Why does Veeky Forums hate Barnes & Noble?

Why does Veeky Forums hate Barnes & Noble?

it's the reddit of bookstores

>i dont actually fucking know so muh reddit

Overpriced shit selection of books plus human interaction. Can you imagine anything worse?

I was not aware there was anything wrong with Barnes & Noble.

Yes I want to buy my books from a place that sounds like a law firm for horses.

overpriced classics + meme pop lit

poor selection of non-fiction, especially STEM stuff

I know right. I like go there and drink a big 90s coffee and munch upon a biscotti while I lose myself among the “stacks”(that’s a nerdy term us book nerds use when nerding out about books, you either get it or you don’t)

*amongst

*amongsthpffft

Is that leaf troll the Ur-Numale?

Their classic translations are inferior to Oxford World Classics.

If they make stemfags mad then they're actually doing something right

heh wouldn't you like to know?
will wheaton is technically which is why he's in a bunch of those pictures, VSauce and Will Wheaton are the ur-Betas

Humanities baristas, ladies and gentlemen

it's ok for fiction but absolutely trash for history/humanities/cultural theory/philosophy, which makes sense because they mostly market towards boomers, families and the handful of weird people you always see in there.

The humanitiesfags that shit on STEM are just as bad as STEMfags who think that the humanities are bullshit and that philosophy is "useless" or "nonsensical".

False. Please go back to plebbit

Because even the overpriced used bookstore is half the price of Barnum and Bailey

It's comfy for the non-book items though, or if you want to read a meme book in one sitting while sitting at the designated attached starbucks

I'm pleasantly surprised this man has his mouth closed.

They sell books you could literally buy for $2-5 at outrageous prices often 22.99 or more. While it's nice to have a bookstore atmosphere, Barnes and Nobles is not the place to buy books which aren't recent releases.

ayo visited yesterday. shit edition of kerouac was around USD17, rumi near USD15. had a great brownie tho so no hate truly

God I hate that kid so much. I have no idea why he even posts so many photos of himself on the inernet, or why he looks like such a complete faggot. Whatever the reason, I really wish he was dead. His existence is just a tragedy. I've never seen such a douche bag in my life.

t. faggot that will never achieve any success in his career.

Kek mind if I write that one down?

Thoughts on Indigo/Chapters/Coles?

The leaf equivalent, nothing more or less.

He's too self-aware to be a full nu-male

All they care about is money and pushing the membership on people. Books are fucking expensive and the customer service is always in your face.

Because Goodwill is much better, cheaper, etc.

Used book stores can be good too, provided that they aren't infested with SJW hipsters who pretend to read a la Powells

why does this mans forehead look so fucking massive? I can't handle it. I don't think he actually has much hair--its all cranium.