Recent purchase thread

I ordered this from Amazon less than 48 hours ago and with free shipping yet it managed to get to me on Sunday. Book stores are dead if amazon keeps this shit up. Also BaN in my area removed all it's chairs and doesn't let people chill inside anymore. So why even fucking bother?

Recent purchase thread! post, rate, masturbate.

Wish I could say more, but those editions look nice and that Wordsworth could kill someone

Last thread I made with >pic as OP, no one actually commented on the books and instead insisted I wouldn't read any of them. Imagine that - reading books!

They look nice, none are really books that peaked my interests. Seems like a bunch a books I was forced to read in high school, like Grapes of Wrath and Treasure Island.

>peaked

>not peeked

>not pycched

Only Steinbeck I read in high school was Of Mice And Men, so I'm happy to read them

Just bought this.
Catholic edition.

got a 3 volume set of in search of lost time and 2 volume set of war and peace

>Catholic edition.
As opposed to?

Post pics

Is that EBB Aurora Leigh or does that volume perhaps contain it? If so read it. It's surprisingly good.

Non-catholic editions?

Contains it.

R8.

Pseud/10, nothing even remotely aesthetic.

fucking sexy m8
fuck off

Read it as the result of an Emily Dickinson phase I went through. It was one of her favorite poems when a young woman so I picked it up. Weirdly modern (in the way that Blithedale Romance is weirdly modern) and honestly perceptive. Far better than I expected it to be- made Robert's interest in her far more genuine, as well as his sadness at having lost her.

That sagittarius rising cover is great.

I've already slipped a note inside reminding me to read it first. I want to read Wordsworth first.

I actually bought it for the cover alone.

Absolutely. I'd recommend 1805 Prelude, but it's long and has a summertime feel..
Nonetheless it's great, easy to read, and more than a little inspirational. Basically the autobiography of his youth up to the French Revolution.

>not buying used books

>More Pseudo politics shit

Can't wait for the politics makes good writing meme to end.

Those combat manuals look pretty cool. Where'd you get them?

I got them from a military surplus vendor when I was at my last re-enacting event. the whole set cost me $20

again; as opposed to?

>lack of an argument

>Everything is an argument and a will to power

You are just as bad as the lefties and post modernist.

I dont think anyone has ever said that Tocqueville is a good writer, people dont read Democracy of America for the writing

I'm glad we agree.

Different user, what's your favorite poem at the moment? Which Yeats poem stands out the most to you? Curious and interested.

Picked up the following from a thrift shop the other day;

>The Idiot
>The Gulag Archipelago
>The Enjoyment and use of Color
> On Liberty
>Short History of Nearly Everything
>Animal Farm

I'll be set for a while.

>>The Gulag Archipelago

One of the most boring books I've ever read.

Why? Mine just came in the mail a few days ago.

You will find out soon, it just gets horribly repetitive. Don't get me wrong I accept it as an important book but it was a slog I stopped enjoying 15 minutes in.