The perfect book doesn't exi-

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/jordanbpeterson/status/952345392619847680?lang=en
twitter.com/jordanbpeterson/status/961689858224934915
my.mixtape.moe/fveatd.pdf
scholar.google.com/citations?user=nxHA5PoAAAAJ&hl=en
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>yet another memerson thread

Don't you get tired of posting the same thread everyday?

Hes a scam artist like faith goldy or Lauren southern. Just playing a part to rake in betabux. So funny how easily fooled pol is.

Eh. I got some problems with Peterson but I really doubt he's a scam artist.

Twelve rules, twelve broken. From cover to cover, this book has little to offer. Another man, telling how to live, another shill, with nothing to give. He leads by word and not by deed, he is not like water and does not truly lead. His words put into your mouth, another book sold, and on the way, plenty of stories told. Sure it is great, to stand against oppression, but to exchange it for another is another degression. Fighting against the dominance hierarchy, to become one himself, his book does not deserve, to be on my shelf.

Peterson BTFO for the rest of eternity

twitter.com/jordanbpeterson/status/952345392619847680?lang=en

You were saying?

Peterson btfo. Notice how Peterson posters always refuse to acknowledge Brand

What is it with these so-called /ourguys/ taking advantage of their fanbase? I once watched an Alex Jones podcast and it was full of ads about mugs, and some coffee beans.

don't forget juices full of brain-activating chemicals that release your manliness from the government-induced cage it's being put in, which apparently contain soy

woah he actually sells stuff?
what a fucking scam artist!

I don't about his book but Peterson has given me some great book recommendations. Gulag Archipelago was great, I couldn't find Carl Jung's archetype book so I read Memories, Dreams and Reflections instead and I actually quite liked the New Testament. Gospel of Mathew was clearly the best one though, John was full of shit.

>jung
>cultural christian
He's just a LARPer.

Aren't we on, at least, Peterson thread 3 now? I don't get it. If Veeky Forums hates him so much then why all the threads about him daily? Makes no fucking sense.

Hey buddy if you really wanted to get rid of a Peterson thread you would make a more interesting thread instead of replying to this one.

10/10 would steal again

There are two sides to Peterson's online presence:
>based professor DESTROY feminist leftist nutjob / "You can't force me to respect you"
>sort yourself out, be a good person, here is all the advice your father should have given you

This unusual juxtaposition makes it difficult to figure out how to categorize Peterson. This is why I think there's so much discussion about him on Veeky Forums.
I would call him an intelligent person with genuinely good intentions who suffers from occasional pseud tendencies and who has a bit of a savior complex.

>I would call him an intelligent person with genuinely good intentions who suffers from occasional pseud tendencies and who has a bit of a savior complex.
this

Selling stuff is one thing (I must admit the carpet looks nice) but commodifying his brand (limited edition signature) is another

>This is why I think there's so much discussion about him on Veeky Forums.
Or maybe Peterson shills are out in full force, posting any recent thing he is up to.

i've converted to petersonism, used to hate him cuz how much his ppl would spam, but after listening to his book, i love seeing all the little fedora tipping trannies who refuse to give up their cartoons and get a job being trigged to death

Yeah that's part of it too. A good chunk of his fanbase are just riding the hype train and waiting for the next meme moment to happen like the Newman interview.
His subreddit is a perfect example of this, a complete train wreck of circlejerking worshippers.

There is a third side:
>there is a deeper physiological meaning to media and art consisting of wisdom on how to overcome certain obstacles in life, this is not relative and deeply embedded in the human psyche as jung and campbell showed. The post-modern problem of an indefinite set of interpretations can be fixed by narrowing it down to those which help you survive in the world. Oh and by the way free will exists.

It's a shame that most of Peterson's fans or detractors have never read or watched Maps of Meaning and instead he appears to them as either the cool internet dad or the savage SJW destroyer. Kinda like Dawkins is no longer known for The Selfish Gene, but rather fedora tier atheism.

How's commodifying your brand (aka selling stuff with your name/logo on it) a scam?

Do you know actually knows what is a scam?

st

nice

of course not

>I would call him an intelligent person

He wrote a self-help book.

>t. cynical pathetic loser
Oh no, telling people what they can do to better their lives. How dare he?

I've got some advice on how you can improve your life faggot. Kill yourself. Now pay me for my unparalleled wisdom.

Why are you such a bitter cunt? Who hurt you, user? You can talk to me.

The Great Carpet Fiasco was scandalous, but other than that he's pretty much the opposite of a scam artist. He literally puts all his lectures up online for free. That's insane. It's not surprising that people are willing to donate to his patreon given all the free shit he is giving away.

