Sends a rocket to space

>sends a rocket to space
>next day articles by humanities graduates are written
>"This Rocket Was NOT ok- here's why!"
>"Elon Musk is too unintelligent to see the structural inequalities perpetuated by the space race!"
>"This fetishisation of linear thinking rocket scientists was predicted and critiqued in Chimbanonga Muhamadina's searing 2007 New Yorker poem"

Justify these

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zaCPJrx8U0E
jacobinmag.com/2017/02/mars-elon-musk-space-exploration-nasa-colonization
archive.li/PPxO7
youtube.com/watch?v=qU7FuAswPW0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I won't, humanities is fucked and I look forward to founding a new intellectual tradition on Musk's White Martian ethno-state

Space cannot be accessed.

>implying we won't blast minorities to the moon (or, Allah (pbuh) willing, into the sun) and have Earth be home exclusively to rich whites, while poor whites are exiled to Mars to create their own prosperous society

People who go no where in life are angry about someone genuinely wanting to better humanity and it's future

God damn it I want my space colonies and faggotd like these are fucking it up

No. This isn't Joe schmo at the trailer park being jealous. This is a widespread form of leftism

Not how history goes. Those who are brave and love freedom (ie White men) go out to explore new worlds and make new fortunes while the resentful brown dimwits only crawl in after to leach from what better men made.

I don't see why we should applaud everything a rich person does.

Who invited the soyboy

For real? Links please. For research purposes.

>man takes steps towards deep space exploration and colonization to save our overcrowded planet
>demonize him
He's doing more for our planet and civilization than any trans scum will ever do

I haven't seen a single one of these articles. Do you intentionally get news from places that cater to pissing you off as much as possible? That's the only reason they write this sensationalist horseshit - faggots like you will read it, be offended, and share it on Cantonese locksmithing forums so they read it too.

keep sucking the cock of "progress"

Know thy enemy

Wow sjws btfo. Pol wins once again, kekistani forever

Yeah seriously, this is egregious and unbelievable.

So you're a bold underdog in an imaginary war against sjws?

yeah, seems pretty alarmist

>>man takes steps towards deep space exploration and colonization to save our overcrowded planet
Will never happen
youtube.com/watch?v=zaCPJrx8U0E

There's nothing to justify since you just made those up idiot

I have seen no reactions even coming close to this. Post links you memester

Yes

Even if the articles aren't real we need to discuss them as if they were since its the exact type of thing SJWs will come out with

let's discuss them when SJWs actually do then howsabout

this thread goes a long way towards demonstrating how clinically out-of-touch leftist fags are. These hot takes were all over twitter yesterday, and I'm not going to even bother with the quick search that will inevitably yield countless egalitarian rags decrying musk and his toxic whiteness.

Since both OP and the rest of you too lazy, here's a general article (not about yesterday) bitching about Musk from the world's whiniest publication.
jacobinmag.com/2017/02/mars-elon-musk-space-exploration-nasa-colonization

No, it's just the radicals who think they're better than everyone. And it's common these days that any and every person who passes through journalism school has to write some shitty article because it's riles some feathers and gets people angry; because they don't have anything worthwhile to say or investigate. Politics has nothing to do with this

> Bringing up trannies for no reason

Is this the power of /pol/?

/pol/TARD CHUDS owned with epic irony once again, they're in tears and they're also shadilay virgins unlike me who is not a virgin

Not literature. Also
>Mr. Khrushchev says that Communism, the police state, will bury the free ones. He is a smart gentleman, he knows that this is nonsense since freedom, man's dim concept of and belief in the human spirit is the cause of all his troubles in his own country. But if he means that Communism will bury capitalism, he is correct. That funeral will occur about ten minutes after the police bury gambling. Because simple man, the human race, will bury both of them. That will be when we have expended the last grain, dram, and iota of our natural resources. But man himself will not be in that grave. The last sound on the worthless earth will be two human beings trying to launch a homemade spaceship and already quarreling about where they are going next

Go back to your respective containment boards

Maybe you should stop inundating yourself in the endless cycle of people being outraged about dumb shit and people being outraged that people are outraged about dumb shit ad infinitum on twitter. Maybe you should read books and talk about those on this board instead and post about your delusional, impotent bitterness elsewhere.

