Main character unironically carries a sword everywhere when guns exist

>main character unironically carries a sword everywhere when guns exist

It serves you right for reading whatever you're reading

That needs context actually. The first guns were really bad and couldn't kill shit until you were really close, which basically made them glorified pointy sticks that you still had to waste time reloading. Now for something that really makes you think

>Main character carries [weapon] everywhere, that he got days ago and never had any training with

>genreshit being genreshit
really makes you think

Bring a knife to a gun fight, desu

Jedi always were kind of autistic in that respect.

For jedi it makes sense, because they can use psychic powers to make their sword move to deflect laser shots back to the gun user.

A musket with a bayonet is still a better melee weapon than a sword in most circumstances.

Haven't you heard? Inside a range of 20 feet a knife is better than a gun.

> muh Tueller drill

What's wrong with Don Quixote?

The book? Nothing.
The character? Persistent Delusion Disorder.

I too remember this episode of Mythbusters

people did that for 400+ years

The point is that in certain settings carrying a sword despite the existence of guns makes sense.

That's the kind of thing people pretending to know history bitch about. The change of technology like that takes time, and guns coming in were better in general but by no means the only useful tool. Plus many of the people who this would apply to also used guns as standard weapons such as samurai, musketeers or people who used sabers from horseback. The concept of the lancer was still implemented in the American Civil War and they had repeating firearms by that point. Heck, many officers could have also been described as "carries a sword everywhere" despite almost never if ever using them.

Now, if it's something like the modern era and some guy just chooses to only use a katana because the writer thinks that's cool, sure, but then it's

Name 20 anime that do this.

Jack Churchill would slap your pansy-ass face.

You gotta embrace the garbage, if you're ever to shake the pretentiousness.

>what is symbolism

As opposed to ironically carrying a sword?

yes

>main character carries a sword everywhere but ironically

Yes . . .
it's so dumb

I carry a sword because my carry permit for a gun was denied and there are no blade laws in my state.

I dont watch much Star Wars, but it would make sense if they carried a sidearm just in case.
It's not like they're packing on a bunch of weight with a single lightsaber.

it's all about symbolism my dude

In my state you don't need a permit to carry a shortsword but you do for a gun. They are just law abiding citizens who don't want they're information in a database.

somebody please shoot this guy

The job of fiction isn't to be realistic

I don't have any brainlet wojaks so I'll just call you a retard.

Care to explain why you think that way?