Why is it so difficult for people to fathom that everything they percieve might be fake...

Why is it so difficult for people to fathom that everything they percieve might be fake? Or not even fake but something they will never find out about

Other urls found in this thread:

onlymypoetictruth.wordpress.com/category/zdzislaw-beksinski/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Because people are taught from a young age to think in absolutes.

Because that's too indiscriminate and general a though to be useful
People want useful thoughts, and rightly so

Because they want to eat.

what does that supposed to mean? irrelevant

>appetites are irrelevant

that would be the case for an animal, people think, all the time actually especially in our times

Because for one, it's non-falsifiable, which almost by definition makes it pointless speculation. A better question would be: what makes it such an engaging concept to you?

fear maybe, something everyone has

>what makes it such an engaging concept to you?
it justifies my faith in God

because it’s wise to not scrap too much. let it be man. if there’s no meaning and the void is void, believe in the lie but especially in the nice lie.

I think you NEED to justify your faith in god in some way, and that you'll do any kind of mental gymnastics in order to do so.

What about deriving faith in god through the "ordering" impulse of life? Or through the divine nature and depth of religious texts? Why have a literal "you can't prove it's not all completely different" argument? At least the former I could respect.

Because we're not actually conscious creatures and your know this

you cant justify it without making false statements in the first place

what are we then fren?

because they don't do drugs lil boy

but you really cant even understand what the lie is

absolutely but don’t resist the lie

Why should anyone care?

>everything they percieve might be fake
My perceptions might be fake, but my mental processes aren't, and that's what matters.

Because the dominant philosophy in the modern age, when it comes to perception, is pragmatism.

Yeah, what we perceive with our senses surely isn't reality itself. However, with the tools we've been given, we are able to survive and prosper in this reality.

If an axium works for us, it works, and it can be considered as true.

>mental processes arent fake
do you mind proving?

/thread

why should anyone not care?

Whats the name of this painting

resisting implies free will, thats what i meant by not understanting the lie

Because if you take away the Life Lie of the average prole, you also take away his will to live.

some Zdzisław Beksiński painting

>implying there is meaning to life

Thanks but thats not it sadly

>implying meaning exists outside of the brain, as a system that is outwardly meaningless but meaningful within/to itself
>implying life being meaningless is a shocking revelation, or that it even has validity as a postulation or goal to begin with
>implying you should care about anything except the state of your brain, being as the state of your brain is your 'everything', specifically, all that underlies the meaning it feels (which is pretty much all of it[the brain] coalescing).

onlymypoetictruth.wordpress.com/category/zdzislaw-beksinski/
wtf man

didnt imply any of that bs, i dont know whats wrong with you

AESTHETICS

the last line is what you implied actually

>implying thoughts, cognition, emotions, consciousness etc. aren't under the influence/direct product of evolutionary processes and aren't just another tool by which structured data avoids entropy

Strange I looked through most of his works on google images and the 707 entries ob wikiart yet this one was never to be found. Thanks once again!

Becuase appearance is a manifestation of construction. If we know the appearnce of something, we can know the construction of it. Hegel btfod Kant on this.