1. Our planet is nowhere near to being overcrowded. Texas alone could feed the entire world with our current level of technology.
2. Our planet will never be overcrowded. Global fertility rate has been dropping for decades, and a hundred years from now there will be less people on the planet than there are now.

For a second I thought I gave enough of a shit to read that
I even gave a click to it ffs, I'm paying those dickheads' food thanks to you

This is fucking Veeky Forums ffs, get your Murican bs elsewhere

Not him but I have college professors that openly hold the position that any sort of optimism about space exploration is problematic because something something feminist theory and exploitation.

What about all other life on earth the we are arguably crowding out? Does your ethics have any room for non-human life?

PFFFFTtfstftf hahah

Sounds like you're talking out of your ass to me

>He doesn’t seem interested in thinking through Mars’s policy or governance, the labor necessitated by building a civilization from scratch, or the problems that will arise from sending rich tourists to self-manage in a place with scant resources demanding communal organization and thinking.
Richfags BTFO

Get out of feminist studies. Go speak to the mathematics and physics profs. They're more realistic and not pent up about petty arguments that no one gives a damn about

Is it aprils fool already? Is this /litpol/ now? Who let all these amorphous polymorphic pol memetists in?

They're right to criticize Musk, since all his space endeavors are heavily government-subsidized. Your taxes are paying for useless means of transportation and ultra-expensive advertising stunts and I wish people would stop sucking some government contractor's cock already.

Better ask enginners and those Who do applied science, mathematicians and physics proffesors are as lost on idealistic hypothetical intangible fiction delusions as most gender studies snowflakes

I'll consider my tax money well spent when we launch Rupi Kaur and Jordan Peterson into a black hole

They think they own the world, so they let themselves in

Commies can't stand watching their worldview get crushed. The government sucks at everything and SpaceX proved it. The virgin NASA would never have developed a completely reusable rocket because they don't have to worry about improving inefficiency with their unaccountable and essentially unlimited government funds. The Chad SpaceX has the proper incentives required to advance human civilization to the point of launching car advertisements into space.

Engineers are narcissist goobers
t. Mechanical Engineer

>durr le real world
Engineers are the scum of the Earth.

let's archive that
archive.li/PPxO7

Is this satire?
I'm afraid it isn't, honestly.

no, wh*toids can’t survive intergalactical radiation because of their subhuman skin

This fact was revealed by one of the descendants of Yakub, when he tried shipping one of his wh*toid subjects to the KARA BOGA-colony in deep space.

it sucked that it has come to this, but humanities are best studied by yourself, and not through some university. Though maybe philosophy is mostly saved as it doesn't appeal as much to women.

>turk BLACK disciples post on Veeky Forums now
mashallah

>leftist retard thinks he knows everything about me from one post
classic

I'm not in feminist studies. My school is just super leftist so the curriculum reinforces feminist theory at every opportunity lol

>I FUCKING LOVE SCIENCE!! RICK AND MORTYYYY

Space exploration is retarded though.

I don't know what argument those people are raising, but it's just laughable that anyone thinks this is a good thing or something for mankind or whatever. There is nothing on the moon or mars or elsewhere for us at this point and while I understand there won't be if we stop going there, to "advance" in this technological sense looks cynical to say the least. It's like inventing a car and saying it will help mankind because doctors can travel faster or something, but as soon as you do, the whole scenario changes and a new layer of problem arises. Either it becomes a fancy rich people's toy, a military weapon, or a new way to explore people, resources and money.. It's "advancing from the top", it's like stretching a pyramid by its height, while that does nothing to change its shape, perhaps only make it harder for one to climb.

This whole thing is fueled by naive fantasies and some nostalgia from the space exploration which was nothing much than a tool to develop new military stuff while propaganda for your side of the cold war.

Pic is Bill Gates in the 90s sitting on a pile of paper saying a CD will "save this much forest". He was right and everyone now works digitally and that made us so much more productive we are producing more paper than ever even if we don't use it for all those things we used before lol, just to illustrate how naive this "save humanity" "advancement of mankind" can be.

Go to space, whatever, I would love to ride a highway to Mars as much as you do, but I understand this is just a silly fantasy. What gets me is more that some people unironically believe this is some higher cause.

r/ing you put this post into memepic format

>They're more realistic and not pent up about petty arguments that no one gives a damn about
I won't defend feminist studies, but that is the opposite of most physics and mathematicians I know of;

>people spend their money on things the like and I AM ANGRY
the post

Muskfags are the epitome of soyboys

Stupid people being mad at smart people for being smart. Not much else to it.

