Is your decision truly yours?

Is your decision truly yours?

>“What is it, what nameless, inscrutable, unearthly thing is it; what cozening, hidden lord and master, and cruel, remorseless emperor commands me; that against all natural lovings and longings, I so keep pushing, and crowding, and jamming myself on all the time; recklessly making me ready to do what in my own proper, natural heart, I durst not so much as dare? Is Ahab, Ahab? Is it I, God, or who, that lifts this arm? But if the great sun move not of himself; but is as an errand-boy in heaven; nor one single star can revolve, but by some invisible power; how then can this one small heart beat; this one small brain think thoughts; unless God does that beating, does that thinking, does that living, and not I. By heaven, man, we are turned round and round in this world, like yonder windlass, and Fate is the handspike. And all the time, lo! that smiling sky, and this unsounded sea! Look! see yon Albicore! who put it into him to chase and fang that flying-fish? Where do murderers go, man! Who’s to doom, when the judge himself is dragged to the bar? But it is a mild, mild wind, and a mild looking sky; and the air smells now, as if it blew from a far-away meadow; they have been making hay somewhere under the slopes of the Andes, Starbuck, and the mowers are sleeping among the new-mown hay. Sleeping? Aye, toil we how we may, we all sleep at last on the field. Sleep? Aye, and rust amid greenness; as last year’s scythes flung down, and left in the half-cut swaths—Starbuck!”

no but i should still be punished if society thinks i should. i cant go around nilly dilly just killing people, although what i think is myself shouldnt really be blamed.

Why do you care faggot?
Do you control your emotions?
Can you control how you care about things?

Do you know how to care about caring?

Seriously, what does it matter to you?
I'll answer OP seriously if you answer the above questions. (Notice these answers are up to you individualy, and may not be true for me)

If you are serious, I wont judge your action but I'll judge you in to different ways
Either;
> actually thinks this way
>is in denial about him self (creates a 'demon')
>casts blame onto others by not owning his own self
>shows a split in personality, IE he think his ego is seperate from his being

Or
>is bait

Depend of what u think u are, i can say yes if i accept to be a context, a situation with multiples factors not isolable

everything I will to be, is

Oh guts, don't let them stop you, your cause is just, you are the hero.

Who else but yours would they be, and do you have single reason or piece of evidence to suggest your decisions aren't your own?

Not at all.
>you speak words
>english words
>mouth movements and guttural muscle activity
>you never have invented a single word
>all words come from before you
>they change meaning all the time
>they're attached to an image--that image might not be the same for you, as it is for someone else
>they just arrive in your head
>you use them to convey what you mean
>you might have never actually really communicated how you were feeling to any human being ever

Nah. I only recognize a decision as mine after the fact. When I assume my place as cause, between desire and effect.

This only applies if you identify yourself with the Christian concept of the soul. Do away with that nonsense and you'll soon realize that your inner drives are not separate from yourself and that it is completely valid to be proud of your virtues.

Why else would I despair?

>compatibilism
the future is already set in stone but you can't operate as it is

I live in the interstice because I have become aware of the truth, and so I am master of my corporeal world through understanding of will in the world of forms

No it's mine

They are now.
There are a lot of people who try to manipulate your ways.

propriety is a spook

Fucking Melville

It better be, or I'm gonna punch whoever stole it from me.

I think we should reform society to punish creatures like you.

I've just been convinced to finally read Moby Dick.

At least it is true that man has no control, even over his own will.

I think we should reform society to punish creatures like you.

Obviously not. Free will implies that some part of your brain can override cause and effect relations, which it can't. The variables involved in these relations are so numerous and imperceptible that it feels like we've come to an independent decision but I honestly don't understand how you can delude yourself into thinking it actually was independent.

And of course there's the boring physiological reality of our "conscience" which in itself shows how the entire concept is dumb.

Who cares tho really. It feels like we have free will so we might as well live as if we do.

Basically this

Yes, Guts (ガッツ, Gattsu).

I forgive Griffith and Gattsu, my words are for them and my books are so they can, as characters, find peace.

I will write kindly, for I am Kind.