Most popular youtuber is starting a book club with Beyond Good & Evil

>I'm thinking about starting a book club next month. I'd like to begin with Friedrich Nietzsche's Beyond Good & Evil. Let me know if you guys are interested
- Pewdiepie

holy shit lads 60 million tweens are going to read BG&E next month what effect will this have on our solar system?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oZ_qiYc133U
youtube.com/watch?v=TPe8EuWNqHA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

this thread is on topic. don't delete this you fucking faggots

He should have tricked them into reading max stirnir, and watch the world slowly crumble as every argument anyone makes no matter how thought out be dismissed with a single word.

Fuck you, this isn't on topic anymore than your chronic masturbation is a sex life. Take your shitty eceleb threads and fuck off.

he's not even a booktuber
get fucked manchild

>>>/yootoober/

Next PewdiePie Book Club book revealed!

>tfw 1 of the 60 million tweens
feels good

START

what the fuck does this have to do with pol or nazism?
so threads about a nobody like cliff are fine but when the most popular youtuber alive starts a book club with Veeky Forums's favorite book it's not okay?

source?

Can't blame him for making videos about something that genuinely interests him and trying to get his audience to do something productive with their time.

youtube.com/watch?v=oZ_qiYc133U

Pewds is a Nazi and everyone that watches his videos are also Nazis. Now anyone who reads Neech is also a Nazi. Shit is getting out of control. You’ll know it’s going off the rails when he starts reading Jung and teases Miguel Serrano that shit is going completely off the rails.

>so threads about a nobody like cliff are fine

two wrongs don't make a right

That would be horrible. Can you imagine a bunch of kids suddenly bringing up Infinite Jest whenever they want to sound smart?

He’s a fuckboy and he thinks he’s so smart now and reading is a fashion accessory for him and he doesn’t care about the wellbeingness of his fans.

why do you think so?

he's a millenial. His whole life is a performance

OK Veeky Forums IF THERE HAS BEEN ONE MOMENT IN HISTORY WHERE THIS BOARD COULD HAVE HELD ANY POWER OR RELEVANCE, THIS IS IT.

THIS IS AN "ARISTOTLE TEACHES ALEXANDER" SCENARIO.
DON'T FUCKING SCREW IT.

THE GUY IS CLEARLY BROWSING THE BOARD AND HE'S CLEARLY STARTING FROM THE LOW TIER BOOKS.

THE BOARD SHOULD BE IN THE BEST STATE POSSIBLE. GIVE GOOD ADVICES FOR BOOKS. DON'T CALL EVERYONE A BRAINLET. DON'T BE EDGY OR YOU'LL TURN HIM EDGY.

FINAL OBJECTIVE: TO MAKE 60 MILLION VIEWERS LAUGH AT A JOYCE FART JOKE.

JUST IMAGINE THAT

JUST DO IT

It’s easy to read him. I’ve been watching him for years and you can just see that he’s a big fashion guy, and the way he tries to be “intelligently funny” in all of his social media is just so visible. He’s so big on his ‘self label’, like he really cares about how people perceive him. And I don’t believe anyone could honestly care about their fans, I think it’s all just a formality because you can’t say otherwise. Or you have to compensate for your inner insincerity when you’re showing off your intellectuality or taste, idk.

How do we get him to read IJ? That would be genuinely interesting desu

START--
WITH HEIDEGGER

I remember subbing to him when he was below 10k subs, discontinued when he just screamed 4 dick "joke" phrases over and over. I'm glad he developed some years down the line. He seems so sincere nowadays compared to what he used to be.

>he's threatening my ability to feel special.

Note that he goes to /gif/ every week to gather content for his YLYL show. So, either he already browses Veeky Forums, or we should get him to.

This, but honestly.

is this what he had to turn to after youtube demonetized him? amazon affiliate links for books?

>most influential youtuber makes the youth read 19th century philosophy
>not Veeky Forums related

kys, this guy has more reach and the entirety of traditional television.

>pewdiepie reading the letters to norah on youtube

this has potential

OK MOTHERFUCKERS NO JOKES HERE

WE ALL AGREE HE SHOULD START WITH THE GREEKS

1. HOW DO WE SEND HIM FROM THE GREEKS TO JOYCE FART JOKES

2. DOES SOMEONE HAVE A CHART FOR THAT

3. SHOULD WE LEAVE A COMMENT TO THE VIDEO AND UPLOAD IT SO HE STARTS TO READ NEXT MONTH

WE WON'T LET YOUNG ALEXANDER SCREW THIS TIME

THIS TIME HE'LL BE A VIRTUOUS CHAD

MERRILY CRACKING JOKES ABOUT MERRILY CRACKING FARTS

the pewdiepie influx is coming.

probably better than when reddit found our top 100 list

to be fair, our top 100 list is reddit-tier as fuck

oh I missed that
got any screenshots?