>loooool epic crazy scientist does SCIENCE and brings us on MARS
Who else /OptimisticNihilist/ here? It's crazy how far we've come thanks to SCIENCE and LOGIC. Mars here we come!!!!

nuke the whales desu

Spend on whatever, man, it's just that what you like is a childish fantasy. What's next, millions to invent a lightsaber? Do it. But don't pretend that's for "mankind!!"

>people spend their money on things they like and IT'S PROGRESSING MUH HUMANITY :~~DDDD

Lefties are scared because Musk is a white South-African, talking to those lads behind closed doors about race would scare Hitler.

we need a backup planet m8 this one is running out

i dont really give a fuck about space exploration but its way cooler than some gay welfare program. also, how is a real life achievement a 'childish fantasy'? A childish fantasy is something like, world peace.

humanity doesn't progress btw

>Pic is Bill Gates in the 90s sitting on a pile of paper saying a CD will "save this much forest"

And it does indeed. The developed world uses less and less paper each passing year, it's only developing economies that push the demand for paper. Without CDs, we would be literally consuming thrice as much paper as during the early 90s

Maybe at least give things some more thought before reverting to this facile cynicism?

Jesus this shit is so retarded

You're not arguing with real people anymore literally you're creating strawmen

let us all aspire to one day be as brilliant as you

youtube.com/watch?v=qU7FuAswPW0

You're right but if you think whiny SJWism isn't the zeitgeist of the left right now you're delusional. I can see you right now user, carefully and masterfully applying the latest Post-Marxist analysis to the crisis of late-stage capitalism, looking for new approaches in under-explored theoretical outlets. It's kind of beautifully sad and even admirable that intellectuals of this type still exist on the left. Maybe you'll polish your theory, even dumb it down for popular consumption as you hope it will galvanize the next generation of leftists. You'll get nervously excited as you refine your theory, watching the left gain increasing steam as it eradicates the remnants of bourgeois tradition from the academy. You figure, why shouldn't I test it out on an audience of spirited and youthful revolutionaries. You see a facebook event for a local Marxist reading group where members of the public are invited to present their own writing. Marxists mind you, not ignorant tankies or neoliberal SJWs, so you look forward to spirited debate. After spending hours nervously trying to pick the right shade of red scarf from your collection, you get yourself together, excited to share your insights with your comrades. You arrive early, nervously wiping the sweat from your brow as it drips on to your wire framed glasses, carefully selected from the Lens Crafters. The meeting starts, you introduce yourself to your fellow comrades. Your nervous excitement increases as you see many people in attendance, since when was academic Marxism so popular? It gives you renewed hope in the potential of the radical left. You shift anxiously in your folding chair, awkwardly making small talk with the activists around you. They call the meeting to order, and you nervously stand up to get in line to speak. You feel a tap on your shoulder, and you turn around with a smile on your face only to find an extremely rotund brown woman staring at you. "Um, excuuse me. As a cis straight white male you are to speak last. Are you trying to drown out the voices of women of color?" You acquiesce politely, moving to the back. You agree that it is important to hear the voices of the marginalized. You wait at the back of the line as the latest advancements in fats liberation theology and nonbinary postcolonial theory are presented. After waiting patiently, it is finally your turn to speak... tbc

spacex is literally a gay welfare program though. muh subsidies

Still dripping with anticipation, you nervously begin your speech, a short synthesis of the work you've been editing and polishing for years. You receive blank stares, and you nervously begin to stumble in your words, skimming over most of what you planned to say and finishing prematurely. When you begin to walk away from the microphone, a hideous wail is heard, and soon the whole crowd begins to scream and moan. A large, proud woman of color, the one who had checked your privilege earlier. What *claps hands* about *claps hands* woman *claps hands* of *claps hands* color? By *claps hands* silencing *claps hands* and *claps hands* marginalizing *claps hands* our *claps hands* voices *claps hands* you *claps hands* are *claps hands* literally*claps hands* committing *claps hands* genocide!" Murmurs, growls and "mmm-hmmms" concur with her, and before you know it you've been glitter bombed. A group of disabled queer femmes armed with baseball bats storm the stage, and they begin to beat you ferociously. You are left in a wheelchair after this severe beating. You realize the folly of your ways, and use the new insight of being disabled to realize how you were using your position as a white male to perpetuate systems of control that marginalize and destroy black bodies. Your privilege, is, checked.