>He literally puts all his lectures up online for free

they're not his to marketise. he can't charge people for watching videos of UoT lectures

>Ovid was a scam artist
>Cicero was a scam artist

I'm not . I just wanted to tell someone to kill themselves because I really want to kill myself. I'm the one who hurt me and I do it again and again without learning from my mistakes.

His bible series is not hosted or paid for by UoT.

You get autists who hype him up to unreasonable levels so that people (like in this thread) also sperg out and constantly smear him. It's tiresome and happened so often with so many people.

twitter.com/jordanbpeterson/status/961689858224934915

>self-help books

Vomit.

Cynical cunt.

Would you like to buy a magic carpet?

Pretty good bro even though I do like Peterson

It's an OK book desu. Haven't read any self help books apart from being memed into reading How to Win Friends.

What's his free will argument? I can't remember but it sure made that autist Harris as buttflustered as his affectless as is capable of.

Embarassing

>free will
you mean that thing that nobody can define, and that is totally unecessary for explaining human behavior but that people persist in clinging to for reasons that asbolutely have nothing to do with our culture being based on a religion that holds that free will is very important

No, the thing that allows us to imprison people because if they didn't have free will and all things are determined by prior events, they aren't responsible for their actions and thus it would be a moral wrong to punish them for something beyond their control.

if you knew more about neuroscience HAHAHAHA you’d know this is wrong

no im pretty sure you meant the thing i said. because the thing you said sounds like a legal concept whose value rests in utilitarian morality

retard
you don't have free will in punishing them either so it isn't wrong

At least you read Free Will. I'm still working on it.

wew what an argument

You want me to frame it in absolute morality? Are you getting Calvinist on me?

im saying it has nothing to do with free will
you can have humans inventing legal concepts without them having free will

Determinism is the taking the ball and going home with it of arguments.

The book that saved Western Civilization

it's the logical argument. we are automatons, cretaed by dna, blah blah, you know the story

there is no need to add in anything else

But then we're all incapable of any sort of rationality or logic and everything is a post-hoc rationalization driven entirely by prior experience. Your argument is self defeating.

he's studied a lot of shit and spent his life working it into helping people as a psychologist and working it into lectures. all the time spent cultivating and studying has given him a decent command of language on said subject he discusses. he shares the information. what's the big deal? everyone is working off of someone or multiple someones from the past, that's how it goes. what's the big fucking problem?
he's making money off of it? SO??!! any pleb complaining about that would do it in a second if they had the chance. welcome to living in a society where you have to make money to survive, and the more you make the more comfortable and easy it is to travel and eat and live and everything else, dumb cunts. he talks out against cults and is passionate about what he's learned and believes. i don't want to suck his dick, but i've learned from him and glad he's doing what he's doing.

christ.

why would logic require free will? logic is just applying rules to sets of data gleaned from experience

And I can make a perfectly logical argument as to why it's okay to eat babies.

Incarceration should be a form of rehabilitation, not punishment. This is perfectly compatible with determinism.

>deriving an non-ought from an is
My illiterate detector just exploded

..yeah you could. Some animals do eat their babies, it's actually pretty common. Youre unlikely to convince humans it's a good idea though

I don't remember his exact scientific objections, but I think it boils down to that the science isn't in yet and that we don't even know what consciousness is, but I could be remembering it wrong and simply projecting my own views on Peterson here. His philosophical objection however was that despite being told and maybe even believing that people don't have free will, they still act like as if they did, people act as if their actions and decisions actually mattered and society is structured like that. Peterson uses this fact to make an existentialist claim: We all act and behave as if free will exists, which means that we believe in it despite saying the contrary.

>should
Did... did you just

Leftists hate anyone who makes a lot of money because the believe no matter what that financial success is undeserved.

we also act as though we're moral people, when our morals are completely arbitrary and inconsistent

I don't dispute his work as a psychologist, he probably helps a lot of people and that's nice. But his hysterical statements about Marxism and academics undermining western culture are simply impossible to take seriously. I can't respect anyone who goes on about something he is clearly ignorant about. Whatever else he may do, he is tacitly perpetuating the vicious fallacy of cultural Marxism within the far-right.

>If no free will, then X would not be morally wrong
>Therefore, it would be morally wrong to judge/treat X as morally wrong
I see you're determined to be a retard.

How many copies did your self-published magnum opus sell, Veeky Forumsard?

Fuck, I love some existentialism. Except for when I was 14. Judging yourself entirely by your action when your actions are 90 percent gay thoughts and masturbation isn't a good time.