BRAP memes could simply be a good way into Joyce

how the hell is he supposed to understand Beyond Good and Evil?

I don't think he will finish it

This is not how it works. Booktubers don't need to understand nothing. They just need to popularize the book until they find some nigger genius in Rwanda who reads Plato because he saw it on youtube and decides to make the Republic real

no no No NO NO NO NO N-

>some nigger genius in Rwanda who reads Plato because he saw it on youtube and decides to make the Republic real

Everyone make a twitter account and @ him with the tweet "start with the greeks" , for the next few weeks we must make Veeky Forums a greek themed board

what word?

POP THESE NIGGAS LIKE A WILLY NIGGA YOUS A SILLY NIGGA

weelie*

>>> Veeky Forums

/clas/ here: I'm on the mission and ready to die for it. Wish me good luck.

this is what a subhuman looks like

/gif/? You mean /wsg/, right?

Nietzsche fags will get more prevalent and annoying, same as always.

IM ON SOME ROB A NIGGA SHIT
TAKE A NIGGA BITCH
DO THE DASH IN THE WHIP
CUT SOME CASH IN MY DICK
SHUT UP
BUT I FUCKED THAT NIGGA BITCH

>Farenheit 451
>1984
>Brave New World

The guy is literally using the Veeky Forums starter kit chart. He's probably reading the thread.

This is truly the abyss.

Go back to redd*t

He's likely here right now. I know he goes on /gif/ by proof in his YLYL videos.

You should read Joyce though and form some army of literate teenagers and preteens.

They're well known books user.

wtf

Ok, I get that mods are lazy pieces of shit that dont even care about deleting the gorillions of peterson threads, but they really need to get their shit together now
MODS: DELETE ALL PEWDIEPIE THREADS, I BEG YOU, PLEASE DONT LET THIS PLACE GET ANY WORSE, WE HAVE /tv/ FOR THIS TYPE OF SHIT, LETS KEEP IT THAT WAY, PLEASE?

He's literally using the baby's first authoritarian fiction. If those are the books it'll all be "as we can see here, big brother is a metaphor for people who don't like me saying 'nigger'".

You're a millennial too unless you're 40+ oldfag

>he's not even a booktuber
False. He became one today.

Kek

he's following oprah's playbook, dude needs to do a movie tho, and have studio guests if he really wanna get on the big o level

oh no, i know what he's up to, this is all just a setup to promote that shitty peterson book

>dude needs to do a movie tho, and have studio guests if he really wanna get on the big o level
That's the exact kind of stuff he said he doesn't want to do.

well then he just doesn't have what it takes to join the billionaire class

>holy shit lads 60 million tweens are going to read BG&E next month what effect will this have on our solar system?

woah, millions of teenagers parents are going to freak when their kids start revaluating their parents values
this is a game changer

spook

>what effect will this have on our solar system?
nothing

Seriously, has someone even considered the meme potential in making this guy read the trilogy and listen to a very confused 10 minutes video on his personal confusion at interpreting Slothrop's erections?

what do you think he might bring as next reads to this book club? i fear something retarded entry level redpill tier shit

the most successful booktuber in the history of the internet within one video

>Veeky Forums is desperate for validation, attention and HABBENINGS so they want to reach out, and won't and this is all psychotic OMG GUYZ dorm room delusion, to a crypto-fascist capitalist YT superstar whose audience is teenagers and prepubescents who he farms for his personality disorder and also they don't give a fuck at all if he understands the books, nor does their "Disdain 4 plebz" register despite the plebeian nature of this man's mind which is blatantly obvious when one watches any video he's ever made
good stuff, never change internet

>i fear something retarded entry level redpill tier shit
he's starting with beyond good and evil

I want him to review this after dyeing his beard.

>I dip my forefinger in the watery blood of your impotent mad-redeemer (your Divine
>Democrat — your Hebrew Madman) and write over his thorn-torn brow, “The true prince
>of Evil — the king of the Slaves!”
>No hoary falsehood shall be a truth to me — no cult or dogma shall encramp my pen.
>I break away from all conventions. Alone, untrammeled. I raise up in stern invasion the
>standard of Strong.
>I gaze into the glassy eye of your fearsome Jehovah, and pluck him by the beard — I uplift
>a broad-axe and split open his worm-eaten skull.

>I blast out the ghastly contents of philosophic whited
>sepulchres and laugh with sardonic wrath.

>Then reaching up the festering and varnished facades of
>your haughtiest moral dogmas, I write thereon in letters of blazing
>scorn: — "Lo and behold, all this is fraud!"

>all these elitists
Calm down he’s just starting out

>what effect will this have on our solar system?
Relatively none. You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink.

