Is there a point in reading literature when you're ~100 IQ? You won't understand much anyway

Is there a point in reading literature when you're ~100 IQ? You won't understand much anyway.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0ofpRxc0GVg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>actually caring about IQ

Its statistical correlations are well established. Generally what distinguishes performance in the higher levels of a skill is mostly IQ.

>I have a low IQ and im mad about it
The post

100 is absolutely ok for reading, it means you can understand most of things and verbality can be trained.

i have an iq of 130 but im anxious that it is not enough to understand higher culture and philosophy still

nigger I have taken IQ tests before and scored highly on them, I think they're a good benchmark for if someone is literally retarded, or for entire populations, but beyond that they're meaningless. Letting a number control your life, whether you think it makes you superior or inferior to others, is beyond retarded.

verbality peaks at 130, you shouldn’t have any problems

Why is it retarded? Say you're pursuing a degree in Electrical Engineering and are having a tough time. You take an IQ test and do some research and find out the average IQ of EE undergrads is ~130 while yours is only 110. Switching to an easier degree might prove to be a positive choice instead of continuing down an academic road you have little probability of finishing.

But what if he has a low iq and cares about it? Then he is retarded which makes his worries justified.

You can understand philosophy at 100 IQ very easily. You only need an 130+ IQ to misunderstand it brilliantly.

Imagine being this much of a slave to a random number.

This and unironically. Only mad autists need to pursue philosophy, thereby violating its intrinsic purpose.

>unironically believing this
Even if you have lower intelligence, if you want to do something and work hard at it, who cares? There are plenty of other factors that contribute anyway. And most people I've met who would score highly on IQ tests would be too fucking lazy to do something like that, they're too used to bullshitting everything. At least those who are average would try at it.

See:

You can raise your IQ.

agreeableness, conscientiousness and IQ in order of importance are what you need for a good career

>spatial IQ is 99
>verbal IQ is 150
According to one test I took back when I was 11 or 12.
Just fucc me up mayne

there is no point in reading literature regardless of what your iq is

The hard working betas are the ones I see shafted the most though. I should know, I'm one of them. Besides we're not talking about something vague like a career, we're talking about intellectual pursuits. There can be no denying these are affected by IQ \ intelligence, which wouldn't be so bad if it could be improved.

Is there a point in participating in society when you're ~200 IQ? They won't understand much anyway.

10/10

I am enraged

being this butthurt
what he said is reasonable

No. Trust me I've tried, but those simpletons are so unbearable to interact with. Why was I born only to stand alone at the top? Even my family seem like retards to me. Some days I wish I was as dumb as some 150 IQ dullard. Then I could waste my time at medicine or science instead of being continuously haunted by the mysteries of God. Alas...

The Faustian Curse . . .

How am I supposed to pursue philosophy then?

what’s your life like? i have a 145 general from school and a 130 spatial. i work in a creative field, full of very talented people that i fear have much higher spatial than me but their talent doesn’t shine/get used properly because they’re a bit stupid generally. very normal people intellectually, they read nothing at all and have the most normie reasoning even about sensitive issues. but they’ve not a grasp on big picture matters, sometimes i ask myself i they made it through life god they’re barely sentient

Become a god.

*how

sent from my iphone

This. There is a total of 6 walking ways, just choose one.

Do exactly what Socrates did. Ask people what they know and listen to them with all honesty. Ask what they mean until they baffle themselves, and then move on to the next person. Do this until you understand that human knowledge does not amount to very much. Then you will be a "philosopher".

>EE majors
>smart
I see you have not spent much time around STEMfriends

Yeah yeah I get it you're a genius but considering people with 130 IQ are smarter than 98% of the population I'd say smart is an appropriate adjective for "STEMfriends".

