The more theory and literature (and theory on literature) I read, the more alienated I feel from society...

The more theory and literature (and theory on literature) I read, the more alienated I feel from society. My life is good on paper; I have a girlfriend whom I love dearly and many life opportunities. But I feel as if there's a disconnect between me and everyone I interact with. Everything seems so fake, and the things that I used to use to comfort myself just present themselves as distractions masking a stench. It's not exactly depression, it's a loneliness that is both comforting and frightening.

Sorry for being edgy but anyone else have this feel

tl;dr too much adorno, what do i do

You get used to it and desensitize your self.

I can't, I don't want to be bluepilled. I don't feel as if there is any going back. I am a religious individual but I feel disconnected from God even more in this glorified strip mall hellscape, despite his radical transcendence that I usually find comfort it

>what do i do
Stop talking in pretentious abstract nonsense and try to concretely explain what your problem is
Realize you don't have a problem other than having your head so deep up your own ass you can't breathe

Dont read yourself stupid.

capitalism, duh

You have developed a distaste for society, but Western societies no longer afford legitimate opportunities for exit.

It sucks, huh? Have fun selling your alienated labor to survive.

>have gf

oh look a normy pretending to be eccentric, why don't u take it some fucking cafe asshole

>I can't, I don't want to be bluepilled
Okay, didn't realize I'm dealing with a soyboy.

Man the fuck up user

that's the thing, i was vague in the op so people would read their own projected definitions on to what i said and respond but i have a legitimate problem. it's a catch 22. if i spend my free time cloistered and theorizing and reading adorno and ricoeur i'm not actually doing anything except thinking myself into apophenia that wraps around again to ideology despite initially dispelling ideology. like, everything feels so processed and reified; my life circumstances resulted in me already feeling this way but it's truly just become unbearable. i've become far more sensitive to real art and real feelings, but i feel alone as everyone else is obsessed with neo-dionysian shitshows such as the super bowl and, i don't know, literally everything else in america. everything feels regurgitated and shat out a million times over, and i feel it viscerally. i hate that i'm turning into this edgy sensitive intellectual type, i legitimately hate it

i'm not pretending to be eccentric, i don't think i'm eccentric in the slightest, i haven't divulged any details about myself anyhow

>but i feel alone as everyone else is obsessed with neo-dionysian shitshows such as the super bowl

no man i literally feel like i'm a victim of battery whenever i turn on the tv

Welcome to the 6th dimension. You are a star babe. Full of autism and wonder. Now is the time if you wanna make or break yourself!

Are you literally 12

oh look a shitty virgin neet who thinks having a girlfriend is everything in life but doesn't do anything to achieve even that.

If it makes you feel any better user, it sounds like you and I are in the exact same scenario.

Why do you plebs keep confusing Veeky Forums with /r9k/?

Pol, int, r9k and lit all overlap in one area or another

When threads are made by soyboys

/thread

Damn you sound like a huge faggot, maybe that's the problem ?

You live in a society that has expelled any notion of a collective project and revels in an endless accumulation of commodities and spectacles. Genuine public life has been vaporized bh neoliberal individualism. There is no way out without a genuine communist uprising that will probably not happen within your lifetime. Enjoy your stay.

>not enjoying one of the greatest football games of all time
Maybe moving to Europe would help you.

You've seen that there is nothing for yourself in postmodernity. Now join the forces of pre-modernity.