Book where the main character is a NEET?

Welcome to the N.H.K.

Confederacy of Dunces

No Longer Human, sort of
Hunger

Crime and Punishment

The Magic Mountain
Berghof is an allegory of Veeky Forums
Screencap this

A Hunger Artist - Kafka

Best allegory for the modern NEET.

He gets a job like 3 chapters into the book. And has a job for the rest of the book.

It's what's on the inside that counts.

Your diary, desu.

Suttree

unironically this, being a NEET is more a state of mind and being than it is about school/work.

All of them

kys you fucking faggot crypto-normie nigger

Count Zero

Oblomov, you Oblomov.

some trust fund normie is technically a NEET, whereas some poor community college faggot with zero friends and no life is not.

buzz buzz buzz r u a bee

This so fucking much. I just got into a PhD program I've always dreamed about and I still can't have a normal conversation with a human being without feeling like a worthless sack of shit. What the fuck is wrong with me?

But it is literally an acronym for:
Not in
Education,
Employment, or
Training
On topic: Fyodor Dostoyevsky - Notes from Underground, and my diary desu.

humble brag

madame bovary

No, not really. There is a certain side of life that is only accessible to people who spend all day online, still live at home, or live in a room somewhere. A certain world you experience from within and that you project without. And I'd describe it as NEETDOM, for all it's pros and cons, it's hard to pin down, but certainly is unique.

On the other hand, you get to live through the days as a PhD student and you gain access to whatever goes along with that, like being socially awkward or even suffering from social anxiety. This should be a good conversation starter for millennial because they are all spurgs who cannot communicate for whatever stupid reason. Good luck.

What kind of idiot gets a PhD nowadays anyway?

Are all of you planning to write a novel about NEETs and other alienated lonely young men?

I wish. It's really hard to write a story with a main character who has no goals or aspirations.

against the grain by huysmans, of course

One day, just you wait

Robinson Crusoe

Walden

what a terrible misreading