I study a useless Humanities-related degree which I regret ever having started in my hometown, where I live with my family (all of this- hopelesness about professional future, nonage being prolongued by youth unemployment and the mediterranean familiar tradition- is quite of the usual for my generation and my country tho). Some areas of it really interest me and I wish I could spend more time and effort studying them, but most of the program bores the fuck out of me. It's just as wide as shallow and rigid. Failed most of this semester subjects cuz I didn't study.
I mostly read poetry, philosophy and literary critique and spend hours lying on bed and staring at my phone. I usually go out drinking until I blackout every weekend. Sometimes I attend with some peeps to techno and punk parties.
I don't usually talk to anybody about what I read. Most people in my region that I know have interest in literature or philosophy chose to build up a lettreferit and bohemian persona at 15 or so and they still mantain it at their early 20s. This makes them very annoying individuals, regardless of their views or opinions. Also, I find oral conversations to be just sterile when it comes to certain topics for which written language is better suited off. The Internet (not talking about Veeky Forums here, but about following some authors, publishing houses, finding written works...) is probably a better place for exchanging or receiving impressions and references.

If you've ever spent time talking to someone majoring in EE you would realize that the fact that they supposedly have an average IQ of 130 might cast doubt on the validity of IQ as an indicator of anything.

>the average IQ of EE undergrads is ~130
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

You can understand anything at 90+ IQ.

You can literally be an academic philosopher or literary critic with and IQ of 100, all you're doing is reading shit and writing about it.

IQ is only needed for forming new ideas.

it was used as a hypothetical example you moron

It's not needed for anything. It's a random metric, that reinforces the validity of neuroscience for no reason whatsoever. I would say that much of academia is corrupt and unreasonable, and this is part of the problem we are trying to fix.

I was a skeptic of IQ for a long time, then I read the evidence for its utility. All I can say is, it should be a synonym for intelligence, because it's an extremely accurate metric.

considering that almost all of literature involves childish notions like love, companionship, connection, 100 IQ is fine.

Enlighten us oh great one. What makes it so accurate?

it is predictive of various outcomes

Just stop. There are so many people on this board that disbelieve IQ that a simple post mentioning and proclaiming IQ is shit on like 8 times.

I will say this: you are on a board that does not accept the findings of Darwin as well. What you are pushing is nothing good. The intelligentsia is not always correct, my friend. A good amount of skepticism should be had with regards to these kinds of things.

in that one Gladwell book he came to the conclusion that most high IQ young adults became mediocre professors

But do they know what they're measuring?

that may be true but you should still be shot for reading gladwell

doesn't matter. measure IQ, use that to predict for outcomes.

lol

Stop ironically helping the shitposters

it was many years ago for high school

Holy moly, fuck volcanoes holy moly, that looked horrible. Why was she so close? I can only imagine the terror as she goes down the slip and slide of death. Oh my lord, that's frightening.

>someone disagrees with me
>must be ironic shitposting
you're really butthurt about that two digit IQ score you got aren't you

Absolutely autistic. Get off my board you disgusting engineer

What does an intelligent person look like to you? Let's assume, crudely and roughly, that intelligence means high income, then IQ scores would correlate with that. Any sane definition of intelligence correlates with IQ scores and can be predicted by IQ tests.

It's a bad sign when people shit on something without providing an argument. Show me some evidence that discredits IQ tests and I'll stop. Until then I will advocate them because of their implications--namely that every liberal that has dismissed scientific racism as a pseudoscience has been proven wrong.

yeah we wouldn't want our methods to actually be effective

you learn by reading

smart people are smart because they read, they dont read because theyre smart

so a 100iq boi should read and maybe he'lll reach a 120iq one day

>liberal
Oh now I see where you belong.

Honestly we could have saved a bunch of time by you just posting this IQ shit in there. They are a bunch of Darwinian racial positivists over there, they'd love you to go and say how much better asians are than whites and how stupid blacks are based on some metric developed by Jewish people.

Get it? It's ironic because /pol/ hates Jews.

Well good thing nobody cares what you advocate.
And look, you are a /pol/edditor. Who could have seen that coming?

Now I am become death, the destroyer of worlds

It's fake my man. If it was real she would have been set alight long before making contact.

