I have f*****d my life up beyond repair...

I have f*****d my life up beyond repair. The sheer fucking brutal truth of that statement is making my heart race and I feel like just slamming my head against the side of the desk

>graduated college
>found an office job
>only ambition is to write fiction (though I have ideas for non-fiction)
>office job sucked and co-workers thought I was a weirdo
>felt all my instincts telling me to quit
>finally resigned
>mom lives with her partner so couldn't go there
>not close to other relatives
>decided to travel the country and test myself
>have worked maybe 30 different jobs mostly short-term untaxed
>met a whole bunch of people and experienced many highs & lows
>fast forward to two weeks ago
>right now living in a tent on the outskirts of Chattanooga TN
>almost 27
>no skills, no useful work experience
>currently typing this in a public library surrounded by fellow deadbeats and old people
>made a facebook account on the weekend to see what old buddies are up to
>several married, owning a home, car, holding down high-paying jobs and climbing the ladder
>one college friends is doing an MFA and has had a bunch of stories published with an interview and everything
>deleted facebook
>checked my inbox to see if any agents are interested in my novel which I've been pitching since September
>automated rejections or no response
>sitting here right now fucking freaking out
>ripped a hole in my tent on a root and water ruined a bunch of my stuff
>spent last night on a pew in a church with a tiny Disney-themed blanket
>laid there wide-eyed all night in pure fear and panic

What course of action could I possible take to try and salvage this shipwreck of a life? I'm not even willing to read books any more because they just remind me of how stupid I am.

Other urls found in this thread:

yuki.la/k/31230075
yuki.la/k/31191066
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I did NOT mean to type out the course word in that post. I am Sorry.

Fuck off blog poster

Have you watched Jordan Peterson's new video? You can turn your life right around.

B U C K O

Its never been easier to turn your life around than in year 2018. You can create wealth with any idea that takes off and since everybody worships money that is enough to normalize your life.

I would read a novelization of your life. Just make sure the prose is good.

also, this

post your novel here OP it's not like anyone's gonna read it

are you the homeless one in the write whats on your mind thread?

Life goes on whether or not "your life" is a "success" or "failure".
Accept Life and not "life".

Woah. So if we stop eating avocadoes we can all be billionaires?
Write on that maybe, while becoming a billionaire.

What did he mean by this, Veeky Forums?

"Your life" is just a perception. It is not the Life you are living and breathing right now. Saying that "your life" is "fucked beyond repair" is just saying that your perception is "fucked beyond repair" (true). So abandon your perception and embrace the Life you are living. Don't kill Life for the sake of "life" - do the opposite.

Only a handful of people can make an idea that "takes off", this is far from the easiest time to turn your life around. The best time to get rich with no/little skill (and without inheriting wealth), maybe, but there has been times when any Englishman with a fairly healthy body and basic knowledge of farming could find the first boat to america, work on it in order to get there and literally just take some empty land and make themselves a farm.

Tell me what you want out of life and I'll tell you what course of action you need to take to attain it.

Here cometh Mephistopheles

this but unironically

You can become a criminal and write you life story if you are not dead at 40

Join a Buddhist monastery.

Fear not my friend. You're living the true Veeky Forums lifestyle. If you survive, you will have much to tell us.

how hard is it to do this

Is this the literary lifestyle?

Not really. Learn to prepare some food specialty that restaurants need and dont want to make themselves and sell it to them. If you have even a modicum of a work ethic you should earn enough to make a living. Its never been easier any skill you need is available to learn online through ample free sources. Of course you will need to focus on actually making things that people need instead of hoping you'll make a living on your retarded novel with no demand to it.

did you like pt2

Write a novella about your 20s. It starts with a man sleeping in a church with a Disney-themed blanket crying and angry because he feels the he missed "the dream."

I know it will come off as a cliche, but a lot of boring, stable career people long for a life of poverty and adventure. I envy the life you've lived so far and do so from the comfort of my condo. Nothing is intrinsically joyful for me except writing and I hardly ever do it.

