What does Veeky Forums think of Micheal Gira's new book?

What does Veeky Forums think of Micheal Gira's new book?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vrBjV5axUl0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

looks like a fanny

has it been released?

Yep, $25 and 40 pages long

fuck that

Was going to order it but international shipping is 23 dollars. Would be neat though.

will someone please put this man in contact with a web designer

Just bought it
It was 48$ for a 40page book so i kinda want to kill myself but i am a big swans fan and i guess my justification is that its a signed copy with a cd + its limited to 2500 copies

>Reading
That's pretty gay, my nigga.

I have the opportunity to pick this up at a concert of his. Should I ? I liked the consumer...

Seems more like a collector's item than an actual book desu

No matter what fans say Gira is a pedestrian lyricist. His main gift is surrounding himself with talented people.

>Gira is a pedestrian lyricist
YOUR NAME IS FUCK

Compare this to the average Swans album, which is $10 and two hours long.

Looks like Gira finally got a head for figures.

Hi there, Jarboe!

I'll wait for the inevitable pdf scan. Or the paperback, even

Daily reminder not to support rapists

It's for sure art con bullshit like everything else he's produced.

If it's anything like The Consumer it'll be mediocre "transgressive" fiction recycling his lyrical tropes into prose.

His alleged rape doesn't upset me as much as the last three Swans albums.

The Consumer was pretty bad, not sure if I should care about this

I'm surprised to hear this. While The Consumer isn't a masterclass in prose writing by any stretch, it does contain some inventively ugly images. Not to mention it's an impressively, authentically self-loathing piece of work.

He's a minimalist with decadent ambitions. He's at his worst when he's trying to be lyrical. But he has written a lot of good songs. His solo stuff in interesting for his type of minimalist lyrics.

I wonder what you'd say about Current 93

youtube.com/watch?v=vrBjV5axUl0

All The Pretty Horses is amazing for the sheer fact that it was likely the only time in history that the voices of both Nick Cave and Thomas Ligotti appeared on an album.

I think Michael Gira has some kind of brain damage

Why?

>still thinking rape is bad
What are you a fucking feminazi? Don't you remember Gamergate?

Spoken like a real manjew

Bought a copy. I really don’t mind paying the premium price since he makes them all by hand and it’s how he raises funds his various music projects. Looking forward to the next SWANS release.

He started doing acid way too early, so it wouldn't be surprising.

Didn’t he say that he spent most of his teenage years taking acid and other drugs?

he’s also a ex meth user

Didn't know he had a new book. 40 pages for 25 buckaroos seems steep though. Tempted to get it if he signs it (he seems to sign everything he sells through his website).

Yes, he even spent time in an Israeli prison for selling weed.

He’s stated that all the solo stuff is to pay for the production of the new SWANS releases as well; it’s great to see artists do it this way instead of new norm of pathetic patreon and Kickstarter begging.

I liked the consumer...

That egg looks like my asshole.

>I wonder what you'd say about Current 93
I like their occult angle much more than Swans' superficial obsession with human ugliness. David Tibet is a more talented vocalist than Gira as well

Hey

I thought he was in prison for smuggling drugs.

When he was 15/16 he spent 5 months in an israeli adult jail for selling hash.

Great more indulgent boomer garbage

Pretty sure he claimed he fried for an entire year

you're a fanny

Shitty bait. Michael denies raping Larkin, both Michael's wife and ex-wife have said Larkin is a manipulative liar, every member of Swans has stood by Michael's side, and Larkin acts like an emotionally unstable trainwreck. I'm 99.9% sure that Michael didn't rape Larkin.

you wish

the allegations bothered me at first but honestly whether it's true or not, I love his/their music so much that I can separate the art and artist in this situation.

I would have bought it but I'm a broke boy

plus I gotta make sure I have money for the vinyl SFTB reissue

The allegations are pure bullshit, my man. Don't worry.

yeah, probably...I own TBK on vinyl and CD, Filth on vinyl, and also Deliquescence on CD.

I want the SFTB vinyl sooooooo bad. I'm really frustrated I wasn't able to get The Great Annihilator.