Any good books where the protag is a programmer or at least uses some IT knowledge...

Any good books where the protag is a programmer or at least uses some IT knowledge? Something more or less grounded in reality, not "hack the planet" type of guy.

Those cockroaches don't read or write

t. brainlet

how's data entry going?

cryptonomicron maybe, kind of a nerdier version of a tom clancy novel

any cyberpunk novel

Tao Lin's new book Leave Society is dropping soon

This, software engineer for 4 years, got paid 140k out of college and I quit and now I am a gardener.

From top to bottom, the tech industry is absolute scum. For all of human history we have oppressed or put to work autistics and antisocials, now they drive world politics, economy, and our social lives.

These people are ALL misanthropes, and the whole world will suffer for letting them do this.

STEMshits are subhuman.

t brainlet with bachelors

No bachelors, I was hired after sophomore summer internship and dropped out

no wonder you're a retard
you're not an engineer
you're a tech

>I worked for free yet I call other people STEMshits

These are the kinds of servant-minds tech is filled with, low-rent goons who will slave away at 110k for 30 years to become senior engineers at 180k, instead of understanding how to build opportunities.

In 3 years I could make 6x your target-school degree slave wage. Is that pay really worth surrounding yourself with retards for the rest of your live, sell your soul and your society for 150/year?

Money is easy man, any reasonably smart person can be making 400k by 25, it's the other thing that's hard, and nobody in the technical side of that industry is healthy and happy

I wish I was dead

Permutation City by Greg Egan fits OP's description. I found it quite enjoyable.

This thread is awful.

>any reasonably smart person can be making 400k by 25

ironic reddit is still reddit get the kiketresses off this board please

I sit at my desk and program every day and can't stand how anti-art all my colleagues are.

Maybe they just have different hobbies

I used to think so too, but then at our company Christmas dinner 3 out of my 4 coworkers got their $80 steak well-done or medium-well and I have resented them ever since

no i like that show keep it here

>said neet in basement upset his start-up didnt work out

>m-m-munny is eeaasy.
ok shitlord, tell us more from mommy's basement

read pic related op -- non-fiction but very good