>This thread

free space should be majored in engineering

also good lord the amount of triggerd brainlets in this thread is astounding

only good post itt

RIP

No! I have a 100 iq and it’s hell. I can’t do anything or feel anything or even be aware of myself most of the time. You geniuses probably won’t understand but it’s awful. I wake up in the morning confused like, “What is happening?” cause I forgot who I was and what it is to be alive during my sleep! And then once I remember that I am a human and what my name is, I have to think forever about what I’m supposed to do—like not that day, but like existentially what it is a human does, like walk and eat and live and plan. From there it just gets worse. I can only hold one idea in my head at a time so I’m usually really bad at prioritising things and will usually think I need to work, so I’ll start banging a hammer around, thinking I’m working but will have forgotten that I need to work for money. So three hours later when I think I’ve worked enough only then do I realize I didn’t work at all! And that’s a good day! Usually all my mental energy goes into stuff like keeping my tongue from falling out of my mouth or not forgetting what I am and that something called time is what is happening to me so I don’t freak out and start yelling for help. It’s all I can do to be aware of books for a few minutes a yea, I bhonestly wasn’t even sure what you did with them till I saw this thread.

IQ may be accurate in some respects and intelligence may be almost entirely genetic and non-improvable but I don't see the point in hammering it in people's heads without providing a solution like a way to improve intelligence. Most people already know intelligence means a lot and that there's nothing they can do to change their own, so why insult them further? All you're doing then is killing what motivation they had left for achieving meaning in life, which is destructive to society as a whole. You can actually see this in the nihilistic, hedonistic, devil-may-cry ironic attitude of the coming generation. Why exacerbate the issue by spreading quantitative findings before neuroscience and genomics have the ability to empirically explain and allay them?

I never implied racial superiority. It seems like you are frustrated and angry and need to relax before you approach such politically charged topics.

shit grammar! who would've known?

I'm also often confused by time. How does it even?

no but there’s also no point in living, if you’re not at least 2 SD’s above average you’re not even human

>african americans in africa: 60 iq
>american african americans in america: 95 iq
That's a 35 iq improvements in only a few decades. To all you mathematically unminded white folk out there, that means they're enroute to overtake your ass even in your most priced intelligence. What will you be left with then? Black men would not only be more athletic and more charismatic than you, they'd even be smarter than you. Pathetic white boys, I pity thee.

If you're not at least 2 SD’s above 2 SD's you're not even human.

This but unironically. If Einstein isn't a moron compared to you, you should consider suicide.

Lmao at butthurt reality deniers in here

Nigs in America score 85 and its only because they're heavily mixed. They're not actually African they're mutts, and to hate whites as a mutt is to hate half if your own lineage.

the fact that you used african americans to refer to africans made me laugh very hard out loud. Just wanted you to know that

how is the bottom left face shape at all the same as the top left
bottom has jutting forehead, downturned nose, different eye placement, protruding chin, different ear placement, of course she would look retarded edited that way
pic related is an actual profile image of someone with white skin and African facial features

youtube.com/watch?v=0ofpRxc0GVg

Nigs aren't human

I wasn't saying Africans and Caucasians don't have different face shapes/features, obviously they do, I was just saying the image posted was not portraying those accurately.

this
i had an iq of 137 when i was 7 years old and i never finished highschool

>what is potential
Clearly you're not 137 IQ anymore. Regression to the mean got you good son, sorry.

its okay

thats like saying pigeons arent birds because they dont resemble crows

Only for philosophy or criticism.
But history and politics/economics only require memory and the ability to 1+1=2 more than once in a chain.

Is she ok?

the fuck?

Pigeons and crows are considered difference species.

Blacks and Whites are considered the same species.

You don't understand Taxonomy.

130 IQ is less and more common than you think.

Awww tell me it ain't so. I wanted to study philosophy the most. Maybe if I think really hard even my 100 IQ brain will be able to understand Kant, Wittgenstein and Hegel? Work you fucking useless brain cells aaaaaa

>Blacks and Whites are considered the same species.
who says this ? it doesnt matter but they are still human user just because you hate them
>You don't understand Taxonomy.
no i do not

>being smarter than 98% of the population is common

durrrrr

It's more that you need 50+ pages an hour reading speed.

Plenty of time, my friend.

for me it’s the same, if someone brings philosophy or literature IRL i reach at my suicide coping mechanism. are you italian?

let me make this easy for you

human = homo sapiens
homo sapiens is a species
therefore blacks and whites are the same species

and that's as far as our taxonomy goes. it doesn't matter if you're a black subsaharan man or an east asian japanese man, you're the same species, and that's all that matters.

that's +6% of the US population, if only count those around 130.
And that's not really how IQ measurement works, you don't get "a specific number" but an estimate: like "between 125 and 135".
1/5 of the adult population has an IQ over 120, probably even more.