Post your novel ideas. It's not like they're going anywhere

Post your novel ideas. It's not like they're going anywhere.

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/htx8ZzPr
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Erotic novel starring a nine month pregnant Anne Frank

pastebin.com/htx8ZzPr

There's a black single father in the ghetto trying to provide for his son, but then he enters a relationship with a gay anthropomorphic lion.

a guy tries to live his dream of becoming a chef before he can succumb to impending insanity, but his coworkers are as crazy as he is, and his hallucinations keep leading back to the story of his conception, a horde of zombies in the subway tunnels and a watching presence known as the Ithaqu

Meanwhile a cowardly girl tries to abandon her hopeless dream of becoming a superhero but her first and last foray into heroism have attracted the eye of the father she had to be rescued from

Elsewhere an autistic boy is coaxed by his morbidly obese mother into bringing bringing people over "for dinner", but when she turns her eyes on the closest thing he's ever had to friends he's forced to overcome his submission

my novel is about a moving train.

hah!

is it the rape train running on your ass

>black single father in the ghetto
>black
>father

no my dear

it is your train of thought, moving ever towards nothing of any particular importance

wait until you realize this is a compliment

John Lennon except he's a secret agent

I fucking hate this image. What the fuck is that thing? I hate it.

Playground of the World's Desire: a spiritual sequel to Animal Farm, except it's set in a daycare center and the allegory is about the decline and fall of the Byzantine Empire.

A failed bachelor teachers a girls' hockey team and gives life advice to them on the side, but is quickly tried after being caught for peering into a hole directly in the wall of their change room he'd discovered one day after a rough day.

It's a bear

lit is it better to delineate your story in abstract and then write it again in a proper theme doing some research without trying to make abstract sentences in the first draft and avoiding ideas in the second? why does no one craft like this... am I just autistic for needing to

Its the traditional YA formula of "le edgy world doesnt understna dme" teenager in the body of a 25yo NEET, who starts his inevitable journey of redemption with thot orbiter in tow. 3/4 through the book he is almost at the "yay im a good person now" point and is getting his life back on track, but then remembers how cosy the NEET life is, and goes back to it. And its like scifi or something.

i wake up and its dark and silent not quiet but dissonant silence, i get up and walk to the bathroom for no real reason theres a small light in the hallway between and its cold in the bathroom then i avoid the mirror... why did i... oh i wash my hands and walk back into the hallway, then open the door to my room letting a slice of light enough to illuminate the way--then a form on my bed there is someone on my bed how did they get there without noise i see the face
and slam the door causes an abrupt cry from the room i turn to leave ohhh but that voice and that face-- they were mine they were mine it was me!

>an anthology story where a mysterious trickster god spreads his power to five random people

>each chapter will be about how the power affects each individual

>one person will be an elderly farmer, one person a teen girl, one person an Indian beggar, etc

That's the 45th president of the United States of America, Hillary Clinton

A man living in isolation breaks his spine and is eaten alive by his pet cat

Love it, but what kind of powers?

Resistance to disease, maybe ability to control the elements, psychic abilities? I'm still trying to plan that part out, honestly.

Post your funny derpy animals folder. It's not like this thread is going anywhere.

A tapir, I think.

Sounds interesting. How do they connect?

"Chronicles of Narnia" mixed with "Moonlight"?

Its a post-modern novella where the plot revolves around the life of hitler played in reverse, where the entire story is structured around trying to make the reader understnad why Hitler did what he did, and to evoke compassion towards him. However, it does not end at Hitler's birth, because it is then revealed at the end that its actually the life of a /pol/ schizo passing before his eyes as he's dying.

Dragons arguing

Title: Super Agent Orange USA 97

It’s like Nazi hunting, but instead of Jews hunting down exiled Nazis it’s a Vietnamese-American father/daughter duo tracking down and killing Americans who were officers during the Vietnam War. The father is middle aged and out of shape, but he works for the government as a state attorney and has access to records. The daughter is a college gymnast who uses weapons based on Vietnamese foods (fish sauce balloons, sriracha guns) to incapacitate her targets. She fights as a costumed vigilante named Agent Orange. Their plan culminates in a plot to attack a Veteran’s Day parade.

