Insights:

Insights:
>The way to happiness involves focusing on the external world, instead of focusing on yourself.
>You aren't as great as you think you are.
>People don't care about you as much as you care about yourself.
>Follow your natural inclinations instead of forcing yourself to do things.
>"Each of us is in the world for no very long time, and within the few years of his life has to acquire whatever he is to know of this strange planet and its place in the universe. To ignore our opportunities for knowledge, imperfect as they are, is like going to the theatre and not listening to the play. The world is full of things that are tragic or comic, heroic or bizarre or surprising, and those who fail to be interested in the spectacle that it offers are forgoing one of the privileges that life has to offer."

Thoughts?

>le bertrando meme
Ill pass thx sweetie

Says the man who wrote obtuse bullshit like the Principia Mathematica

It's not obtuse just because you don't understand it :^)

Pretty brainlet opinions for such an "intellectual" meme man. A thorough simpleton, an unidimensional sap.

Happiness is overrated.

happiness literally doesnt exist.

Pretty brainlet opinion, not understanding who Russell was, who his friends were, and why he was promoted.

>I do not pretend that birth control is the only way in which population can be kept from increasing. There are others, which, one must suppose, opponents of birth control would prefer. War, as I remarked a moment ago, has hitherto been disappointing in this respect, but perhaps bacteriological war may prove more effective. If a Black Death could be spread throughout the world once in every generation survivors could procreate freely without making the world too full. There would be nothing in this to offend the consciences of the devout or to restrain the ambitions of nationalists. The state of affairs might be somewhat unpleasant, but what of that? Really high-minded people are indifferent to happiness, especially other people’s. – The Impact of Science on Society (Simon and Schuster, 1953)

>who Russell was, who his friends were, and why he was promoted.
well OP asked for an opinion on the ideas exposed, not on the guy himself.

>The way to happiness involves focusing on the external world, instead of focusing on yourself.
> those who fail to be interested in the spectacle that it offers are forgoing one of the privileges that life has to offer.

Easier to justify these things in words but in practical application seems like one big contradiction after another to me.

>>The way to happiness involves focusing on the external world, instead of focusing on yourself.
>be an extrovert like me haha
what self centered a faggot and a brainlet.

>what self centered a faggot and a brainlet.
Unlike you, apparently.

This is the most accurate self help statement I've come across

social anxiety and aspergers are almost entirely caused by internal self centeredness. I've had to fight that shit all my life

I lived my life like this for ages and I wound up a suicidal NEET. It's only when I forced myself to improve that I started to brighten up.

>focus in the gangs killing people in the streets!
>focus in ur wife thats cucking you
>focus on your unrespectful shitstains of kids you have
>focus on your soulsucking wageslave job
wtf my life is fixed now!

protip: that book was written for other burgoise, aka bored rich people.

Another one:
>Have the perspective to not be angered by the trivial annoyances of everyday life.

today i asked for chicken breast with my fries. when i checked at home they threw in chicken leg. didnt even feel mad. am i closer to god now?

>>focus in the gangs killing people in the streets!
If you did that you might be inclined to do something about it.

>>focus in ur wife thats cucking you
>>focus on your unrespectful shitstains of kids you have
>>focus on your soulsucking wageslave job
>ur, you, your, you, your
You're still fundamentally focusing on yourself in these situations. Anyway, this isn't a doctrine of complacency. If you have a problem with the external world, do something to fix it.

>do sumting to fix human nature

>the man doesn't follow MY natural inclinations, therefore his natural inclinations are invalid
It's not even obtuse, it's just lengthy.

>tfw your natural inclination is to focus on yourself and not the external world because you understand that people won't care about you

I guess I'm doomed to be unhappy.

>I guess I'm doomed to be unhappy.
I think Russell would agree with that. My impression is that he believes some people are unable to be happy because of their nature.

This.

>>>Follow your natural inclinations instead of forcing yourself to do things.
yes hedonists believe this

>a teenage girl's tumblr
lol bye fag

>Each of us is in the world for no very long time, and within the few years of his life has to acquire whatever he is to know of this strange planet and its place in the universe. To ignore our opportunities for knowledge, imperfect as they are, is like going to the theatre and not listening to the play. The world is full of things that are tragic or comic, heroic or bizarre or surprising, and those who fail to be interested in the spectacle that it offers are forgoing one of the privileges that life has to offer.

Yet he's living proof that this is a stupid way to spend your time on earth. He started out endeavoring to be a mathematician, got exposed as a brainlet, went into philosophy and got embarrassed by his autistic austrian pupil while raging at the other autistic austrian across the sea, and finally ended up promoting a brave new world tier society where children are raised by the state without parents

>Dennett on the cover

you should have known better