Literally what the fuck is wrong with you

>I haaate science so much my faves? literature and watching zizek videos :)

>DUDE subsidies
Wow look at that the government needed a service and he did it in exchange for money

The "developed world" is not separed from the "developed economies". It is the demand from said developed world that fuels paper production in the other countries. It's economical and political maintainance of poor countries to keep them that way that makes that not change worldwide at once (and how could that ever happen anyway). If you take what we produce in digital and imagine it printed, than that's "thrice as much paper", but we wouldn't even be making this much content if not for the digital format. The disposal of eletronics is also now a huge problem, with a more complex scenario that goes from mining for metals to planned obsolence.

>how is a real life achievement a 'childish fantasy'? A childish fantasy is something like, world peace.

But that's what I'm at. Space race is not doing any good to mankind, although the enthusiasts really like to put it in terms of "world peace" or at least "when this world is fucked, we go some place else". I don't doubt we can go to space, I doubt the reasoning of people who support it.

Elon Musk is a faggot but the Falcon Heavy was badass, it's a shame it's 5 years behind schedule because Elon Musk is a faggot who doesn't require people to dress presentable when they come to launch the rockets he pays them with subsidized funds to design.

>There is nothing on the moon or mars or elsewhere for us
Besides trillions and trillions of dollars worth of rare minerals

I like to shitpost, sorry guy. Also apologies for the sloppy prose, I didn't proofread.

Lmao this is great

You're focusing on a nuance of what I just said

To generate more wealth, more paper would be necessary. Without digital we would be using even more paper to generate as much wealth

OK, this is a little bit awesome.
Elon Musk just launched a thing into space, here's why we need to talk about it.
Science trumps hate!
Get to mars asap!
I fucking love science
Flat earthers btfo yet again
I fucking love science
Black Mirror season 4, all episodes ranked
Dan Harmon just apologised for assault, here's why that's so important
The philosophy of Rick and Morty: finding humanity in nihilistic times
I fucking love science
I love science

Holy fuck the triggered Christ fags in this thread is hilarious. You absolute morons, Musk is genuinely doing interesting enterprises to further humanity and society while you Cheeto finger stained autists only meme about hating scientific ventures and politics that have nothing to do at hand.

No wonder Peterson is loved here, you people are literal idiots

speak for yourself faggot

There is no justification. Just small little people realizing how useless they are.

Rick and Morty all episodes ranked from worst to best

I don't think we should generate more wealth. I think that is exactly the problem.

I don't think there is a solution, I don't think we will "go back", I don't think we will come in terms with it, I don't believe in revolutions or reforms, I don't think democracy could ever reach anything close to a solution because it's something no one would vote for, I don't believe in any authoritarian solution because I understand that would make things worse and capitalism is the very opposite of what I am about to say.

But as long as there is more production and more people, the more we will push ourselves towards only that, more production. The debts increase, public and private and this debt is not meant to be paid as we all know, it's something like an invisible push that keep us doing things. It's not only a matter of getting money to live well, but that if you don't go as fast as the fastest one, you'll get behind and whatever you acquire is less than adequate to survive. Not only you create a solution, but you create a problem and sell the solution. First you get addicted to sugar, then you sell toothbrushes and call it a development.

When I see a fancy eletric car that uses that is extremely efficient and so on, I don't doubt that it is, but I keep thinking "what if things go right as planned? is that really what we want?". Suppose those cars are much better than what we have in every way, for the user and the maker, wouldn't that entail more asphalt? More urban chaos? I love my microwave, it's some sci-fi shit that I can get a cold meal ready in a couple of minutes, but how much more plastic is being used to create pre-prepared meals? How much easier it is to be lost in a life of underpaid shit work if you can lunch in 15 minutes? It is the collateral effects of each of these progressive things that gets me.

T. Brainlet cunts

>against progress

>man sends his car into space in a egotistic expression of his hubris and pride
>REEE WHY DO CHRISTIANS NOT LIKE

he called me a brainlet cunt how will I recover

Keep 'em cucked, Elon!