It’s pulp fiction on the surface but in the style of a sprawling Pynchon-esque exploration of the acceptability of violence, framed by student demonstrations about the ethics of hurting neo-Nazis.

An engineering student who does student television on the side wakes up the morning of a shoot with bad laryngitis. He’s hoarse as fuck and has a full day of acting and directing ahead of him. He shows up to the set, where he and his co-producer decide to adlib some lines referencing the weird voice and roll with it. He asks one of the associate producers if she can get him a bunch of decaf green teas. She’s not happy about being reduced to the role of beverage-fetcher, especially given the gender dynamic, which is made worse by the fact that the two of them have an icy relationship because the MC implied she was racist. But the MC assures her that he needs it for the performance and the shoot won’t be productive if he can’t play the part. She begrudgingly agrees and comes back with nine green teas. Because she was barely listening to him and mostly pissed off about having to get the teas in the first place, she neglects to ask for decaf, which is important because the main character is bipolar and caffeine can trigger mania. Over the course of the half-day shoot, the MC drinks nine fully caffeinated green teas, which triggers a manic episode. The novel covers the next four days, in which the manic MC gets into a lot of trouble, interacts with a lot of people, and gets very little sleep.

Would sound like a half-decent parody except for the fact the overwhelming majority of Vietnamese-Americans are ardent shills for South Vietnam and by extension, America.

A boy explores the wilderness and some supernatural things occur

ehhhhhhhs'gangster

Not my family

Tapirs are such a disgustingly funny creature. Proof that god at least had a sense of humour.

would read the shit out of it

Are your family North Vietnamese/Vietcong?

Terrible

i like it desu :)

all 3 of these are bad, stop getting your ideas from other media faggot

La creatura.

It's a tapir

its pasta dumb nigger

Nah they’re just edgelord refugees

No, it's a tapir

This looks fun, I'm stealing it

This plot seems convoluted, but I promise it's going somewhere meaningful.
Set in Texas in the 1930s. A man named Vincent comes into a shitty town looking for his brother who runs a hardware store. He's looking for an easy handout. His older brother, Leonard, knows he's lousy and useless so he berates him and throws him out into the cold. His older brother is prescribed laudanum for his PTSD he suffers after fighting in Verdun as an expat volunteer. Later on in the day, the conflict between the elder brother and the local organized crime is revealed as he nearly beats to death one of their soldiers during an attempted shakedown. Older brother's 16 year old daughter befriends the younger brother, she brings him food and keeps him company. She eventually gets addicted to his laudanum and dies of an overdose while she is with the younger brother. The younger brother is immediately thrown in prison and protected from lynchings by the local gangs because of their adversarial relationship with his older brother. The case goes to trial. It does not look good for Vincent as there is overwhelming material evidence implicating him in the murder. He accepts his fate and realizes that he no longer fears death, as life for him has only been failure and pain. However, this is not his fate, as the Organized Crime syndicate paid off the jury. He is a free man and finds the family he was looking for his whole life in the crime family. One day he is sent to his brother's hardware store, not looking to beg, but to reverse the power dynamic between him and his older brother that has tormented him his whole life. Much to his surprise, he finds his brother physically and mentally broken. He confesses he felt that he died in the trenches of Verdun, and that he knew deep down that the laudanum was what killed his daughter, but that rage chewed him up and spit him out. During this whole monologue Leonard has a gun to his head. He uses these last moments to apologize to Vincent, that he wished he wasn't so hard on him as a kid, and that he had always loved him. Vincent eventually talks him down and gets him to relinquish the gun. The ending of the novel is Leonard and Vincent sharing some kind of touching childhood memory that I haven't yet decided on. If anyone has any ideas about what this touching childhood memory should be please let me know.

>he focuses on creating plot ideas for his story before establishing central themes

You can take your central themes and shove them up ye arse

Every writer does things their own way. There is no right way, there is only your way. Whether or not "your way" has terrible outcomes is a wholly different matter.

