How to Win Friends and Influence People

I'm an hour into the audio book. It's ok, but I can't believe there are 6 more hours to go. What's Veeky Forums's view on this book/is it worth it?

Other urls found in this thread:

librivox.org/the-majesty-of-calmness-by-william-george-jordan/
gutenberg.org/ebooks/6911
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>audiobook

There isn't anything life changing about it, but still most of the things aren't as obvious. But still it's pretty boring there isn't any of style or personality in the writing, maybe that makes it great as a self help book for the general audience but still.

>but still

I didn't noticed it.

it should be called "how to not be autistic" but then it wouldn't have sold as many copies, every mong and sperg on this site shud read it

I've started exercising at home and figured it would be productive to listen to advice regarding social health while improving physical health.
So far the book has given me things to think about, but nothing radical. I'm interested in continuing though.

Get a gym membership if you want to he social

u know wuts good and its short as shit is "as a man thinketh" the tl;dr is basically if ur life is shitty it's a reflection of your shitty thought process, so on the surface it's just "think positive and something gud is gonna happen" but really subconsciously it shames u into working hard to ur goals cuz u realize everyone can see what a fuckup u are so get it together before u look like more a idiot

depending on the person, it's either going to come off as a lot of basic, obvious treatises on how to treat people, or it'll blow your mind by suggesting "maybe being nice to people and remembering their names is a good way to get in close to them."

Just b urself

Thank you. I enjoyed "As a Man Thinketh" a few years ago, but I probably should revisit it. Around that time I also enjoyed "The Art of War" and "The Majesty of Calmness." I feel like they all complimented each other quite well. If you enjoyed "Thinketh," I would highly recommend "The Majesty of Calmness" by William George Jordan. I recommend that to anyone, really. It changed my way of thinking in so many small ways that it's had a significant impact on my life. I gave a copy as a gift to my boyfriend but he has never read it. I feel like it's a an incredible text that should be read/listened to by everyone at least once. More valuable than many of the classics we're forced to read in school.
Audio book for anyone interested:
librivox.org/the-majesty-of-calmness-by-william-george-jordan/
eBooks of the same:
gutenberg.org/ebooks/6911

I don't want to spend $330 and I need to work up basic strength with body weight before I jump onto machines. I'm going to school to work in physical therapy, I have an array of knowledge and simple non-machine home equipment at my disposal. The issue for me is dedication. I've looked forward to continuing "How to Win Friends" the last couple of days which has helped me to stay committed to exercising.

>The Majesty of Calmness

thx will cop

I read this not too long ago and was amazed by how simple minded and obvious all of it's points were. The fact that people "learned" something from this book scares me and reduced my faith in humanity.

Butt steel?

That's cool user. I'm genuinely interested user, what do you think of it so far user?

lol
I've gone a bit further, and yeah, it seems like this is all shit that you'd already be doing if you were a decent person/not completely socially retarded. It almost sounds like he'd encouraging you to be a doormat, never to criticize or correct others but readily throw up your own mistakes and faults to make others feel better about themselves. I do that shit already and it's not healthy nor is it getting me ahead.
I also recognize that I've completed but a fraction of the book, so I'm hoping it gets "better" as I continue.

What are some good self help books beside '7 Habits of Highly Effective People' anons can recommend? I don't want to get JP's 12 Rules for Life either.

The Lost Art of Listening

I'am reading about it right now and it looks interesting, I've never of this book before (no bully pls), it seams to me it gets overshadowed by Dale Carnegie and other titans of self help. Thank you, user. I really appreciate your assistance and I'd like to thank other anons if they respond in the future for brevity's sake. Thank you, once more. Have a good one.

If you take exercising serious than don't do anything else. If you're just on a stepper nevermind.

It's literally just common sense, smile, talk about the others interests, compliment them blah blah. Read a summary online that takes 5mins and spend the rest of your time reading a better book

Thank you. It's a very good book, on a subject that isn't given a lot of attention. It was very helpful for me.

do you listen to music or do you work out in silence? are you encouraging mindfulness or something?

This thread is making me want to dump the book.