Everyone's saying "write about it years down the line when you have saved yourself" which is an ok idea, but you need advice on how to get yourself back on two feet. Here's my advice:

>think long and hard about what you like
>while you're homeless go to the library every day and READ and research about what you truly like and are interested in, especially if it's a new subject to you
>now, take what you are interested in, and fuigure ouyt some kind of job you would like to have within the bounds of those things you enjoy
>write down jobs you might take even though you won't enjoy them, just to make money and keep yourself afloat: construction, food service, cashier, anything. To live in this society you need a job, to make money.
>if you wanna check out of society, feel free to do so, become a buddhist monk, a crimal, steal a van and live in it traveling the country. Whatever.
>In any case, you will need drive and discipline, hardiness and strength, cleverness and humbleness and that's why I REALLY stress thinking about what you enjoy. What makes your heart sing. DO THAT THING. You just might need to take some shit temp jobs on the way to reaching your dream.

So yes, listen to jordan peterson. Listen to Alan Watts, he helped me through some dark times. You have to tecah yourself to persevere and persist, and work hard, it will com naturally after a while but youy need to enforce good habits.

Good luck mang.

Just make chapters out of your life. deleting your facebook is a nice moment and the ripped tent hole is funny as hell

Not one myself, but I work in an office building full of chattering class UK and US lawyers, all making 200-500k salaries.
Those fuckers are the least free bastards I've ever met. One step outside the norm and they're ostracized. In at 7.00, leave at 21.00. If they take a holiday it has to be one to impress colleagues, not one yhey want.
You are still master of yourself.

No that's me.

>acquire typewriter
>acquire folding table+chair
>make "FREE POEMS" sign
>go to a place with lots of pedestrian traffic
>???

>acquire typewriter
>acquire folding table+chair
>make "FREE POEMS" sign
>go to a place with lots of pedestrian traffic
>???
>acquire currency

I'll be where you are soon, user. I look forward to making threads just like this in a couple of years.

JUST
you have a degree, you should be able to get a job

This I do not understand. Why not just be miserable and stay on the job even though the place sucks? You must have some kind of ability of foresight and see the worst possible outcome(not that you are there yet).Now you live in a TENT. Like why?

You are seriously deluded. There is no point in modern history wherein making money has ever been more dependent upon credentials, skills, background, job history, references, and verifiable experience. The information age means that employers have instant access to the most productive and proven candidates imaginable and the unprecedented ability to deny anybody who fails to meet their criteria. Can't compete? Too bad, because we can find somebody else who can in seconds.

>Why not just be miserable

Well, now he is miserable, no income and no home.

Is this satire? You're more fortunate than millions of people.

>graduated college
Once you've done this, you have so many opportunities, it's not even funny. Work at a public library. In California, they subsidize your Masters in Library Science while you work at a govt. library. You do menial work in a quiet place surrounded by books, free to your thoughts, while you get a insanely easy degree.

Ask your mother to co-sign a lease, with the caveat that you will be responsible for any financial hiccups. Become a librarian, find a steady teat from which you can suckle. It's not like McDonalds, where the job kills any creative ability you might have through exhaustion. See if you can launch yourself up; if you make in-roads with small publishers while at a library, so much the better. Read and write in your spare time. Honestly, forget about any sort of romance until you find your path.

Write non-fiction until you can support yourself with fiction. Write to philosophy journals that ask for submissions. Hell, write kids' books. Write potboilers so you can get to where you want to be, while still exercising your creative muscles.

>I'm not even willing to read books any more because they just remind me of how stupid I am.
You need to get over this sentiment.

Join military.

So it all turned out okay

Yes, but he attempted to find a way out of his misery instead of just accepting it like a coward (you)

>muh credentials

Create or do something that will make more money for other people.

This is a very sobering post because I'm almost 27, live near Chattanooga, and my life is fucked up too, although arguably it's not my fault (or so I tell myself).

Get some decent clothes and get a chain retail job. Trust me you can get a night stocking job if you live in a big city, or a cashier job, because you arent a felon or a drooling nitwit. Save up some money and use that to get either a room or a van and live in the van. Then you can either save up more and go into trades school, apply like mad and try and get another office job, or work your way up in the retail chain until you're somewhere good like Cotsco.

You are in America. Take solace in knowing you will not starve. Next, stop comparing yourself to average faggots. You're taking the road less traveled, you're having experiences those normies tell themselves they would love to have if they could only tear themselves away from Netflix and Amazon.