I like it user

A novel set during 'the terror' of the french revolution. The main character is a christian priest who is caught witnessing the break down of society and the cultish fever which spread throughout Paris: the bizarre rituals and adoration of nature, the simultaneously revolting and ecstatic spectacle of public execution, the depravities of the clubs and theaters in the palais royale, the normalization and sanctification of the violence and extreme emotion, and how easily the moral order can be turned on it's head. almost a thriller/horror.

a man walks into a bar...

wtf why did mods delete my post?

pastebin.com/htx8ZzPr

Sounds like that chapter in The Windup Bird Chronicle.

A series of interlinked short stories about the London property market. One is about a guy who lives on a boat, another is a homeless bum, another is a NEET living with his parents.

56k words now.

A meteor visible to the naked eye, but undetectable by instruments, approaches earth and serves as the backdrop for the discovery of a secret utility highway built in the 1950s and abandoned shortly thereafter. The driver and her employer travel the unmapped highway, visiting unmapped towns that are still stuck in the '50s, but them driving the highway to completion renders it mundane.
Meanwhile, the meteor lands, and it's a cosmically ascended Laika who takes out her vengeance on humanity for shooting her into space.

This looks fun, user. Do let us know when it's finished, please~

In a future where the only important thing is social relevance people do their best to keep their individuality. It is hard to do so because with everything being recorded and photographed there are constant examples of things being show or taught. Most work is automated.

So if people are not rich and can't afford to get history altered or 'personality competitors' dealt with (forced out of the social group by spreading lies and manipulating) they have to murder the people who show traits similar to theirs for fear of having their personality traits labled as not theirs and stolen from some other source.

It is a story of someone who finds out thst they actually love murder.

K

I was going to say "rap already exists" but then saw the part about the lion.

>Her
well, you will probably get published

I plan on using a female pseudonym. Something like Lakeisha Cooley.

I love this

The story is told in a diary format
The writer being a paranoid teenager who believes various people living in his neighbourhood are actually monsters

21,309 words of the second draft done.
That's 8 'chapters'. 27 to go.

Extrapolating from that it looks like the finished thing will be ~92,000 words but I want to aim for less than that, maybe some things will need to be cut.

57k words now.

Literary fiction is dead

It's basically "The Hunt for Red October" meets "Goodbye Columbus"

It always sounds gay when you say it.

I would read this

A collection of short stories each written under a pen name that is thematically intertwined with the story. Some ideas include "Crossing of the Chiasma: a biological Exodus", a description of an asteroid on a hyperbolic trajectory out of our solar system, a third person narrative of java program caught in an Alderson loop, transcription of a seminar for the religion of Napoleon, etc.

please,please stop these ideas before you start them. They are a waste of everyone's time

Epic poem about a young man traveling to her lover, his heart bursting with inspiration and revolutionary fervor. On his way he mostly observes architecture and dreams of his love. His love is mostly fulfilled and overshadows his anxiety. Then more descriptions of beautiful jugend-architecture and his journey to overcome today's alienation trough aesthetic experience. This all set ten years into the future to highlight the future shock that is large part of our post-modern alienation.

Fantasy story on an endless city with portals everywhere, with 3 plot-threads, one being a dead law-keeper that became fantasy robocop trying to solve her murder, a fire-creature shaman journeying to carry the memories of an adopted tribe to an afterlife, and two working class schlubs trying not to fucking die when they found a kid that has magic powers that can upend the entire economy of the land.

Still sticking to my book about a guy that fucks THICC women. I actually wrote a couple more entries. It's literally just a series of sex scenes, divided by conversations without any real plot. Each of his partners is disconnected and in no particular order. Each girl is described as large breasts, voluptuous, womanly, and plump. Sometimes things work out for the protagonist in a positive way, sometimes they're bad. But the women are always chubby and down to fuck.

>First scene, a scene where he fucks a woman while focusing on her giant ass before releasing, bareback inside of her
>Next he's having dinner with a woman that calls him a chubby chaser and he has an internal monologue about the connotations of such a title
>Next he's getting sucked off by a thick teen and he releases onto her chest
>He's young and he's on a date with his first girl with curves
>He's sucking fiercely on a pair of giant tits as he violently thrusts like an animal into a fat redhead
>He's discussing the racial politics of dating fat girls and competing with black dudes for girls with big butts
>Etc
>Etc

I'm mad at the world but instead of writing a manifesto I want to write Notes from Underground for the 21st century

So, Eerie Indiana?

