Where to start with accelerationism?

Where to start with accelerationism?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/W43aQxzjyeM
vincentgarton.com/2017/07/22/excavating-the-origins-of-accelerationism/
bleedingintoreality.wordpress.com/2017/12/09/grey-hat-accelerationism-an-emergent-hyperstition-part-1/
pmacdougald.wordpress.com/2016/04/14/accelerationism-left-and-right/
jacobitemag.com/2017/05/25/a-quick-and-dirty-introduction-to-accelerationism/
amazon.com/Dreamscape-My-Diary-Desu/dp/1544852649
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

pretty obvious

Don't

this

Why not?

My diary desu

>$520
When did they get so cheap?

good luck wasting your time

Accelerationism started with you a long, long time ago.

deleuze is the obvious starting point ("accelerate the process is from anti oedipus"). after reading deleuze you'll probably find that most accelerationism is just stupid deleuze fan-fic (even if pretty entertaining sometimes)

it's stupid

why

Capitalism works senpai.

That Nick Land reader compiled by some anons. Also CCRU collected writings.

Amphetamines.

I need to rationalise my depression, schizo tendencies and absolute alienation from humanity that's why

think about it

more specifically, reading deleuze on amphetamines and listening to jungle (rolling around on the floor may help but is optional)

So you don't know why you disagree with it?

>tfw Madoka resets the griefnocapital accumulatory runaway process

The truth is, people always presume humanity to exist for the purpose of some service, whether to god or each other, or to the self. Some argue that the goal of our creation is simply the perpetuation of our existence, and that our lives have no true meaning other than self-continuance. It is even said that humanity itself is an exercise in the search for meaning, and there is found virtue.

All of these ignore our true Heartbeat of our existence, the coursing foundation of our lives. We exist in a single point in space, among infinite others, and all that matters is our progress to those others, as action, vigour and vitality are what call to us; movement for movement's sake; heat and blaze. We exist to catalyse existence, to set the Night on Fire. The agent of this above all else is movement... acceleration... speed.

As I write this I'm having Deja Vu of all those nights I spent Running in the 90s, trying to understand why I was put on this earth. If this man has truly discovered our raison d'etre, he will be a A Perfect Hero, rising above mere humanity, to be remembered forever by those he blazes past, as all I pass will Remember Me. I Won't Fall Apart, I will make it to The Top. Nothing can stop my ascension from humanity, I can feel it coming even now, I will reach Max Power, I will stay Forever Young, and I will become the champion of the next stage in our evolution; so what if I sacrifice my base humanity, I will become... the Speedy Speed Boy.

I'm Nick Land and this, is my meltdown! I work here with my old man Gilles Deleuze and stepdad Mencius Moldbug. Everything in here is gonna get de-territorialised by capital. One thing i've learned after lots of drugs, you never know what is gonna come after humanity recedes like some loathsome dream into the machinery!

This

But if you must, then at least read Virilio. Any of his works will do, and at least he can actually write/think unlike the trendy post-vaporwave nerds who flood twitter with their hot takes

Endnotes

Endnotes isn’t even accelerationist in the least, loser

that show where Paris Hilton and her friend worked minimum wage jobs

any special recs on virilo?

top kek good job user

which accelerationism though?

Supply ability-1170 units per month.

not that user, but I have The Information Bomb and it seemed like a decent introduction to his thinking without having read any prior material. I find it hard to take him seriously as I do with Land though, and so the most interesting thing becomes the way that their prose acts as an extension of their ideas, whether it's Land's amphetamine-fueled hallucinations or Virilio's frantic quasi-luddite hysteria.

Listen to Death Grips

isn't virilio just off brand mcluhan? same dopy stuff, maybe slightly more lucid

Virilio is French so by definition not more lucid than anyone else.

Start here
youtu.be/W43aQxzjyeM

It ends with synchronocity, like Terence McKenna talked about, and futurism, posthumanism, and eventually godhood. The Collective Consciousness, Oneness with the Universe and thusly, God. You are God Himself, experiencing a subjective, limited experience (your life). A subroutine of the Source, THE ALL. All of the infinite dimesnional planes of existence, with all of their varieties and noevlties of being, are the God, But the totality of God is not teh totality of this existence, God can also be outside of it as well, God can be as paradoxiacl as He wants, He's allowed to be, as an omnicient being, the consciousness of THE ALL. Animism, is real, and is the closest we will ever get to a true religion, the rest is larping by historical characters turned gods.

t. I'm real drunk and high, thank the drugs niggas

Unironically, read this first.

vincentgarton.com/2017/07/22/excavating-the-origins-of-accelerationism/

and then this

bleedingintoreality.wordpress.com/2017/12/09/grey-hat-accelerationism-an-emergent-hyperstition-part-1/

Didn't NRx reject this later on? What was their reasoning?

