Could someone give me a quick rundown on this guy?

Could someone give me a quick rundown on this guy?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=aa2umu1vILI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

His first and last novels were his best.

he got dildoed by his wife.

Solid writer. Easy enough for anyone to understand and interpret as the themes are pretty much spelled out and pounded into you repeatedly for the duration of each novel. Big enough character to be a household name which, obviously, attracts a lot of teenagers trying to look smart. Overall he's good, at times great, and perhaps the most accessible classic novelist. I'd go so far as to say reading at least one of his greatest novels is required to have a firm understanding if literature (if that's a goal of yours). Just don't expect anything challenging or philosophically dense.

wrote boring stories really well

by that I mean The sun also rises and the old man and the sea.

He was great as Higgins on Magnum, P.I.

read the short stories that look interesting and the sun also rises thats it. easy and one of the first good writers people read.

youtube.com/watch?v=aa2umu1vILI

He is remembered for his style, which is commonly called muscular, terse, and strong. He wrote characters that exemplified similar values, so Hemm is often used as a gateway to more challenging literature. Though Veeky Forums typically likes to shit on him, his short stories are frequently genius, as are several if his novels. His memoir about Paris is very enjoyable.

The value that is often associated with his characters is Grace under pressure. The best characters are those who can look death in the face and still act with courage and authenticity.

He's great and well worth a read, even though he's not Joyce or Tolstoy.

For Whom The Bell Tolls = The Old Man and the Sea > Farewell to Arms > The Sun Also Rises

>easy read
>all these clowns who failed to perceive the submerged bulk of the iceberg

>misspelling his own name
aahahahahaahaha how earnest of him

All of them. All of them did it.

smole pener

This but don't read any of his stuff because it's dull and stupid.

That's my suicide weapon of choice

booze, death, & pegging

Is that John Cleese?

This but unironically

Life is too short to waste time on Hemingway

One of my favorite authors growing up. Shaped a lot of what I believe in with his Stoic masculine prose. I recommend reading 'Papa Hemingway' by Hotchner for a view of his life.

I wish people would put names in the images they post. Instead of reverse image searching I'll just move to another thread.

Nabokov called both Hemingway and Conrad as writers for boys, but that Hemingway was the better of the two.