Best books for mental development?

19 years old, want to be a better person, expand my mind, what would be good for me?

Other urls found in this thread:

danspires.files.wordpress.com/2015/09/the-spiritual-journey-of-alejandro-jodorowsky-the-creator-of-el-topo.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Literally any book.

It's too late.

This. I started getting serious about reading at 16 and even that was too late, I eventually realized. If you're not a prodigy, there is no point pursuing something. Be a manual laborer. It's what I did.

Faust was good
maybe Wilhelm Meister's Apprenticeship. I haven't finished it so I couldn't really say.
If you're interested in History, Tonybee's History of Civilization, Decline of the West, and Imperium have an interesting take on it, going so far as to give a structure to society.

can't go wrong with The Catcher in the Rye though.

tfw you read a bunch at 13 but all you read was LoTR

danspires.files.wordpress.com/2015/09/the-spiritual-journey-of-alejandro-jodorowsky-the-creator-of-el-topo.pdf

too late why, i read a lot of stuff, but i want recommendations, stop being soo negative...

Focus on non-fiction.

Real people dealing with real problems is way more interesting and educational than fake people in strawman philosophical manifestos.

You don't need a book. You need one thing and one thing alone, you need to leave this website, forget it exists, never come back here and go on with the rest of your life. You'll be better off, trust me.

>too negative
You can read for fun. I still do sometimes. But it's not going to benefit you.

Want to read not only for fun.
Send me sugestions.

A brainlet like you can only read for fun. Just accept it.

The Bhagavad-Gita

this

>If you're not a prodigy, there is no point pursuing something. Be a manual laborer. It's what I did.
QUACK!
such a subtle bait

It's not bait. It's my actual life.

This is a pretty good book to understanding and trying to be honest with yourself.

I wouldn't have expected you to drop the mask either way. Really funny though.

>Send me sugestions [sic]
What's a person or historical event that you're interested in?

Now I'm the one who feels baited. I don't see what's funny about it. Thanks anyway I guess.

This desu

>tfw I started with the Greeks during my puberty...damn it was so late!
>You're not a prodigy, user, so why not be a manual laborer like myself.
You couldn't have been serious when you said that, knowing how many normies pursue intellectual subjects in uni and how most of them are dumbshits. But even if you were, this post was the funniest I've seen this week. It was like seeing an anti-RTZ copypasta about how he grew as a poor potato farmer and made it into pro dodo.

saw blade+throat for posting a le relatable doggo picture