Recent purchases/stacks

Recent purchases/stacks

Why are all those books suspiciously the same height

they're all readers digest

what will one gain from reading all those books?

Is Reader's Digest a worthwhile publication? It seems like every old person I've met has a bunch of Reader's Digest.

Hopefully enjoyment?

I mostly read nonfiction at pretty good rate of wpm and still comprehend at least 90%.
How long does one read novel like that? I'm concerned that fast-reading doesn't work in this case.

doubtful the OP will actually read any of them, most likely just eye candy for the shelf.

tfw you've read most of them

not op tho

Knawledge

They generally print abridged versions.

Hey I’m very new to Veeky Forums, just been here for a few days. Haven’t read much since I was a teenager and want to get back into it. Borrowed all these so far (except BNW and Lolita which I bought recently). Started with BNW as I figured it’d be one of the least challenging, loving it so far.

Is this a decent set to start with? Any recommendations (within or outside of this stack) on what to read next?

nice memes, read em

Tell your family they have decent tastes.

>oh neat richard yates
>it's actually tao lin

>buying in hardback books which you can read everyday online for free
You fuckedup son.

usually books printed as part of the same series are the same height, unless it's the penguin history of europe series, in which case go fuck yourself

My Grandfathers favorite author, so I bought the 14 book The Sacketts series.

I see this author a lot in the western sections, would you recommend his books? Any other good western authors?

hey boys

Read Cultelure of Critique and Race Evolution and Behaviour

>

Not OP, but when I finish a pdf I like I get the physical book as either a decoration for my shelf or to finish reading with since I like paper better

Sorry if english bad Estonian user here pls no bully

Most recent acquisitions.

Yeah, he's pretty much the king of the genre.

>he can't understand books written by men with doctorates Evolutionary psychology
Lmao senpai Veeky Forums might be more your speed

Gargantua nice!

Why would you default to pushing your idealogue bullshit instead of something actually worth reading

You don't like literature, you like ideology and looking smart.

Reading those two books is extremely eye-opening actually. It's like the most pure trangsression that exists in our society, with nice footnotes and everything

>Evolution Race and Behaviour in a nut shell

ERB actually pisses off WNs because it points out that East Asians score above them on all the metrics that Whites score above Blacks

Every white nationalist accepts that East Asians score higher on IQ test you retard.

White nationalism isn't about supremacy it's about understanding that diversity in culture and race always leads to group conflict/hostility and that we perfer our own people like you would perfer your own family to strangers

I have encountered quite a lot of wewuzzing about 'creativity' and 'originality' when talking to WNs about IQ and East Asians

I'll admit there are some brainlets who don't quite grasp the ideology, (the same could be said with any political ideology from libertarianism to marxism) and who only like to spout edgy memes

There is no racial disparity in racial creativity since IQ (actually g to be technically correct) is highly correlated to creativy and not much else.

What some we wuzzing may refear to is that while white have an IQ of 98-101 compared to East Asians IQ of 103-106, the standard deviation of whites is 15 while East Asians are 13 which would mean that a round 135 whites start to have more genius level individuals per capita. If you look on the lower end there are also way more whites who are quite bluntly morons compared to East Asians.

While the Asians certainly had great empires, certainly better than Eroupens untill the 17th/18th century, the reasons that Eureopeans started to out perform was that our geniuses started to outperform these geniuses. The cream rises to the top and you only remember the highest achievers.

Since individuals like Kant or Aristotle must have intellegances in the 140s to 160s you would expect the highest achievers to be white.

Love those HF Ullmann art books, they've got the right ammount of reproductions, art history, biography and art analysis and they're not coffee table books filled with gibberish like Taschen's. Looking to buy the Pieter Bruegel one after I read the two in the image, having already read the Ingres and Piero della Francesca ones.

Muy bueno, amigo.

>White nationalism isn't about supremacy

>While the Asians certainly had great empires, certainly better than Eroupens untill the 17th/18th century
Absolute pleb. GTFO.

