>German
>Italian

Shit tier:
>Spanish, Portugese

Other urls found in this thread:

pompeiana.org/Resources/Ancient/Graffiti from Pompeii.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Overlord tier: English

Awful list portugese is the most underrated language w/o a doubt and russian novels the most overrated

pleb tier*

Add Latin and Biblical Hebrew to God tier, desu. I'd also put French in middle tier because all French literature is pretty nonsense.

>russian
>patrician
lol

Overlord tier:
>Ancient Greek
>Latin

God tier:
>French
>English
>German

Middle tier:
>Russian
>Italian

And the rest.

Which language is harder: German or French?

For the life of me I can't master spoken French. The sheep amount of silent letters and words makes it so hard to understand. Is German much harder? Is grammar easier than French?

>German not on top

>The sheep amount of silent letters and words makes it so hard to understand.
I don't think languages are for you.

>German is a beautiful langua-

portuguese is awesome idk what you're saying

>german isn't a beautiful language
Let me guess, you also fell for the "Chinese is ugly" meme

>

Latin seems god tier until you learn it and then you realize most Roman authors were about as profound as the average user on Veeky Forums. Caesar, for example, would be right at home shitposting about immigration on /pol/

let me guess
why are you steering the conversation away from how ugly the Grman language is

Don't patronise me. Virgil and Ovid are fantastic.

>learning Latin for the Romans
>not learning it for the Roman Catholic Tradition
hahahha

But it's not ugly you nigger

fucking french in god tier and no latin? pathetic

yes it is and don't call me a nigger, Kraut.

but it's Narzisse from the Greek myth about Narcissus who fell in love with his own reflection in a pool and died. Small daffodils often grow around pools and their flower heads droop down, making it seem as though they are looking at themselves in the water. I think that's beautiful

Fuck you it's ugly

fucking get good. how can you say that about catullus? juvenal, jerome, virgil's georgics?

Not even a kraut.

Anything but french. Only german is uglier to the ear but at least german is an interesting language.

german is not ugly. it is almost perfect.

German here

Daffodil sounds like something a baby would accidentally say
Narzisse is a beautiful Word which has background and doesn't sound like you had one beer too many

You're a pretentious prick.

>God tier:
>Russian

I'm not sure what's being implied here, here's my thoughts:
I. Language does not exist as text, French only exists as sounds, and even then the existence is a generalisation of millions of speakers. Point is learning to read isn't the same as learning to speak and hear.
II. You will get used to all the "extra letters" in French after learning how to speak, and it doesn't matter. Except less literate speakers will have a higher chance of spelling errors.

Brazillian here.
We say 'Narciso', and it's a beautiful word with etymology tracing back to the myth of Narcissus.

Anauê

git good

My favorites are russian, english, italian, french, euro portuguese, japanese. I want to learn German but it's too ugly honestly.

Daffodil sounds like Daft and Doofus. I can only imagine a retard coming up with a word that awful.
Narzisse is better in French though.

I am considering Italian.

French, Italian and Spanish are quite similar and the biggest challenge when trying to learn all of them is memorising which words mean what in which language(hurr durr duh). I oftenly mix up words from Spanish and Italian since they're so similar.

God tier:
>Icelandic/Norse
>English
>Latin
>Syriac

Mid-tier:
>Baltic
>Romanian
>French linguistically

Shit tier:
>German
>Hindi
>Chinese

Sounds gay when spoken tier:
>Spanish, Portuguese, French, Italian

What are the manliest Slavic languages? I personally think Russian sounds too soft.

>Slavic languageS
there are only 2 tbhfamalam (maybe 3 for Polish)
Balkan dialects and Russian dialects.

we drank milk. killed your best. raped your women. now you only talk like us

Are Balkan ones less pussy-tier?

>french
>good
The fuck is wrong with you user?

Someone once told me Serbian/Croatian sound the best. Especially for music.

The Polish dialect called Czech, maybe.

Great:
French
Italian

Good:
English
German
Russian
Japanese
Spanish

Meh:
Nordic languages (Danish, Swedish, Norwegian)
Finnish
Chinese
Portoguese
Hungarian

Shit:
the rest

the only answer

hungarians have fucking great literature

English towers over all others. It has by far the largest vocabulary and range of expression, besides being enriched with the best literary tradition in the world and arguably the greatest writer who ever lived (Shakespeare of course).

if you think otherwise you should cut out your cowardly, traitorous tongue.