A man goes insane as in his rib cake deamons ,from the Orphan planet, talk to him through his bones. the divine beings use a unknown force to push him down as if the want him to listen to the echos of the Orphan planet.THE THRUTH.
At the end he dies of hunger and in his bones he has protruding dim purple crystals whitch seem to follow something.
I don't know if this will be a novel,it won't pretty sure,a short story well that's possible.

What would the title of this Chuck Tingle novel be?

Go onnnn.

You could make this interesting, but it would probably just come off as your fetish writing.

>Post your novel ideas
No such thing, everything has already been done.

>fetish writing.
>interesting
>implying it can't be both

Not true

Writing a collection of Sci Fi short stories and Novellas similar to Isaac Asimov's Robot books but with more diverse topics.

Another day another ~1000 words.
Was more of a struggle today than it has been the last week. I hit my daily goal but still feel like I've not done enough. I'm weirdly uncomfortable in my own skin right now.

sounds good
I've had before the idea of a misterious powerful god that grants powers to random people too, I hope you develop more this concept, it is pretty good!

i like it a lot

a saga of books that corresponds to the color spectrum. the first book takes on a western feel, playing on its genre conventions and twisting them. then the later books will carry the same feel but broadening them with possible other genres to play with. SciFi/Fantasy stuff.

>There's this planet that is on a course to collide with earth
>At first, astronomers don't understand it's origin, so one scientist names it after his daughter
>Scientists discover that it's headed straight for us, then suggest that we only have X amount of time before it hits us
>In the mounting chaos before it arrives, people attack the scientists daughter for sharing a name with the planet
>When the planet arrives, it is actually a living space orb and an eldritch horror
>Our only hope is to send a rocket to the surface and see if there's something on it's surface we can use to survive.

I’m planning on writing a novel that takes place in the future just after a robot uprising where robots and human beings are in a war. And the main character is the daughter of a very important war general and she gets abducted and taken to the king of the robots to be used as a sex slave, which the robot king claims is making a point about the way that robots have been enslaved/abused for decades at the hands of humans. BUT the robot king eventually discovers that he actually enjoys having sex with the main character, and her company, and they fall in love and marry ushering in a new age of peace between robot and mankind.

This has been done many times before.

I think this might be more interesting if you removed the low fantastic elements. Otherwise, pretty good. Have you looked at releasing it as a sound novel instead of a conventional book?

My other idea is during the easter rising where an Irish rebel soldier fleeing capture ends up hiding in the estate of a family of English gentry. And the daughter of the household discovers him, wounded, but doesn’t tell anyone and instead takes pity on him and helps him hide. And brings him food, water etc. And then they fall in love and run away to America together.

My novel is about a tupperware salesman who drives a cab at night.
Hes also a hitman and hes planning a big bank heist. But actually all of this is just an internal series of thoughts in the mind of a schizophrenic. The schizophrenic is also a cab driver who wants to be president.

“Sound novel” extrapolate?

an autogynephiliac with several synthetic organs, a botanist, a guy in a constant state of drowsy slowness, and a woman born with trimethylaminuria try to find an alternative to death for a neheumodryte that experiences constant heartburn, as it can't die. it takes them the rest of eternity to find any effective solution

Do people like u guys have nightmares over the thought of having all of that progress accidentally erased?

Id have like 5 flash drives of that motherfucker hidden in several undisclosed locations if i had put that much work into one thing

I have lost about 40000 words like that. Granted, they were pretty shit (not like what I produce now is much better, but still), I wrote them between the age of 19 and 22 or so. A guy who used to be a flatmate of mine in 2011-2012 or so lost about 60000 words. What I do nowadays is set up a synchronization with a cloud service and also manually copy the works every now and then. And usually keep few printouts too.

>losing 40,000 words
>losing 60,000 words
damn. F.

It's for the best, you're a nameless nobody so it was probably shit anyway.

wow you sure convinced me with those hot opinions, fagtron