He doesn't read living poets

>he doesn't read living poets

>he doesn't read living poetry

so you do read living poets?

I did, until Ted kicked the bucket.

gross

Thanks for your contribution, user. Let me meditate on that before I get back to you.

i like her poem about stars and mars n shit.
I lived in the same city she was born in for a bit.
Fairfield: its hot sweddy and gross
and half of the pop. is negroes.

the author is dead you dumgum

nice trips but simon armitage is still alive and heavily influenced by hughes and auden. i was worried for a second he'd died because he is a bit of a fat fuck and that could happen

>he didnt get banned for making a thread like this
i did.

i posted
>he reads fiction.

all of you faggots reported me i got banned and yet here the nigger is making thread after thread kys

sorry user we though you were him

>mods confirm poetry>non-fiction
I see nothing wrong with this.

i'm trying to shame lazy anons into diving further into the heart of literature. you're just some Veeky Forums poster that's too lazy to consume art.

neat, i need to get a copy of Life on Mars, because the stuff of hers i've read online is p good.

you're what is wrong with this board
you're also whats wrong with this board

what's wrong with this board is alexander pope LARPers and illiterates who don't understand the basic devices in poetry

>you're what is wrong with this board
>he doesn't like poetry
I think you'll find you're what's wrong with this world
www.youtube.com/watch?v=37QUUwp9xIs

nigga poetry isn't about meter or devices -- its about singing from your goddamned soul

wow i bet you feel real good about the fact that you read Tracy K. Smith. i bet you're colored. instead of posting some of her poetry and being completely ignored you decided to make a meme thread for (You)s. well, congratulations. i hope all this attention will keep you motivated to continue you reading POETRY. hahahah. later loser i have some history to study.
i read poetry i just dont think this thread is benifiting the board at all

both of you are silly

>instead of posting some of her poetry and being completely ignored

I've never seen a thread on Veeky Forums that was for the discussion of poetry (besides bashing rupi kaur and insta-poets) ever. This board is self-centered wanking about how intelligent everyone here is.

>hasn't read Walt Whitman
>hasn't read T.S Eliot
>hasn't read ee cummings
>hasn't read Emerson

Ask me how I know you're retarded.

sorry i meant to post beasley boulevard, the version updated for self fellating pseudotoff nonces like you, you gentrifying hipster fuck

I just made this thread before I responded to you earlier
no one cared. because of posters like you making trash thread this board stays lame af a bunch of 20 somethings no actual discussion of literature

a lot of time, to keep bumps up, poster will encourage OC as well as poems people read. those threads just get overrun by poets wanting compliments.

i've made this thread before and sometimes it'll create some sharing of living poets.

ive only ever liked two poems

The Raven, and On Pain

Try Swinburne

you could make an actual thread where people share the poems they've discovered and enjoy but no one would respond because this board and site is full of pseuds

later this is a complete waste of time

>posts wyatt
>I DIED I DIED AND YOU REGARD ME NOT REEEEEs off the board
good

Who tf hasn't read eliot and cummings at some point?
i'm working through leaves of grass slowly, but admittedly i don't like it as much as other american poets around the same time

I know it's been a few years now lads, but I still forget Heaney's dead

McGough's still alive but he's probably going to die soon too

:(

I'm sorry user. iktf, i was just getting really into ashbery when it happened

This thread sounds better than your's. Ignoring modern works is a bad idea, being a non-fiction exclusive tard is just a sign of autism.

This

You better be baiting

I like Wyatt

With music strong I come, with my cornets and my drums,
I play not marches for accepted victors only, I play marches for conquer’d and slain persons.

Have you heard that it was good to gain the day?
I also say it is good to fall, battles are lost in the same spirit in which they are won.

I beat and pound for the dead,
I blow through my embouchures my loudest and gayest for them.

Vivas to those who have fail’d!
And to those whose war-vessels sank in the sea!
And to those themselves who sank in the sea!
And to all generals that lost engagements, and all overcome heroes!
And the numberless unknown heroes equal to the greatest heroes known!

Why am I supposed to find this good? Explain in to me please.

I can't tell you why its good--either you feel poetry or you don't. Are you a STEMfag?

No, I like Herrick, Herbert, Marvel and the other great English poets of that time period. Why is this poem good? It's not comparable in any way to the greatest. The few somewhat good lines in that poem are wasted.

>simon armitage is still alive and heavily influenced by hughes and auden
I don't think he can hold a candle to either of them t.b.h.

he's definitely as good as hughes. auden's hard to top though