Art is not "creativity"

youtube.com/watch?v=xKvMJtQIyo4&t=

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=45QcTSVZf64
youtube.com/watch?v=4cD0u_s0mAU&t=
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Not gonna waste my team watching this, but let me guess. He's a conservative, isn't he? Fucking brainlet.

No posting here if you are under 21.

Define art

Looks pretty, feels pretty, tastes pretty, sounds pretty, smells pretty but not ugly.

Define pretty

Define quotation marks.

Yes, Art is creations

>my bf's dick is art
I'm fine with this

Self-expression, especially emotional.

Crossfading is art.

that's pretty gay user

Crossfading is degeneracy.

Why can't art lack emotions? Maybe you just project your own on it

Not memeing here, the guy's voice and intonation sound an awful lot like Peterson.

Let's meet in the middle and call it degenerate art.

youtube.com/watch?v=45QcTSVZf64

Not the guy you're asking, but I think it's difficult if not impossible for any artistic effort to be fully free of emotion. Just this very decision alone to create something "unemotional" is based on emotional evaluation. I think any kind of deliberation and intentionality is ultimately emotional/heavily emotionally tainted.

All this just to say "go back to the early modernists"

What about sociopath/psychopath "artists"? Others could perceive emotion, but the author clearly didn't put any of it genuinely.

LOL!
youtube.com/watch?v=4cD0u_s0mAU&t=

This guys isn't saying anything. He makes no arguments for his preferred understanding of art and actually contradicts himself may times. What a buffoon. Read any of the major analytical critiques on the philosophy of art from the last 80 or so years and this whole simplistic line of thought totally breaks down and is revealed to be narrow, naive and shallow.

lol what? Sociopaths and psychopaths still experience emotion. To discuss this we need to establish exactly what we mean by 'emotion' in this context.

They do? I was under the impression that since they can't empathize they can't distinguish between emotions

how do you think some socio/psychopaths are so adapt at manipulation if they can't distinguish between emotions?

I don't think it's ever possible to escape the "causal chain" of emotions, if you will. Even if you take a severe sociopath whose emotions are dull and fleeting at best, his decision to create art can still be broken down to some kind of evaluation of emotional states, with the state resulting from having created said art being deemed preferable. The creative process is likely much more insincere, inauthentic, mechanistic, and manipulative, but the motivational framework is still emotional, even if the actual quality/intensity of the emotion is extremely low in comparison to other artists.

But it's an interesting idea anyway. Does anyone know of a confirmed severe sociopath who has attempted to emulate "emotional art" or whose art could be called unemotional?

I meant their own, they can obviously learn a shallow understanding of emotions by observing others

I suspect art made by psychopaths would be heavy in themes of cruelty, hate, narcissism ect. if one would actually allow that nature to be transmitted into the art - the discrete decision to hide their genuine nature and present a false one would be in a sense a depiction of a kind of emotion - one of manipulation and self preservation.

A human creation revered for its pleasure-giving and cutting-edge quality.