They're not. Have you ever killed another person?

>vicious fallacy of cultural Marxism
when people on the far-right say 'cultural Marxism' they just mean Critical theory, Lacan, etc. things which clearly and obviously exist and are influential. Calling that a 'vicious fallacy' is just sad

>Incarceration should be a form of rehabilitation, not punishment
It's both, actually. Some people are beyong rehabilitation though

Not good. Bad to rhyme Deed with Leads, then immediately rhyme Lead with that same Deed. Rhythm is way off for "His words put into your mouth (an uncomfortably strange turn of phrase), another book sold, and on the way, plenty of stories told."Most commas throughout are completely unnecessary and create a very stilted pattern. Worst of all--"to exchange it for another is another". Just abysmal. 10/10

>But his hysterical statements about Marxism and academics undermining western culture are simply impossible to take seriously.
No a fan of reality, are you?

i see. is it possible he's being sloppy with his language while talking about academics? that he's just pointing at a certain part of it, and not the whole?

What's interesting about Brand?

>maps of meaning will never be a successful as its dumbed down self help normie version
why

When he says neo-marxism he means intersectional social justice, which really is a problem. Also cultural marxism aka critical theory is indeed a cancerous influence. Fuck adorno.

What is critical theory?

my.mixtape.moe/fveatd.pdf

You know very well it is a far more dangerous game than just that.
Also, if you expand the meaning of cultural marxism to mean any kind of social analysis, then ostensibly this would encompass the whole of modern psychology which Peterson is practicing.

>Also, if you expand the meaning of cultural marxism to mean any kind of social analysis
No one does this. What are you even referencing?

it just means criticism of society which is clearly Marx-esque, ie. it divides society into two classes, one of which is an 'oppressor' that 'exploits' the 'victim'. Forgive us for making up our own term

This philistine complaining that art and media is indoctrinating people into not questioning society and western capitalism. Critical theory pretty much invented looking at art to detect "problematic" messages.

It depends on the school, how much power the poison department has and has spread to students, and who in the administration allows it to perpetuate for fears of being on the news for allegations of ism.

Cultural marxism = neo-marxism, critical theory, marcuse-influenced new left, antonio gramsci
not vicious, not a fallacy, it's actual ideology that exists

Didn't know that Veeky Forums was that woke.

Enjoyable read.

>As a result of my studies, I have come to believe that Marxism is a murderous ideology. I believe its practitioners in modern universities should be ashamed of themselves for continuing to promote such vicious, untenable and anti-human ideas, and for indoctrinating their students with these beliefs. I am therefore not going to mouth Marxist words. That would make me a puppet of the radical left, and that is not going to happen. Period.

He is not being sloppy with language, he is consciously promoting an alarmist, McCarthyist agenda aimed at the boogeyman of the the evil communists who are ruining everything in our society. This is explicitly political in the worst possible way. Maybe he should take some lessons from the murderous marxist ideolog, and base his comments on a sober socioeconomic analysis without hyperbole.

Marxists are at least as bad as Nazis, so if we're being McCarthyist, you guys have essentially raised McCarthy into your fucking God in your pursuit of anti-nazi policies

>durr hurr hahaha durrr haahhahaha cabitalizm has no agenda its nagur hahaha durrr thisss tv showww with da pawdug blacmnt not probaganxa hahaha durrrf hahahahaha im using nu gooogul erf fo show daa prowdes in reeel dime hahahha hurrrr

Has Marxist ideology ever done anything good?

Michael Bay introduced the Solzhenitsyn to the mainstream (see The Rock)

"the opposite of love is not hate. its indifference"

think about it senpai

Yes just don't call Foucault or Derrida Neo-Marxist or Culturally Marxist because it is patently false, although many of the area were Neo-Marxist progeny that was about the time they realized trying to critique materialist dialectic and class struggle wasn't valid anymore

"as a result of my studies" "i have come to believe" "i believe"

doesn't feel alarmist to me. feels like he's ardent as fuck about that particular subject, probably because his studies have coincided with IRL experiences in the academic environment.

Did you ever even read that PDF? It's fucking retarded and spends a grotesque effort on shit-smearing critics of "cultural Marxism" as antisemites.

Who is this clown anyway? Is it you? It's the only reason I can imagine as to why you'd cite him as some sort of authority on the subject.

scholar.google.com/citations?user=nxHA5PoAAAAJ&hl=en

He doesn't call them that, but rather he blames their lingering memes for producing intersectional social justice which he calls neo-marxist.