People who open their books so wide they damage the spine

>People who open their books so wide they damage the spine
>People who fold the covers back so they can hold the book one handed
>People who dog-ear the pages of their books
>People who don't wash their hands before they read and end up with the thumb-streak on the edges of the page

sometimes I get food stains on my books, but only the really good ones that I can't stop reading while I cook and eat.

>REEE BOOKS SHOULD ALWAYS BE PRISTINE AS IF NO ONE EVER TOUCHED THEM
pseud

>Books need to be damaged to look like they've been read

Just vanity, until you're actually getting at the binding or tearing up/staining pages it's still perfectly readable.

nobody said that. it's just an unimportant matter of personal taste. there's no reason to get so het up about it.

>people who post anime

>Accidentally leave a book in the car
>It becomes warped and curved from the heat

I burn them after that, I can't stand to look at the horrid things.

They're like acid-attack victims, its a mercy that I put them down.

Your description sounds like the way I treat pussy.

Well, if I got any. Forgot to add that, my fault.

>he doesn't cum in his books

faggot detected

>People who fold the covers back so they can hold the book one handed
>he doesn't do this

Enjoy holding a cumbersome book two feet wide sometimes.

I mean, I definitely don't do it all the time, but if the book is obtusely large, it's much easier.

Are you reading Atlases at the beach?

>People who burn their books after reading them

>I never go outside

>People who rip out a chapter they dont like
>FROM A LIBRARY BOOK

>People who keep their books after reading them

Actual vanity and consumerism at its height. You don't read for the literature, you just want the books to show off. Donate them, throw them away, burn them, do literally ANYTHING but keep them around once you're finished with them.

books aren't handwritten anymore sweetie

What fucking books are two feet wide when held open?

You hitting up the Magic School Bus series at the park, b?

>not liking a book enough to keep it
>not rereading books
>not keeping what you bought

I unironically love dog earing and marking up my book with notes. Makes me feel like a big brain.

Makes me feel engaged.

>rereading books

Is your memory that bad?

>thinking that's the only reason to reread
Come on now, use your big brain.

I wash my hands but I read for such long lengths of time I get that thumb streak from natural perspiration anyway and I can't stand it

>go to a small town library
>open a book
>all the sex scenes, and any pages proximal to them, are ripped out

This has happened to me at least three times. The bible belt is fucked.

Odds are, Most of your friends don't read. Keeping books in hopes of letting them borrow them is stupid.

If you keep the book because you genuinely like them. Destroy them and buy a high quality hard cover version and let it sit on your book shelf.

If you think throwing away something after you've used it is bad.... Well you're a hoarder.

Luckily I live in California. No CENSORSHIP for me KEKBOYS!
and if anything offends the libs, odds are I can just buy a cheap copy anyways.

I burn, sell, or donate my books when I'm done with them.
Sometimes I get large stacks of my used books and glue the pages together then glue the books together and paint all white or black and make furniture out of them.

Europoor from Italy here: our books are just indestructible, the quality of the paper is better, the covers look better, and unless you throw them into a pot of boiling water full of pasta or a pizza oven they'll keep being beautiful for years.

Saluti from my patrician attic in Rome, where we don't need to have OCD to keep paperbacks in good conditions, plebei del cazzo

How do you what the pages were of they’re ripped out?

>italy here
and post discarded

You're an idiot. Reread your post.

But I'm pretty sure you can tell the pages are ripped out because the pages will be missing.

For example you'll be on page 20 and suddenly the book will jump to page 40. It's very obvious.

>destroying books is putting them to use
I'm all for donating, since I will likely get tired of some books or even have some bad books I don't even want anymore. Also, do you have any concept of sentimentality? Feels like you don't since you don't care to keep any book at all. I kind of get where you're coming from, but, are there any books you kept for sentimental value? And:
>rebuying books for the hardcover

Yeah, but how he know they were of sex if they’re of ripped out?

Either he's assuming or he's read them before or someone told him.

Why?

Do you have autism?

That only happened to me once, I learned my lesson after that.

this post made laugh but
>our books are just indestructible
I classici mondadori si rovinano un sacco

Sì ma solo perché imitano i penguin - e comunque i nuovi classici con la doppia copertina da giocattoloni sono meno peggio.. Però se vedi gli Einaudi, i BUR (dio li benedica), piccola biblioteca adelphi, ecc. alcuni puoi tirarli contro il muro e ti rimbalzano addosso restando uguali.
Di base il post era odio contro Penguin paperbacks e basta, non sopporto la carta... E le copertine fanno cagare, la maggior parte.