>Muh Frensh
>Muh Ruhshin
>Muh 'Talyin

Kill yourselves

Spanish is the most aesthetic language, you are a pleb.
I think it is the best for communication and I share Borges' opinion about english being the most "physical" language.

lololol
Delusional anglos at it again

put english in middle and you got it.

t. Brazilian

>Number of authors I could name per language, in descending order: the list

>Number of authors I could name
>Italian
Are you saying there are only 4 good English writers?

I think Italian doesn't get to be top tier because it is definitely the most commonly caricatured language

I mean:
>Dante
>Calvino
>Tasso
>Ariosto
>Casanova
Do the Romans really count? They should count for the French and Spanish as well, aren't they as Roman as the Italians?

>Russian
>Acting like Italian and Spanish are that different

This has to be an American

God Tier:
Latin
German
Chinese

Pleb Tier:
the rest.

Switch German and French, boi.

Non.

Ta maman est une putain, deutsch ist besser.

2 for 3 on God Tier.
feels good.

Well Italians have a rich heritage of shitposting.

pompeiana.org/Resources/Ancient/Graffiti from Pompeii.htm

>The one who buggers a fire burns his penis

And people say Roman philosophy is shit.

>I.2.20 (Bar/Brothel of Innulus and Papilio); 3932: Weep, you girls. My penis has given you up. Now it penetrates men’s behinds. Goodbye, wondrous femininity!
>declaring that you're a faggot in a brothel
Ruthless.

i wish reddit and twitter would go away

God Tier
>Japanese
>Turkish
>Italian
>German

Middle Tier
>Irish Gaelic
>English
>Spanish
>Portuguese

Shit Tier
>Mandarin
>Arabic
>Russian
>French

They are.

Why nobody mention Greek language?
I think it's beautiful.

Switch Turkish with Russian and Gaelic with French and this list is perfect.

Turkish is shit though

>Gothic not god tier
Eastern Germanic is best germanic

underrated post

日本語が一番

Sanskrit, italian, spanish, german.

Portuguese and french sound like ass. English is too easy to be lit

this. The poetry is incredible. I wish more of it was translated as all you non-Hungarians speakers are missing out.

1. Russian
2. French
3. Hungarian
4. Chinese
5. English
the rest are all shit
>more shit than the rest tier: Swedish

>Weep, you girls. My penis has given you up. Now it penetrates men’s behinds. Goodbye, wondrous femininity!

fucking hell lol

The spread of the English-speaking peoples over the world's waste spaces has been not only the most striking feature in the world's history, but also the event of all others most far reaching in its effects and its importance.

The tongue which Bacon feared to use in his writings, lest they should remain forever unknown to all but the inhabitants of a relatively unimportant insular kingdom, is now the speech of three continents. The Common Law which Coke jealously upheld in the southern half of a single European island, is now the law of the land throughout the vast regions of Australasia, and of America north of the Rio Grande. The names of the plays that Shakespeare wrote are household words in the mouths of mighty nations, whose wide domains were to him more unreal than the realm of Prester John. Over half the descendants of their fellow countrymen of that day now dwell in lands which, when these three Englishmen were born, held not a single white inhabitant; the race which, when they were in their prime, was hemmed in between the North and the Irish seas, to-day holds sway over worlds, whose endless coasts are washed by the waves of the three great oceans.

>Shakespeare
>Greatest writer ever

Stop with this meme.

>being this new

Lithuanian is probably the oldest european language, pretty patrician if you ask me

>Caesar, for example, would be right at home shitposting about immigration on /pol/

God Tier:
Tagalog
English
Lao

Mid tier:
Swahili
Farsi
French

not totally shit tier:
Korean
Punjabi
Apache
Hmong

Narzisse sounds better
t. Mario

>Casanova
>Not Leopardi
>Not Montale
>Not Manzoni
>Not Pascoli
>etc
reeeeeeeeeeeeeee

>90% of the books and authors Veeky Forums worships is german/english/russian

Terrible list OP. I agree with Spanish being shit tier though.

Hey Veeky Forums I'm currently learning German and want to do pick up another language when I'm comfortable with it, I'm caught between Italian, French, Spanish. Give me suggestions sluts.

french for boox

God tier:
>English

Shit:
>Everything else

French

God tier: All African languages
Shit tier: the rest

Why do you people hate Russian? I was planning on starting to learn it in a few months now that I am fluent in Spanish. Should I learn French instead?

French for literature and arts, Italian for aesthetic spoken language, and Spanish if you're el monstruo atrocidad mutt.