Just take a deep breath. You are 26, and that's still very young. I was 26 when I enlisted in the Army, and I fucking excelled because I was hungry for stability and success like you are. Consider that option, or Marines, and not any of the other branches. No matter what, you are still learning and growing and you aren't numb to living yet.

t. also shopping for a new career, preferably out west, but with a solid resume and years of good experience

also read these. this guy is just some average /k/ user. write your story before you're through.

yuki.la/k/31230075
yuki.la/k/31191066

You're probably at Northgate Mall. I remember there used to be a guy living in a tent outside Northgate Mall, but they built a parking lot on his old spot. He probably used the library there just like you. You gonna be okay user?

In all seriousness, try to get a job where you sit and do nothing all day. Security guard, librarian, something. This way you have stable income and you can read/write during the day. Hopefully you have enough to afford a place to stay, otherwise see if you can live with a friend for cheap. Then just keep hammering away at your writing, if it is truly the only ambition you have and only thing you live for.

If you truly want love and a family pursue that too, but if you just feel bad about not having them because people you went to school with have a car/house/wife then that's just insecurity so disregard that - you're more infatuated by the idea of stability and the facade of happiness than about the car and the house and the wife. I can confirm that the grass is greener from the other side. I've been a cubicle worker with job security and a normal relationship. I'd wake up every day, neurotically check social media, kiss my gf, get in my shiny leased car and work in my cubicle as my soul died, and I longed for some circumstance where I can just run away and write. I've adjusted my life to write more but your current life is a dream of millions of people and you don't even realize it.

You're battle hardened and if you really bust your ass in pursuit of your true passions then you're my hero.

>In California, they subsidize your Masters in Library Science while you work at a govt. library. You do menial work in a quiet place surrounded by books, free to your thoughts, while you get a insanely easy degree.

link?

I used to work at a public library in California, so I saw it as an internal memorandum. If you are halfway competent, you can get a good job in an academic library with good pay — enough to raise a family, if you're smart. It is a good alternative to more egregious wageslavery if you're introverted.

I work at an academic library (part-time) at a university in Chattanooga's orbit. Before this, I was homeless in the West Coast and in NYC. You need to shed a few final layers of pride and delusion, but it sounds like you have grit — cheesy as it sounds, grit will get you far in life.

Also, I have no personal experience, but I imagine that there is much truth to what this user is saying. Consider the military (but why not the chair force?).

This. OP, listen to this guy

this is laughably wrong. your idea needs to be selected for funding by the jewish overlords.

back in the day you could ambulate into any small town, homestead, and become a bona fide member of the community.

>graduated college
You're set.

You're totally fucking fine, calm down. You're not going to die.

If you feel envy at your facebook friends, ask yourself what it is exactly you're jealous of. The stability? The material wealth? If you're not jealous of anything then what the fuck is the worry?

Social media is just toxic as fuck anyways. Everybody shows their best sides on facebook. Nobody ever shows the inseparable dark side of life.

If you really have nowhere left to go and need stability, join the army. Free meals, free shelter, and that fat, juicy GI bill to help finance any education you might want to enroll in the future. If you don't like that idea then maybe go to a trade school or community college to learn a trade. Until you get really famous and have publishers begging for your work, you're gonna have to do some sort of job to keep afloat, just make sure it's at least challenging mentally.

Trust me, you've lived far more in your few years of travel than any of those people on FB have in their entire lives. You said it yourself, worked a ton of jobs and met a whole bunch of people and experienced many highs & lows. That's something you can treasure forever, those memories, be glad you have them and don't feel bad.

>this is laughably wrong. your idea needs to be selected for funding by the jewish overlords.

Not really. Just start doing something that people need. That will net you a small profit. When you make enough money to open a business, then you do that. Anyone with IQ>90 and a decent work ethic can do this.

She looks so lovely and warm, I am imagining her sucking me off while the red maple leaves twirl in the crisp autumn breeze with an oven mitt on her hand, an oven mitt because she is baking a pie and she doesn't flinch when I fondle her breast underneath her turtle neck. She steadily wolfs down my cock and slurps down my jizz with satisfaction and then the door rings; we're having guests over.

