Read Ancient Indian philosophy

>read Ancient Indian philosophy
>Arjuna: "What surprises you about people?"
>Krishna: "When they suffer, they ask, "Why me?". When they prosper, they never ask, "Why me?"

>read Modern British philosophy
>"All Bachelors are Unmarried Men."

Horrible thread

So Krishna just confirmed that he hung out with a bunch of cunts?

>be Hindu
>worship a God of Pseuds

analytic philosophy is some of the pseudest shit ever perpetrated by academia

its the reason they all deserve to be liquidated, sociology and analytical philosophy are crimes against humanity

sociology started off good but it turned to utter shit at some point, i was skimming through some kids soc 101 textbook last summer and it was so uncritical, i mean it was hyper critical of "dominant culture" which is to say stuff white ppl like, but it was completely uncritical as to why african americans fail at life, there are few women in stem, etc. it was full of "criticism" but did nothing to foster critical thinking, i can usually get down with a lot of lefty shit and love to do marxian class analysis of various shit just to keep my lefty cred up at work, but like this was unforgivably bad shit, sociology really is no longer an academic discipline despite being taught in academia, very bad

analytic philosophy is one of those things where your kneejerk reaction to how dumb its practitioners are is so strong that assume that you must actually be the dumb one, because entire generations worth of people with demonstrably high IQs and great talent for mathematics and such couldn't possibly be so stupid

but the more you delve into it the more you realize that analytic philosophers really are just the stupidest most retarded people ever to live. it's like a mind disease or something

imagine how much better the world would be if all the giants of analytic philosophy had just become good mathematicians, instead of horrid philosophers

t. never read Wittgenstein

to be fair wittgenstein isnt an anglo

i've read wittgenstein a lot, that's why i hate analytics

the first thing he does in the tractatus is assblast frege out of existence for not realizing that logic is tautological

then he waits 20 years and comes back to rape frege's entire family with the Philosophical Investigations, whose original title was "Why Analytic Philosophy Was Completely Retarded From the Start and Every Single Analytic Philosopher is Wrong"

then this kripke guy comes along and MISINTERPRETS wittgenstein to continue doing exactly what wittgenstein was crticizing

>assume that you must actually be the dumb one, because entire generations worth of people with demonstrably high IQs and great talent for mathematics and such couldn't possibly be so stupid

same thing happened with marxism, and i think now we can all look back on the last 150 years of that shit and admit it all amount to a handful good insights and a hell of a lot of farce, someday analytic philosophy will be looked at the same way

The baghavad Gita isn't a work of philosophy you cunt it's a religious text

I agree with all of that, but I think most of his criticism was directed at analytic positivists (e.g. Frege) rather than at analytics in general. But you're right that he doesn't fit the label in the slightest, I assumed that you classed Wittgenstein as an analytic, like most people, which seems to have been rash.

What bothers me more than anything is fucking Quine ripping of Wittgenstein's criticism of analyticity in the Tractatus and passing it off for his own benefit like it's some kind of great discoverty

It does philospphy better than the retarded useless garbage (((philosophers))) spout out.

The Nyāya school is very, very analytical

t. fellow Indian philosophy enthusiast

Sociology started off well though

t. buttblased contemporary continental ''philosophers''

No such thing as ''Indian Philosophy''

>nyaya
sounds like some weeaboo shit

I chuckled

>All Bachelors are Unmarried Men
proof?

>prosper
>ask God: "Why me?"
>tfw a whitu pigu better than 4000 years of jejune poolosophy

>Read indian philosophy
>guy gets killed by leopard
>Read British philosophy
>Jim Corbett kills man-eating leopard in India

How did Wittgenstein rebuke analytic philosophy? I know he tried to murder Karl Popper but that was more a personal issue.

Sociology used to be /pol/ as fuck

Holy shit, did it scalp him?!?

This, only pseuds and idiots dismiss sociology.

Yeah. Thank god Pajeet has brass knuckles, or else it would've been much worse.

Frege wasn't a positivist. You know nothing of analytic philosophy

i want to know the outcome of this rap battle

leopard was tranquilized, pajeet got a lot of stitches.

>When they prosper, they never ask, "Why me?"

but they do. There are plenty of successful people who feel so unworthy of success that they can't get any pleasure from it. Even if the british shit is tautological at least its true lmao

>why isnt logic the same as morals

Unfortunately it's probably the most dry of the classical Indian schools

Then again I'm biased towards enjoying religious mysticism

nitwits

hilarious post