Reminder Veeky Forums is a community college free board. If any of you went to community college please leave

Reminder Veeky Forums is a community college free board. If any of you went to community college please leave.

What if I transferred from a community college to a better university than the one you went to?

>tfw the governor stole money from our state's actual university scholarship fund to give everyone free community college
>tfw this is supposed to be a red state

not a bad idea if your state's community colleges offer technical degrees/training, given the job market shortage and the quick education turnover

>tfw I went to a shit tier state school
>tfw I dug myself into massive amounts of debt to attend this trash heap of a school.
I honestly would have been better off going off community college.

oh it's a red state alright gomrade

>going to uni

cuckservatives BTFO

>went to CC
>got my associates in general ed/transfer
>haven't done anything since

help

>went to average college
>had good time
>did well
>got job
anyone else know this feel

>tfw community college dropout neetscholar

And this is bad how?

That’s fine

Haha jokes on you I never went to college

not him but reduces people choice of education.

If they take away scholarship funds for all schools and gives the money to community colleges then it limits freedom of choice. It basically makes it much more difficult to go to a uni and promotes poorer quality education.

>did two years at CC
>now at the greatest public university in the world, UCLA

Laughing at all of my high school classmates who bragged so intensely about getting into the local Cal State

>UCLA

could everyone who went to college or is doing so in north america (you too canada) please leave. we'd like to talk about books not, god, you never even get past listing your schools do you? Fuck off

just leave the thread and hide it my minimum wage friendo. Sorry that we're making you feel unqualified

>this is why americans come out of school believing youtube and wikipedia and facebook are books or book adjacent

nobody brags about getting into a cal state unless you come from some awful public school

>CC for two years
>Just got accepted to umich
>free tuition if parents make under 250k now

Am I gonna make it bros?

They can always go to community colleges,

>promotes poorer quality education
promotes higher access to education. Education in usa is already poor

>Education in usa is already poor
are you a literal retard or do you take all of your opinions from /int/ memes

Giving more access to lower education to the public at the risk of damaging your higher education system is not worth it.

I speak to Americans :^)

>went to any sort of college
Why would I associate with my lessers when I can teach myself better than any semi-literate "professor?"

>at the risk of damaging your higher education system
Scholarship is about access to not quality of higher educations

holy shit youre retarded

If the state is no longer providing scholarships, then that means less people will go (less access). Which means less money for school. Which means lower quality education in the forms of cheaper/less supplies, hiring lower quality professors, and so forth.

>Which means less money for school.
>the main source of university's income is from scholarships and not university fees or state funding
Damn american education is more fucked up that I imagined

Okay so at least now I understand you are merely pretending to be retarded

>community college
What's the European equivalent ?

Well that was done poorly.

They don't have one. If you fail to get into university right out of secondary education, you're barred from ever entering.

Less access to schools via scholarships (like you said) means less students able to go. That is a fact. Universities get state funding based on their enrollment, if less people are going, less money they get.

I cant tell if you actually think you know what youre talking about or just spewing shit.

So you aren't saying university are heavily dependent on scholarships to survive/thrive?

Shit universities

And scholarships are a significant percentage of enrollment?

>I cant tell if you actually think you know what youre talking about or just spewing shit.
Shit man I am just asking questions.

Yes. Good job dave man. Ann Arbor is great. I went there for my MFA and wished I'd spent undergrad there as well.

Most if not every student who enrolls at least applies for scholarships.

It is life or death for a lot of students education, getting them or not. Like I've said, without grants or scholarships a lot of students simply wont be able to go to a university.

where are you going?

I just got a job after highschool. Felt great no debts, still making more money then all my friends who went to school and I pretty much only work 9 months of the year. Trucking is good stuff.

Thank god for a new year so that people will stop spamming that 2016 fake list.

me too pal

just graduated from ucla with b.a. in english and let me ask you some questions:

are you the one taking all those diversity english courses that force you to read Roxane Gay over and over again? or have you got the courage to just blitz through Ulysses in one quarter?

me too

If all you care about is money. Your friends will be able to understand the world better than you in many cases, and enjoy past times like reading.

I fail to see the problem. Are you mad because the community colleges offer practically only STEM or other technical degree’s?

> go to one of the top schools in manhattan
> everyone is a prick
At least we have the biggest library

>tfw I didn't realize how important what university you attended was until after high school
My parents met at the local third-tier state school, so they didn't bother to tell me I should be ashamed of their alma mater. I had to figure that out for myself

>babby need diploma from big boy school to prove worth
>babby feel big n brainy after graduate
>babby no babby but BIG babby now
>only BIG babbies can post here

i went to community college and go to a shit school i hate now does that count for something?

It is though.
Priorities, ideally you want the lower levels of any system functioning perfectly before even considering the higher ones
This is precisely one of the main reasons most western education systems are bad

I enjoy reading. I'm sure they will understand the world more by learning to code LMAO.

>go to tech school to be a nurse
>"fuck this I can't wipe old people's asses for the rest of my life
>go back to CC
>do well get associates and certification
>get full-ride to decent private college
>start town job- comfortable position and everyone likes me
I'm much happier now, and it was because of CC

school doesn't matter. get an in-demand degree from a cheap school. make bank. go back to college for humanities degree. get PhD. fuck grad students. smoke weed. become a washed-up new agey guy. fuck spiritually deprived grad students along with new agey wife who's totally cool with the open marriage thing. thassit homie. keep doin u dawg.

i don’t want lots of pussy, just one reliable pussy. and i could do without all that time near college campuses