Felice di non essere il solo italiano qui, comunque, se troviamo qualcun altro bisogna fare un meeting ita/lit/

Maybe you should consider not buying used books if this bothers you so much.

Tutto vero.
>Felice di non essere il solo italiano qui, comunque, se troviamo qualcun altro bisogna fare un meeting ita/lit/
Siamo almeno una ventina, credo. comunque io al meetup non ci verrei, tutto quell'autismo insieme mi sarebbe fatale

A me incuriosirebbe solo vedere quando sono autistici gli italiani di Veeky Forums. Secondo me sarebbero più che altro studenti spocchiosi di letteratura stile Bookchemist

If you’re paying more than five bucks for a book, you’re a cuck

>he doesn't use a reading glove

or you have a taste for obscure books.

It's all online

pseuds spend their whole lives adding books to their collection but never reading them, so the idea that a book might become worn over time is an unnatural and thus repulsive one to them.

Academic books should be read hard. Virgin margins are an affront to the human intellect.

>books, not .pdf

I want my children to read them faggot, or am I supposed to let them buy it again in the future?

I do all these. Also I fold pages in half and throw dust jackets in the trash.

They're my books, so...

>typing spoiler in english
Fake italian spotted try again tryhard

It's really not though.

>having children in a world of 7+ billion people

Ah, a man of no morals

Name something that isn’t online

I like to fold the book in half, sometimes I make sure to fold it with extra force to make sure there is a fold in the spine. I like the transformation from unread to read.

Anything that is printed like a textbook? I have a copy of Principles of Economics by Carl Menger that’s big like that, and a copy of Emile by Rousseau that I’m reading which I flip the cover back on constantly.

My copy of Extraordinary Popular Delusions and the Madness of Crowds by Charles Mackay also was about as big as a textbook and I folded the cover back on that and held it one handed.

Not everyone reads little fiction books all day, pleb.

You're going to have to post a picture, because I have no idea how you flip a textbook cover without actually destroying the book.

>I want it to looked read
This is pseud shit on the level of those people who buy those tacky barnes and noble hardcovers

The worst is grease stains. If I get a grease stain I have to cut it out of the page because I'd rather have a little whole than a grease stain.

However, I myself fold books in half and dog ear pages (book marks fall out, dog ears are forever).

I own three of those :3

What if you want to reread it?

>Virgin margins are an affront to the human intellect
wew

Sorry if you're a fucking animal that can't manage to not get stains on your reading material then something is wrong with you, famalam.

it's just that sometimes I'm eating spaghetti with one hand and holding the book in the other and a little sauce gets on the page... irritating but not the end of the world.

I've also run out of bookmarks so I keep my place by laying the book open and pages down on the table and then it sometimes ends up underneath piles of other things for a bit.

That's not as bad. Good attempt at triggering me, though!

once I annotated a copy of Revolutionary Road then realised my annotations were completely redundant so I tore off the margins of all the pages I'd written on.

Now you've done it.

>mom says it’s my turn to read Ulysses

filthy communist

books are just paper faggot get over it

Books are more than the paper they’re made of

I deeply enjoy seeing my cheap paperback books completely torn appart when I finish reading them. I display them proudly on my shelf.

yeah so the paper doesn't matter

Wow, and that's the only reason to read a book again, right?

Y'all so beautiful arguing on that strong and bold language

>keeping your books us the height of consumerism
>if you really like a book burn it and BUY ANOTHER ONE

Steal, faggot

>People who don't wear gloves whenever they handle a book
>People who take books outside
>People who don't clean their books before and after each use

The Zohar

>caring about cheap paperbacks
>not liking the aesthetic of a book being worn down as you live with it

never gonna make it
your ideals of aesthetics are too regimented, linear... boring.

fag

>never gonna make it

Gonna make... what?

>i run my thumbnail along the page as i'm reading. every book i've read has a soft and/or slightly torn page edge
>sometimes i get papercuts doing this and smear blood on the pages
>i dogear my books
>if i don't dogear them, i leave them open page-down to the point i left off
>if the book was printed recently, i guarantee i'll smudge the ink every other page at least
>i will reread these damaged books without caring

eh. i don't mind a read-looking book

There’s a difference between “looks read” and “looks like it came from a crime scene”

>letting a population of people dumber than outbreed you

Ah, a man of no brains

>Books

>bought an old used copy of the Iliad at a book sale
>book has been sitting on a shelf the last 30 years
>mfw as soon as I start reading it the spine literally breaks and large chunks of pages start falling out

>people who touch their books
>people who don't judge the books by its cover

talk to about it, friend.

>reading is about memorizing stories

I love how you overreact to the smallest things, the Iliad is probably the easiest book to find in any bookstore, behind the bible.

Where did he say that?