>diversity in culture and race always leads to group conflict/hostility

Only if a group thinks they are superior or inferior to the other.

Get the fuck out brainlet piece of shit.
Cookie-cutter worthless animal, what the fuck would you even leave reddit for.

Q.E.D.

>While the Asians certainly had great empires, certainly better than Eroupens untill the 17th/18th century
Like what? Other than the one middle kingdom, oh bland homogenous agrarian steppe rapebabies
The best empires were in the near east and Med

So never?

ITT consumerism

Absolutely disgusting.

>Sand niggers conflicts
>Empires usually only lasting a few generations

Read Coming Apart or Bowling Alone and then stop being a fag

>buying second hand books to read for enjoyment is bad
Boy, the state of Veeky Forums

My Q1 2018 stack

>buying books you'll read once and never again
I wanted to write something bad, but I remembered that it's hard to get money as a writer and that you're helping the literary community by buying books

for what purpose

Not a single white nationalist in the history of man has ever had a problem with asians scoring higher in IQ tests.

Stop lying

this poster has a personality disorder

you guys tried to lie about Jews iq and you constantly lie about Asian ingenuity by obfuscating with appeals to their supposed untrustworthiness. Every single time Asian achievement is brought up, or Jewish, you try to belittle it and degraded its value to the world. You're the worst kind of cowardly ressentiment filled niggers of the soul.

>the worst kind of cowardly ressentiment filled niggers of the soul.
that would be anarchists and communists. WNs at least have the balls to have an unpopular ideology, but otherwise yeah I agree

Remember Charlottesville?

Tender Is the Night
Confusion (Zweig)
Homage to Catalonia

how do you feel about yourself after doing that

I read Treasure Mountain, and is it really supposed to be so bland, writing wise?

Honestly, I'm the guy who reads On Conics and people like me MORE than YOU. You are a shitstain on this board, stop posting this autistic fucking image. Thanks.

Did the same and spent over $200. A little pissed because I found out they actually send you used books and pass them off as new. One had very loose binding with a stain on the top side. One page was also peeling (constructed in layers?) and bent back. Never seen anything like it. Otherwise, perfect quality.

If you ordered them directly from Folio Society, contact their customer service department, they have a very good return policy for damaged books. I've ordered a dozen or so books from their catalogue, and all have been brand new and shrink-wrapped.

If you bought them used, caveat emptor.

You're more meme than man at this point.

As poorfag for life I can only feel like shit when I spend a lot of money on luxury goods.

It was new and with shrink wrap. Bought many before and every single one had tight binding upon opening. This one did not. The stain is minor but the page peeling is actual damage. Pretty sure they tried to pass off a used book as new. Cost was nearly $70.

You should definalety contact Folio's customer service department. Typically, they'll just ask you to return it and send a new copy.

>doubtful the OP will actually read any of them, most likely just eye candy for the shelf.
>already halfway into Grapes
kek

have to start somewhere I suppose

Are you enjoying your 3D cover on BNW?

Its a start. Good luck user

Reposting the same again, reading "The Diary of a Chambermaid" now.

oliver strange, "sudden" series

>you guys tried to lie about Jews iq and you constantly lie about Asian ingenuity by obfuscating with appeals to their supposed untrustworthiness.
user i don't know what the fuck you are talking about, every white nationalist knows its own race, they know that jews and asians have on average a higher IQ than white people, but they know also about asian hormonal problems and jewish materialistic culture, white nationalists agree that the white race is the most balanced of all races, but not "THE SUPERIOUR ON EVERY ASPECT!!!"
Also, kys

Today’s haul

WHY DOES THIS IMAGE NEVER GET ANY REPLIES. IS IT THE TAO LIN?

>everyone reading the same books

So sophisticated.

What do you read, you precious little ubermensch?

Don't be proud, Grapes is so fucking boring, probably the worst one you bought mate

Way of Kings and Reading Lolita in Tehran, actual modern and relevant works for today’s world.

I read textbooks, when was the last time you cracked open a Polya you prick