>read 5 Pages
>go check Facebook
>go check YouTube
>go browse Veeky Forums
>it's now 3 am and you've only read 5 pages

Very good
Charge it once a month
Same with a book

I'm also entertaining the idea of buying one of those. Are they actually good, can we transfer our own files to it, does it destroy one's eyes after two weeks?

yes, yes, no

Useful for a poorfag like me.

Good work, post the rest of the chapter.

Very useful for a poorfag, you can download a lot of books. Since I bought I'm reading 3x more.

Do pdfs work fine with it?

Jesus, why do we have these threads every fucking day?

Yes but they're sorta native to the document whereas an actual ebook file enables you to alter the font, text size, spacing etc.

fucking hate this, too.

Turn off your computer and phone

Thanks.

Good shit, especially if you regularly check humble bundle for a decent e book bundle. I have like 30 novels and only paid 40 bucks for them. A couple are crap, sure, but still a breddy gud deal overall.
>browsing everyday
Read more books and less shitposts, faget.

Good for travelling or if a book you want is too expensive.

Good books can be hard to find, and it just isn;t as engaging as a physical book. Navigating longer books is a pain in the arse too. So it's useful, but not better than paper books.

They're not ideal, and if its a big file don't even bother. PDF's are better suited to tablets

>tfw ive had a kindle for 4-5 years
>always looking for epubs and mobi to read books
>feeling frustrated because there are so many books than arent in epub/mobi format
>find out today you can read pdf on kindle

Fuck me I'm retarded

>tfw have one and still end up buying to many physical copies. Usually new too

I need to stop

Kindle for fiction and paper for non fiction is the only way

Good for easy books and page turners.
Also lot of free books if you don't want to spend much on all those books which you can finish in half a day.

This is pretty spot on. No one needs to see shitty genre fiction on my shelf.

>tfw using Kindles for years
>tfw recently found calibre
>tfw easily able to convert epub files from library genesis for free

Its beautiful isn't it?

Have you ever found yourself unable to find a book or is there pretty much everything on libgen?

It's so good for nocturnal reading.

>Kindle for fiction and paper for non fiction is the only way

Completely agree. I tried to read some books that teach you things on kindle and I found it horrendous compared to paperback.

There have been a few things but if you have Calibre you can buy a book from Amazon, break the DRM, and then refund it.

Great! I've been reading mine non stop since I got it 2 weeks ago

Paperwhites aren't tablets. You can basically just read/shop for books

Teach me how senpai

I did this for all my textbooks.

Download the kindle app on to your computer, then buy the books from Amazon. Open Calibre, and install the DeDRM plugin. Restart Calibre. Then open your kindle library within your file manager (not the app). This will probably be hidden from you unless you've already set up your computer to show hidden files. Once you find it, you can drag it into Calibre and it will strip the DRM automatically. From that point on you can convert to any file format you like.

Also you can try IRC.

Oops, meant for , not

>Kobo
Just ordered one myself. It should arrive sometime next week. Really looking forward to having one since I've run out of room for new books and might be moving into a studio apartment.

I know you can do this but I'm having trouble extracting the Kindle eBooks. I tried the Android version but when I copied it's folder the actually books were missing. I also can't install the Kindle Windows app because Microsoft Edge and Amazon's website all shit. How can these big monolithic companies fail so hard? All I want to do is circumvent thar're tacky Walled Garden.

Nah, the zoom function doesn't work properly for PDF. In fact, there's issues with ~1 out of 2 books you upload (even if it's all MOBI).
You have to decide whether those problems are worth the high resolution + lighting for relatively cheap.
If you want something convenient, get the Kobo touch instead.

Kobo is so superior to kindle it's ridiculous. Wish I could get one with lighting for

Use Calibre, it converts most formats to the right one and you can send it directly to your kindle if it's plugged in.

What makes Kobo superior to a cheaper kindle from say ~4 years ago?
I use my kindle somewhat regularly and have't had issues with formatting since calibre.