I notice sum cum that reached the corner of her mouth and joke to her that the guests would see it, and she only winks back, leaving it right where it is... "Susan, dear, so good to see you." I know she always kisses Kathy on the cheek for that faux European greeting these women do... I guess I should go out and shake hands with Bill?

Anyone who tries to be a "writer" in 2018 is low IQ.

Did you go to Oxbridge or NYU or the ivy league? Then what the fuck are you thinking?

You shouldn't be a writer as a profession, that's for sure

There's salable writing and there's good writing, just like in any other field. Being a broke top-tier writer isn't exclusive to our times.

You might enjoy the writings of Richard Brautigan

You could do a lot worse. I’m basically you at the same age with a nice bonus of health problems. Vision problems for the last few years that can’t be fixed with glasses or LASIK. Have full blown tinnitus with hearing loss. Daily headaches that never go away. Brain fog making it hard to concentrate along with memory issues. Not exactly life threatening but quality of life is piss poor and only getting worse.

To be fair, rick and mort

>he thinks the market actually selects for intelligence
>he thinks high iq people have dead end lives like this
>he thinks that aleatory ruin doesn’t devestate most businesses
>dude just do what’s profitable like being retarded on camera or being a whore or stealing from people with fake services and products that do nothing or doing a job like web design or coding which requires exceptional iq to self teach and a college degree to live off of
someone some day should sim all capitalist evangelist’s consciousnesses at once cumming hot lava into each other’s faces

Relax. You're not in nearly such a bad position as you think.

Are you addicted to any drugs?
Doesn't sound like it.

Do you have any terrible illnesses or disabilities? Doesn't sound like it

Do you have crippling debts?
Doesn't sound like it

Are you trapped in some awful relationship you can't get out off?
Doesn't sound like it.

You just need to face up to the fact that it's hard to earn a living as a writer, and even if you can make it eventually (which you might well be able to do) it will take time and you need to earn a living WHILE you break into the business.

Almost every writer says this and has had to do it.

Most writers have to write a long time before they get something accepted and published.

And even then, they often have to wait for the second or third novel to be published before they can "give up the day job".

Try reading John Gardner's On Becoming A Novelist. He has a lot of good practical advice about how to earn a living whilst you become a writer - jobs that give you time to write, grants available, etc.

You sound like me 10 years ago. The desire to be able to sustain a LTR drove me back to school for a more marketable degree. I continued living in a tent while studying and availed myself to every student gib there was. Now I have a job in my field and can support myself, my wife, and our three children. My job is not "creative", but I've been hardened enough to the realities of life that I can take it. And I'm still young enough to fancy that my magnum opus is yet to be conceived of and delivered. I started climbing the ladder late and realize now what that's cost me in lifetime earnings; but I am sustained by a secret smugness at my comparative life experience---the kind my coworkers can only find in books.

Stop comparing yourself to other people

Join FFL.

get a trade obviously

The only logical path from here is to convince yourself that this is actually better than the alternatives. Try daoism.

Now this is good writing. Link me your short story collection, user.

I was kind of like you at age 26
>working fast food
>shitty arts degree
>girl I loved didn't love me back
>said fuck it
>cashed up
>traveled the world
>worked various jobs
>met some cool people
>was still a quiet loser
>somehow lost my virginity
>came back to $4000 of credit card debt
>had to move back in with parents
>applied to shit loads of jobs
>many rejections
>get really good job
>move out
>get my own apartment
>get girlfriend
>regular sex
>going hard at the gym
>nice body

But you know what? I'm still fucking unhappy. Nothing changes, OP, it doesn't get better. Adulthood is a state of decay (trying to capture the nostalgia of childhood) until you die.

>one college friends is doing an MFA and has had a bunch of stories published with an interview and everything

the history of literature should be enough to tell you that this means fuck all honestly

Not in 2018. I'd say a good 75% of contemporary debut writers have an MA / MFA in creative writing.

mow some lawns if you don't have any better ideas right now. you're too defeatist though, I can tell you haven't spent any time yet thinking about how to make money, you're just upset it's not falling from the sky. you should probably change your attitude first.