Thoughts?

Thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

arquivopessoa.net/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I found it to be extremely repetitive and boring and largely unaffecting. Every few pages there is a great piece of poetry though.

Couldn't get through the first 50 pages. Might try again another time though, that was a while back and I didn't read as much.

no, not much. mostly feels. relatable i guess, but if you wanna go further you need to look somewhere else.

its good, but couldve been edited down quite a bit and would have been if pessoa had put it together

this stuff is too highbrow and infused with life experience to be read by the teenagers here.

I haven't read it but it looks good

Personally liked it a lot - very relatable, very feelsy as another user noted. I think I liked it better because of his own musings drawing a good bit of similarities from my own. As a piece of literature, though, I think it is still worth a definite read.

The closest anybody has come to the perfect novel.

>life experience
>book is about walking back and forth from an office and a bedroom
If you can prove that you're older than 25 I'll paypal you two dollars for every year of your life

you know it is unfinished and that there are like 3-4 versions of it in portuguese by different editors, right?

I like anime

Exactly.

This is a book that isn't meant to be "read". It has no rational form or structure. It is has nothing to do with newspaper realism. It doesn't have any story to tell. Rather, it's like a dim valley that you're supposed to lie in and breath in its air. It's best to read it very late at night when you are tired and you're not bothered about reading or understanding. You can skip entire paragraphs or pages and it doesn't make any difference at all. It's a sensation and not a thought, and is therefore beyond criticism. In a way, this book is the anti-book. It's about unlearning how to read and learning how to experience your own immediate sensations.

hehe clever m8
if you care enough and know portuguese you can read the unedited lot of the "book" here:

arquivopessoa.net/

>Rather, it's like a dim valley that you're supposed to lie in and breath in its air
whoa

Now that I think about it, it's the perfect stream of consciousness book. It makes Joyce's and Virginia Woolf's efforts look like complete failures in comparison.

ive been reading it on the train desu

bump

certified reddit core

>beyond criticism
What a silly thing to say

Veeky Forums meme'd me pretty hard on this one, good one guys

We don't deserve this book, it shouldn't have been published

I read a couple of pages in it every morning, I got ten pages left now and I'm thinking of starting over when I'm through.

>book is about walking back and forth from an office and a bedroom
>Not understanding the metaphor here
Holy fuck kid, enter the workforce before you decide to post here

'Disquiet' is somehow both a great translation and one which doesn't get anywhere.
From 'O Livro do Desassossego' in the original portuguese we have the word 'Desassossego' which is pretty hard to actually translate. It's something similar to discomfort and restlessness, but with a generally lighter feel to it, 'Sossego' is an extremely colloquial expression to this day. Imagine you had a big sofa but you can't seem to find the right position in it, so every few minutes you readjust yourself, but the nagging feeling that it isn't right just doesn't leave you.

great explanation, thanks user

>tfw you've been working for eight years and have no patience for books about people complaining when nothing is wrong with their lives

"sossego" actually translates pretty well to "comfiness"

the best translation would be "the book of uncomfy" or "the book of discomfy"

>Have no patience for
*Can't comprehend it.

It's a book criticizing the blandness of modern living how, it's not meant to be exciting

woah

Why did he have a sudden breakdown while playing basketball?

sauce?