(you)

wow someone copied Nietzsche and did the nordicist LARP

Holy shit you fucking redditor. You're what's wrong with this board.

Why is that reddit?

i'm in only to spite this fag

we know why, will he yield a good direction or slip into /pol memes?

Good on him for starting to read and encouraging others to do so. I'm trying to find a valid reason to hate on this, but I can't. It wont stop me though.

I can't help feeling utter disgust knowing that normies and Pewdiepie fans are going to suddenly find literature "cool" and completely ruin things by misinterpreting classic books.

I don't believe his influence will be a positive one. It's all a part of his "I've grown up now! Look how serious and trendy I am!" act. I'm not falling for this neo/hipster Pewdiepie shit. Give it a few years and wait to see what other bandwagons he can jump on and ruin with his fanbase. I'm disgusted at how he's using this board's beginner's suggestions (painfully obvious) in order to make himself seem smarter and more sophisticated.

Everyone talks about how "Pewdiepie isn't that bad anymore" but literally all his videos are just him reacting to recycled memes posted on Reddit, and smug, lazy commentary of whatever is trending at the moment. He is making MILLIONS of dollars off of everyone else's work and/or passions. Everything about "new Pewdiepie" is stolen off of Veeky Forums and Reddit.

Pewdiepie, if you're reading this: kindly fuck off. Find something else no one gives a shit about and use and abuse it until something else comes up that you can make money off. Some of us see through you and what you're doing. Just don't ruin literature for us.

Here's a suggestion: Try educating your fanbase on how Europe and western civilization and culture is dying before our very own eyes. Being Swedish, you should be very knowledgeable on this subject.

Sorry if this post is a messy rant, but Pewdiepie now trying to jump on the literature bandwagon is just completely ridiculous. He's really outdone himself this time. This might be the worst thing I've seen this year, and possibly for the rest of 2018.

Go back to reddi*

>he gives a fuck what other people do
lmao, I remember being 12.

If he does it annual then that would be cool I guess

Hej Felix, hur er läget?

This thread is proof enough of how dead this board is.

Have fun with the incoming Pewdiepie fans asking about Nietzsche and other dumb shit. I'm out.

> implying we don’t already have retards asking about Nietzsche

I feel like it got really bad the past three days

How does it ‘ruin’ literature though? So in order for literature to NOT be ruined, it has to stay obscure and untouched by ‘normies’? You can still do what you want, idk how it’s called ‘ruined’. Maybe you’re the faggot one. Maybe, for you, one of the enjoyment in literature is when people can also appreciate what you’re doing. And when people can’t appreciate you anymore, even if you can still do it anytime, you feel like it’s “ruined”. You put too much value in ‘recognition’ and ‘appreciation’, not the whole stuffs that you read themselves.

If you even have to ask this you're part of the problem

> western civilization is dying
Please go back to /pol/

I don't understand these kind of comments. What the fuck are you even on Veeky Forums for? Do you expect to have high tier intellectual discussion on the internet? Join an actual book club. Get a PhD in literature. These are examples of places where people try to have serious conversations about books.
Why are you searching for serious discussion on a korean board which was made to post anime titties in the first place?

What a superficial and ambiguous criticism. In a sense it's the perfect criticism becaise it sounds intelligent, yet doesnt require empirical evidence (in fact no such evidence could exist for such a claim, since it's not even empirical in nature), it can be levied at anyone, it's difficult to refute, it calls into question anything the individual being criticized does or says as "ungenuine", and it simultaneously suggests that the critic is themselves authentic.

That being said - and in fact for those very same reasons - labeling someone's life or behavior as a mere performance is a slippery slope, since it's liavle to cone right back at you. Anyone and everyone is living a life characterized by inauthentic performance. Anyone and everyone is also completely overwhelmed by their utter inability to esacpe their own authenticity and sincerity.

No but it’s just weird how something has to be obscure first, before we can enjoy it. I personally don’t give a shit if more people abuse this activity, because so what, I still get to read anything I want anyway, so Idk why I should care. Except if appreciation and recognition is part of the enjoyment in getting into literature. This whole ‘flight’ thing in hobbies is ridiculous. It just proves how you never belong in this hobby from the first day.

youtube.com/watch?v=TPe8EuWNqHA

buddy he's gonna read whatever he wants to read. yeah he goes on Veeky Forums + a million other internet holes.

his 'dumb tween influencer with quirky malapropisms every 20 seconds' schtick is at least 50% an act. nigga wiped the floor with the Wall Street Journal and made it look easy.

No the problem is that it shifts from shitposting about lit to shitposting about yt celebs manlets soyboys ect and the former material is atleast funny or has effort like a jobless husserl shitpost or that one about stealing a fucking artemis fowl book from barnes and noble

I only read esoteric shit so I don't care.