The hunger games

Thoughts?

yeah I read it which contributed to knockin da boots with a coworker. sure it was time wasted but sometimes ya gotta get down to get down, yaknowwhatimsayin?

Is it accurate to say that the books are utterly shit just by reading the most liked quotes from the series?

Pic related.

what?

What a cringefest. I'd kill myself if I that were my book.

>I'd kill myself if I that were my book.

You would be rich if that were your book.

I had a lot of friends recommend me the series in high school. They always said the first was great, but that it gets worse from there. Well, the first was generic trashy young adult dystopia, not much interesting, so I never continued it. Not worth the read.

I read this in high school because a girl I liked recommended it to me.

I will say the first one could have been good if it was written by someone more intelligent.

The concept of combining gladiatorial culture, dystopia, revolution, class divide, the decadence of the upper class, and familial responsibility could've been cool but Suzanne Collins is just not intelligent enough and it shows. She had to resort to a doomed love affair story and reluctant hero which is so cliche.

I remember when Veeky Forums was positively obsessed with this shit and Ayn Rand. I wonder if the Rupi Kaur and Jordan Peterson shit will look as retarded. At least Kaur is funny though.

I read the first before it became curriculum (I know, it is very sad) then again for school. I think I read the second too, but I only remember the interesting parts (the games themselves). Definitely harder to swallow on the second go

if these were from a book by some dead white male you'd all be jacking off over how deep this shit was lmoa

Lit doesn’t read anything that ends up on a YA bestseller list

girl from work gave it to me as a chistmas gift... i think it‘s comfy desu

>regarding materialistic desires higher than your identity, pride and legacy
>mfw

I think it's much more mature and well-written than almost all of YA. That being said, almost all of YA is garbage.

I'd find very difficult to kill myself if I've got lots of money. It has nothing to do with stupid things such as pride and legacy which mean as much as materistic desires of which I have zero.

Several of those quotes are very much out of place.
With that said, I think that out of most YA sagas, it's probably the best. At least, it's the best I've encountered. Characters are somewhat realistic, interesting twists to it, stays very much away from the most common fantastic cliches. Depicts revolution in an unromantic way and is also maybe the only YA book that shows how playing the part of the "hero" would usually be very hard on most teenagers. I'd recommend it. It's also not overly long, so that's a plus, as most of these new sagas have too much pages and too much books to make it worthwhile.

>They always said the first was great, but that it gets worse from there
It's precisely the opposite... A lot of YA literature fans hated the ending, for example, because it isn't romantic nor dream-like. Things don't go well all the time and the hero doesn't end the books happily married or anything like that. To me, it was the depiction of war and pain that made it better. Of course, you can't expect too much out of it.

>regards identity, pride and legacy as of some worthy ideals
>greek picture
LMAOing @ your'e life

A shit copy of battle royale

I unironically want Veeky Forums to make a chart of actually decent YA. I refuse to believe that there are no good works within the genre.

>please make a list of most enjoyable feces
make it yourself

I know there are people on here who read YA, even though they'd never admit it. Come out come out where ever you are faggots

Harry Potter is decent enough, well, at least some of the books.

The hunger games is pretty shit to be honest
one of the best examples of a Mary sue in literature with a love triangle and all that stuff

I remember reading Tomorrow, When the War Began series in my early teens and I liked it a lot. I've seen a few Aussies here saying they didn't like it because they were forced to read it at school.

First book was average.
A teen friendly Battle Royale of sorts.
The other two books made me want to puke.
Katniss was mad for the cock though.

This is a pretty good argument for it. I was pretty into them in high school and it's not really great by any means but if you want something entertaining to breeze through I'd agree with you.

This too. When I read them years ago I hated the ending and looking back I get that it was better than it being a "happy ending."

>placing identity over anything
Lmao

Just read Battle Royale instead.

t. brainlet

>Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
> The book won the 1999 Whitbread Children's Book Award, the Bram Stoker Award, and the 2000 Locus Award for Best Fantasy Novel, and was short-listed for other awards, including the Hugo.

>Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
>The novel won a Hugo Award, the only Harry Potter novel to do so, in 2001.

Fuck off, seriously.