Does reading Veeky Forums n. affect attention span?

yes very much so its probably as bad as snap chat or twitter or groupchats

Do you really need to ask this? You're probably sitting somewhere, refreshing this thread and hoping for a response. You're putting everything else in your life on standby in hopes of getting a shitty response from a stranger, possibly on the other side of the world, who isn't' even guaranteed to have anything worthwhile to say.

Dicktits

isn't that what people do in irl conversations?

needs more otters

the point of irl conversations is not what is said, it's the social experience. I have literally never once heard someone say something interesting irl

Sitting in your mom's basement for your entire life doesn't help user.

did you not understand my post? Im not saying it's bad to have relatonships, Im saying it's dumb to expect people to say interesting things

Attention is more about quality than about quantity/duration. It's why, even if the average attention span was nearly equivalent to that of a goldfish's for 17 years, any given human being can do significantly more than any fish.

Similarly, humans have always been great at switching contexts throughout our entire history. By comparison, animals tend to do just a few things in their day-to-day life, with little variation. The result is that our attention has become split with our many activities and yet we're still capable of high achievement during our precious moments of attention.

Did you not understand my post? I'm not saying what you think I'm saying, I'm saying you can't hear interesting things people say by sitting in your mom's basement all the time. Go outside user.

I suppose that's true if you don't know any knowledgeable/interesting people, but believe me they exist mousehole man.
>pic unrelated

The more important question is how do I get my attention span back after a decade of Veeky Forums browsing. I find it very difficult to read actual books these days....

how does one measure attention span?

>Mark E Smith is dead
Goddamn it, there goes another one

hi

Block Veeky Forums, uninstall chrome, disable any browser.
>b-but I need to g-goog
So google what you need to faggot then uninstall it again, the point is make it a bitch to go on Veeky Forums and you'll get over it.

>tfw I knew that was the answer all along but was praying for an easier way.

tell me something someone you know said that you find interesting, i bet it was trite bullshit

What this user said + try mindfulness meditation.

that's because you're not an interesting person

>mindfulness
More like mind full of crap am I right