How would you describe its grammatical function?

How would you describe its grammatical function?

pointy

a>b if and only if I count to a after b.

a>b if and only if I'm posting a on a superior line and quoting b on an inferior line to a

scolding

mocking

How does this fit into programming language syntax?

I would say
Summarization

>scolding
>mocking

Come on guys, I meant greentext not "greater than". I just could find a green version

>paint.exe
>bucket
>green color
>*click*
>save as
>memeload
>post

its a dishonest quotation mark, paraphrasing-quoting that’s it, you’re mocking someone or addressing what they said specifically, usually both

>its a dishonest quotation mark

good one

"its a dishonest quotation mark"

then what is it?

>implying

If you turn it the right way up, it helps us spell words like "ventricle" and "vanquish" and "vanishing".

Or of course you can turn it upside-down and add a crossbar and then it can be used to help spell words like "admonished" and "adultery" and "apple-pie".

Stay in reddit

It's interesting how greentext is multifunctional. You can use it to

>make a mocking tone
>create lists like this one
>tell stories
>share feelings e.g. ">tfw no gf", ">mfw", ">ywn", etc.

Am I missing anything?

The fact that you can double greener two (>>make a mocking tone) suggests that the primary function is to quote. You’re right about the other functions though. I’d love to see a linguists take on it.

Greener two = greentext

>I’d love to see a linguists take on it.

I've always thought a linguistic study of Veeky Forums in general would be really interesting but I don't know if anyone has bothered. It's not really a place where, you know, you want your fellow academics to know you hang out. What field methods would you use...

Grammatically used for quoting, can also used to draw attention to specific words or phrases. Essentially like quotation marks

colloquially has adopted multiple like this user said sarcasm/mocking, lists/bullet points, ect

Its grammatical function is somewhat intuitive and often used creatively.

Its biological function is interesting. Every time you greentext, a booger is sent through a pneumatic tube up to Antarctica where a large blob named Golet Rom Brinsun--anatomically similar to a tapeworm--feeds off the mucus.
>1 booger
>2 booger
and so on....

>On greentext

>Greentext is a balloon from comic strips, but with an empty place for the character.

>It is easy to quote with it, as easy as quotemarks. But there is more to it. The one who speaks is indefinite and so it goes perfectly well within the order of the imaginary. We have to fill it in with an image to react to it. That's why it's perfect for mockery, it is a strawman maker. You can use it with certain images and that's all the context you need, like in brainlet posting or in >tfw moments. You can edit and readjust someone's text to present it in a new organization. Lists also do well with it, anything that is about visualizing something.

>Veeky Forums is an imageboard. It's interesting to notice however, that no image is a given, so to speak. No one has profile pages and pictures, no post history, no face or name and therefore no image for oneself. It is in this game of images in which we develop our fantasies and explore a truly inconsequential way to speak to each other, which comes with good and bad sides. It's no surprise that some stories begin with ">be me" rather than telling them straight. We need this distance, this indefinition and then reallocation of ourselves into the story to perform our reimagining of the situation.

>Although it is strictly a Veeky Forums thing, it has dominated internet speak altogether. Think of how normie memes from twitter and facebook often have the format of "when you" paired with a picture. Isn't that a consequence of the much older >mfw? The logic is the same for the demotivationals that were all over the internet at the first half of the first decade of this millenium. If comic strips were expanding at the turn of the 20th century because of the cheaper newspaper technology, we are living the golden age of greentext and meme pictures.

>But now, we are inside it. And so we think we understand what we read and we think others understand what we write, when we are really dealing with the most elusive imagery here. Images that might also fuel a return to fantasies, circular, paranoid, neurotic ideas, high esteem of abstract vain values said by strangers, attachment to thinking processes, banalization of one's message and therefore lack of tools to deal with the fear for the risk of the message outside of the anonymous imageboard with greentext.

[citation needed]

ITT: newfags who were too young to remember internet before Veeky Forums

I'm on my phone desu

Its even more appropriate that we are constantly interpreting ourselves

>I'm an idiot
Whoa dude, calm down

>it lets your words shine in the limelight

Means greater than, retards
Me>you

You don't count real numbers. a > b iff a - b is positive.

Simply put, its grammatical function is to lay the premises, whatever those may be.

of course you are

Quotation or paraphrasing of anything, not just words. Such as: feeling, action, characteristic, state, event, etc.

>implying

How do you manage to sleep at night?

The outer layer of that image at least has some self awareness.

Bullet point in the costume of a meme arrow thanks be to channel 4

>explains greentext
>fails at greentext
form > content

It makes me wish that Veeky Forums had more versatility in creating posts ,like simple bold text and italics. It would add much color to the creative pallet along with green text spoilers and pictures.