Why haven't you read all his books yet, user?

Why haven't you read all his books yet, user?

Other urls found in this thread:

gregmankiw.blogspot.com.au/2009/02/news-flash-economists-agree.html
scholars-stage.blogspot.sg/2015/05/the-chinese-strategic-tradition.html
youtu.be/BvdWTcZ4XG8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>sowell

Because conservatives are intrinsically anti-intellectuals.

Sowell's works are based.
However, he sometimes cites his own books which is delightful yet frustrating.

because i hate crapitalism and i REALLY hate pee market crapitalism

People citing themselves always makes me think of A Confederacy of Dunces, because Ignatius does that in one of his "essays" about Boethius.

Get Stirner out of that pic you fuckscum

Because Stiglitz is a superior mainstream economist, if I have to pick one.

because he's a dumb fuck

I'm working on it

Hofstadter is brilliant. He just fucks himself over by not making his books "about" anything.

Midwit? Does that mean middlebrow or bullshit?

A
MAN
AMONG
MY MENTOR

because he's a cuckservative

This image is a grace of God

No reason.

Because he's an Uncle Tom whose only claim to fame or relevance is being the Republican party's black friend. All he does is cherry pick statistics to advocate the business as usual conservative agenda. I mean, for god's sake, the man denies climate change. He's not a scientist.

Do you copy and paste this reply in every single Thomas Sowell thread?

Everything is fine except for the Prince. The Prince is a divine book, full of genuine advice on how to behave.

>he doesn't know what copypasta is

No wonder you post in a thread about a shit-tier author

user, we both know that's not how copypasta works. For shame.

That said, there is nothing about Thomas Sowell that makes me genuinely WANT to read him, but I might read a book of his down the road. I just genuinely hope he's not Hayek-lite.

What exactly is it with republicans and their statistics and facts anyways?

I find his analysis to be unapologetically one-sided on a lot of things, like rent control. He often leaves out key information in his arguments that would at least make you consider the other side of the story, which he shouldn't do when teaching things like economics.

What information does he leave out?

Shit, I own eight of those titles. Also, what's wrong with Machiavelli and Sun Tzu?

Because I'm a black redneck.

people talk about them too much on Veeky Forums and Veeky Forums only likes things that normies don't know about

Not American

I got stuck after realising I don't know where to go after the Greeks

Kill yourself my man

What's the whole deal with conservatives and having all the facts and being morally superior anyway? BAKA

>This is "biased" to the pseud

gregmankiw.blogspot.com.au/2009/02/news-flash-economists-agree.html

>"A ceiling on rents reduces the quantity and quality of housing available. (93%)"

scholars-stage.blogspot.sg/2015/05/the-chinese-strategic-tradition.html

The downside is that very little has been done to analyze or systematize what these works have to say. [6] The myopic obsession with the Sunzi has hindered those with a background in strategic theory from the rich potential of the rest of the corpus, while the majority of scholars who specialize in these texts focus their research on the ethical, metaphysical, or epistemic claims made inside them. Thus we find ourselves in an odd situation where figures like Xunzi (old style: Hsun-tzu, d. 238 BC)--the most sophisticated thinker of the pre-imperial era--has had dozens of books and essays written about his thought, but none (to my knowledge) devote significant attention to Xunzi's theory of victory, despite the fact he thought the topic of armed conflict enough important to devote an entire treatise to it.

I wish someone had told me this guy was a Veeky Forums meme, and not to be taken seriously. I actually read one of his books. He's just another Chicago School idiot.

because im a brainlet that doesnt read

because he sucks

buzz osbourne from the melvins likes him. thats all i need to know

He's a /pol/ meme, not a Veeky Forums meme.

youtu.be/BvdWTcZ4XG8

he's a joke

>man among my mentor
?

He's posted way more on /pol/ than Veeky Forums

Also
>projection

There is literally nothing wrong with Sowell's economics textbooks or Aurelius

Go back to struggling through the communist manifesto lmfao

>all of these climate scientists thought up global warming to make money
>99% of the world's scientists are colluding in some kind of for profit scheme
>it can't be that the 1% who dissent are funded by the extant multi billion dollar corporations who stand to lose money by cutting back emissions
so this is the power of right wing economics

To make such assertion you'd have to explain all the conservative intellectuals. You could make an assertion that conservatism as a system of thought/belief is intrinsically anti-intellectual and intellectual adherents of it are just misguided, but it wouldn't be correct either.

This has nothing to do with his economic views dumbass

>An economist isn't a scientist
Whoa....

>Soywell

I read a bunch when I was a kit like +10 years ago, but don't remember which. Pretty formative.

I've read about 2/3 of these, and the other 1/3 are sitting on my ereader. Am I a pleb?

While it's hard not to concede that all of these presented in relation to one another are decidedly midwit, there is a lot of variation in quality represented here.

For instance, Sowell is scholar, who's work in economics is taken seriously by those in the field. By comparison, the Dilbert cartoon guy and the KEK YouTube guy are mindless media goons with no rigor.

Looking forward to his new book senpai

His stance is that all drugs should be decriminalized. Like all of them.

I can't imagine a dumber stance on anything.