Poetry vs prose

independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/russian-teacher-kills-friend-in-heated-poetry-versus-prose-argument-9095784.html

>The incident comes four months after a similar argument over the theories of German philosopher Immanuel Kant, who argued that reason is the source of morality, resulted in a man being shot in a grocery store in southern Russia.

So, let's settle this once and for all and no killing: Prose or poetry?

>no killing:
Poetry and I'll non-fatally stab you if you say otherwise

how do people have arguments about Kant while grocery shopping?

Also, whatever one's position on ethics, surely shooting the person you're debating with is unethical. Even immoralists would probably say that it's in some sense unethical on account of being stupid and counterproductive.

God damn thats intense.

Russians are just more patrician

prose is flattened poetry. but is as practical uses.

>tfw you will never argue to death about your literary views
>tfw you will never argue in life about your literary views
>tfw life in death to literary will about never views your argue

it certainly doesn't follow from the catagorical imperative.

prose poetry is superior

Lmao pidorashkas btfo.

Lack of Jewish influence in their minds; no rap, no identity politics, no multiculturalism, no excess conflicts. Oh, and no democracy. They can focus on important things, rather than politics.

>no rap, no identity politics, no multiculturalism, no excess conflicts
This doesn't sound like Russia at all, senpai.

lol

Rap is for the double digit IQs, who don't have enough money to go grocery shopping. Identity politics doesn't exist within Russia. Aside from maybe Chechens and some other Oblasts - and once again, by themselves and within themselves. There is no "Kazan history month", Polish reparations or that sort of thing. The government pushes pro-local propaganda that keeps people functional rather than sows discontent and infighting.
Multiculturalism doesn't exist there. Multiple cultures do, and that's the key difference. Excess conflicts are between individuals over the topics of their choosing, not government/media enforced ones. Say, alcohol and poetry rather than 'muh white cop in the wrong hood'.

I just wish I was knwoledgeable enough about either one

Why can't I be this passionate

>identity politics doesn't exist within Russia.

Whats the difference between
Prose and
Meter?

You've clearly never set foot in Russia

>prose
>literary genre

No wonder he got himself murdered.

I've been there (St Petersburg).
Foreign slave labor is foreign slave labor, not a gift from God that exists to eradicate the previous status quo.

Pussy Riot didn't get much traction. The (((foreign))) infiltration and infighting isn't happening. In fact, the Russian desire for Unity exists to keep the dictator in power. Hence their people are free. These are curious times when everything is inverted.

That's very interesting, but a bit missing the fact that rap has been a country music of Russia for a number of years, and even hillbillies proudly put their local flow to the local beats.

I can only assume that you are a dysfunctional Soviet sleeping cell activated at random.

Russians aren't more "literary" than anybody else. The share of their population that appreciates literature is comparable to that of any other major country, it's just that their bydlo culture celebrates honor killings and third world antics

This desu. Most r*ssians are just white niggers but middlebrow amerisharts don't know any better than to romanticize them.

>implying they are different
Poetry would be just solecisms if it weren't prose, and prose would be dialogue if it weren't poetic.

>Identity politics doesn't exist within Russia.

Stop talking out of your ass, there's literal fucking revolutions happening in Russia over identity

Old as fuck

Poetry is superior but its charm is based on the contrast you can stablish between it and prose

Poetry is a holdover of oral tradition and it's antiquated by modern paper mills. We don't have to rely on mnemonic devices to remember shit when we can write down anything we want in as much detail as we please. Modern poets are the fedoras of the literary world.

>Poetry is a holdover of oral tradition and it's antiquated by modern paper mills. We don't have to rely on mnemonic devices to remember shit when we can write down anything we want in as much detail as we please.
This. Dumbshits pull their hair out trying to explain the rise of free verse when it's plain as day the reason why. Shakespeare used iambic pentameter because it's easy to memorize.

>Modern poets are the fedoras of the literary world.
Whew buddy

>Rap is for the double digit IQs, who don't have enough money to go grocery shopping
Pure ideology

How can anyone actually enjoy reading poetry?

How can anyone enjoy reading prose?

I’m sick of comparing the two; it completely depends on how one wants to read. Poetry for those interested in the artistry of stringing words together and their unique arrangement in whatever poem. And for the emos out there, it’s an emotional/personal experience in a way most prose can’t convey. It’s not about the fun of reading for a story or moral, but rather the vibe it gives off. Of course the same can be said for prose, but it’s much more intrigue-driven and entertaining. They’re apples and oranges and it’s not worth putting them against each other.

Guy got off easy, Prose Fags need to be obliterated.