Are there any books I could read that would help me with my negative mind?

Are there any books I could read that would help me with my negative mind?

I'm an extremely negative person. Constantly complaining, seeing the negative part of everything, constantly criticizing things and people, I even feel hate towards people I should be loving. But I just can't help it. In any situation that should be pleasant or fun, I'm just a negative unpleasant person, even in my own mind when I'm alone. I've started realising people don't like me because of how negative I am. Most of my conversations are just complaining about things. Even on Veeky Forums I only bother replying if it's to criticise something or someone.

It can be a novel, philosophy book, self-help book or literally anything that might help me.

Thank you.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mindfulness
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

have a bump op

I was also a more negative person in the past. I have two recommendations.

Firstly, some general advice, achieving things makes me feel more positive. Even small things. Getting chores done, making someone else happy, finishing a book, doing some exercise, whatever. The more I got things done the more pleasant I was around other people.

Secondly, the book I'd recommend is Gene Wolfe's Book of the New Sun. It's not a feel-good book, it's a pretty complex science fiction novel. However it made me feel much more positive (and had more of an effect than any other book), I think it's because of what it did for my imagination and in a philosophical sense reminded me the universe/earth is interesting and worth exploring

depends on what makes you tick. as the user above said, some people get over it vy doing thing and forcing themselves to be more social/active etc. others spent months in rumination until they get their thoughts together . there are also other who just say fuck it and move to another city or just travel for months. what i'm trying to say is get to know yourself, why you feel negative etc. As for a book - try remarque - it's a bit heavy but it makes you appreciate things a little more.

Bump

Don't need a book. Leave this site and never come back. That will help you

Infinite Jest

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mindfulness

>That pic

DFW was right, irony is the cancer killing human interactions. Nobody is sincerely sad or happy anymore. Everything has to be clever on multiple meta levels, genuine displays of emotion are secondary to le ebin memes xd

>Nobody is sincerely sad or happy anymore.
Bunch of bullshit. Stop living on the internet.

>Let us leave our old friend in one of those moments of unmixed happiness, of which, if we seek them, there are ever some, to cheer our transitory existence here. There are dark shadows on the earth, but its lights are stronger in the contrast. Some men, like bats or owls, have
better eyes for the darkness than for the light. We, who have no such optical powers, are better pleased to take our last parting look at the
visionary companions of many solitary hours, when the brief sunshine of the world is blazing full upon them.

This is a paragraph from the end of The Pickwick Papers.... I was a miserable person when I read it and actually felt convicted by this passage. Why would I be of the nocturnal disposition, preferring to see the dark? I associated the pleasure that I had reading Pickwick with choosing a more positive outlook and from then pursued such positivity. Anyway, read Pickwick.

Unironically Infinite Jest

Unironically unironically Infinite Jest

OP here.

I actually just finished reading this a few days ago. It was very calming and I unironically learnt a thing or two. After reading this and learning a few things I was hoping to find more books that could also help.

So thanks for the suggestion, it's a good one.

Unironically can't tell if this is an ironic or an unironic suggestion.

10 ways to suicide by geoge soros

Meditations

Montaigne's Essays

Middlemarch

Siddharta

Some Nietzsche, some Jung and Whitman

The Way of Zen by Alan Watts
Prometheus Rising by Robert Anton Wilson

Give an example.
You might be right and the world around you is an intellectual swamp.

The world is in a bad place now, and many people are letting it happen.

Read the wiki for it.

Just sounds like a rip off of brave new world and brazil.