Buy an iMac, start vaping, create your own pc wallpaper messing around with photoshop, download music ilegally, legally stream music, smoke weed but only 100% sativa, take modafinil every 6 hours, do meth once a day, vape 25i-NBOMe with your vaper, ride a bike really fastly, only eat at McDonalds, Burger King and KFC; never drink diet coke, always full coke; do cocaine once a week, paint graffitys all night every night while tripping all around your town using your bike, get tons of tattoos with ocult symbolism, film every single thing you do and see, edit it into videoclips for your electronic music created in a cracked version of FL studio and upload it everywhere; read kant, deleuze, nietzsche, marx, pkd, nick land, anything that is edgy; rob a liquor store, two stores, three stores, run away from the cops with your bike, create your own weapons using deepweb manuals, shoot the cops with them, bomb the cops, invest in the market, get into crypto-currency, become a millionare, become a billionare, create a new era of slavery, open slavery with chains and everything, laser chains; create sylicon based life forms and robots, make them fight for your amusement, implant micro-chips in your human slaves, create nanobots, infest all water in the world with them, control every form of life with them, commit suicide just to come back to life in cyborg form, become something no one can imagine, dominate the universe, have sex with the universe, impregnate yourself with your own seed, become a never stopping multiplicity of universal techno-semen, accelerate

This but with Indica, 4-aco-dmt, pure data and Kierkegaard

What do if I've already spriitually and astrally done most (all) of this, and now live life as a relatively "normal" man

Kill yourself

Could someone explain Accelerationism to me in both leftwing and right-wing context please? I'm still not totally sure what it's supposed to be advocating.

Just do shit fast

left-wing accelerationism doesn't exist

pmacdougald.wordpress.com/2016/04/14/accelerationism-left-and-right/

But why?

NRx and Accelerationism only truly converged in the person of Nick Land.

For many neoreactionaries, Accelerationism is of limited interest. Much of it can be overlooked, but it does contain some key insights.

To accelerate

But that's why I still do psychedelics (read: entheogens)

jacobitemag.com/2017/05/25/a-quick-and-dirty-introduction-to-accelerationism/

Accelerationism is trying to accelerate the demise of society to bring about a revolution faster than one would normally happen. In a left wing sense this would mean voting for Trump and other conservatives, hoping that this would push other Americans to fight back. The idea is that this would bring about quicker results than the incremental gains from traditional politics. What they fail to account for is the amount of suffering that is caused by doing this.

>making awful people suffer AND getting to destroy their cattle ranch
excellent

Such a shit pasta

underrated

wrong

then define accelarationism

I tried shrooms for the first time 3 days ago and it was the complete opposite of an accelerated experience, they made me really slow. I like acid a lot more but it is so hard to find legit acid that I preffer to go with shrooms and avoid nbome induced brain damage.
When I was younger I legit used to think psychedelic experience had something interesting in them but in this last trip I felt that all the stuff the shrooms were showing me were nothing new and I could clearly see why these substances lead to hippie delusion. I will keep taking psychedelics but I dont think they are going to give me what they once gave me, specially in my first experience which blew me the fuck out, it was the only time I experienced ego death or ego dissolution since I didnt literally stop being my self but something about how one percives space and time changed, categorical thinking just didnt work at that point.
What are some things you do while on psychedelics that are not just laying around or fooling around with your degenerate friends?

well played

accelerationists generally reject the notion of revolution because that's humanist thinking

>fatter = cheaper
>"no smell"
i tried not to laugh out loud, but still did

Speed and Disappearance is considered his most important I think, but I really enjoyed The Aesthetics of Disappearance and The University of Disaster.

The above user who called him off-brand McLuhan is misinformed, he is more in common with Baudrillard and Deleuze and Guattari.

He doesn't connect to Land at all but he wrote on acceleration earlier and with much more rigour. He is not an accelerationist though, he says we need to slow it down and chill.

>it literally just ends with some kind of mimetic relationalist version of anemnesis

Nigga you don't need to take drugs for this, just read Schelling.

someone give me a simple explanation i'm having trouble figuring out what their end game is in the current political context

Capitalism is destroying the world and humanity. The normal reaction to this: lets stop capitalism or find a way it doesnt destroy itself and fucks us too!
Accelerationism: lets actually let capitalism do its thing and hope the technological progress it produces gets us above nature and our own flawed nature (humanity) while we post autistic shit on twitter

Left acceleration: push capitalism to extremes so that it destroys itself and inaugurates a fully automated luxury communism/tech-ecotopia

Right acceleration: push capitalism to its extremities so that it kills everyone and destroys the world

(Both are stupid)

>both are stupid
Why?

Interesting. This has always been my view, although it's been in a more "I wanna see how badly we can fuck things up before I die" kinda way.

Left accelerationism it's more about pushing the liberal democracy to its extreme.
And "capitalism" doesn't exist.

Left has no reason to assume that capital will suddenly incorporate or care about human rights management after automation (bold claims have always been made about emerging technologies and the result has never come to fruition).

Right doesn't suppose this but remains commited to a purely speculative and fatalistic sci fi vision and treats it as if it is an inevitable reality.

>What they fail to account for is the amount of suffering that is caused by doing this.
they don't fail to account for it, they accept it as collateral damage.

You can derive it yourself pretty easily if you start with Velocitism.

this cover is cringe as fuck

Anyone else finding it hard to keep up with all these accelerationisms?

no it isn't
all it takes to refute this is think 12 years back before we had the iphone

things have changed, and are changing

it's the fall of all defining barriers of man
the elite class is needed to farm the common man's energy to leave this planet and populate others

the left/right is to drain the commoner's energy with trivial differences.

I think the colors are pretty

Does "revolution" only refer to political revolution? What about accelerating social and technological change?

Anyone have a copy of A Nick Land Reader?
Link is dead

what the fuck is up with the edgy imagery?

>cringe as fuck
Well.... Its accelerationism so... Yeah

One day some hack will write about this place and name it "my diary desu", killign the meme.

start with vorticism

Psychedelics are a picture painted on a wall, no matter how fast you run at the wall you can never become part of the picture. The chemical confusion induced by psychedelics can make you think you are for a short while tho.

fucking gold

amazon.com/Dreamscape-My-Diary-Desu/dp/1544852649