/Atlanta meet up/

Like Boston and DC, ATL should have a meet up of its own. There's got to be at least a handful of you on this board, SO:

Tentatively, we will meet at thinking man tavern in decatur. Exact time and date will be decided after figuring out everyone's schedule.

This isn't going to be a Junto/intellectual circle like Boston's, but rather more like a book club. If the progeny of this format turn out to be bastards, so be it, but for now that's the plan.

If you're interested, contact litlanta @ gmail and let's get Veeky Forums.

I can't wait for this to end up in a cringe thread

greentext what you think it’ll be like, here’s mine:

>there’s a girl there
>everyone leaves

also OP

>the king and queen buildings
>atlanta

that aside sure it sounds like fun. im pretty close to the decatur area. ill send an email.

Should I bring my copy of Infinite Jest?

Yes it will so funny and egdy

>there's going to be a gathering of Veeky Forumstards 3 miles from my house
guess it's time to get my suicide vest and save this board

just b(ring) urself

which way, towards dekalb ave or towards e college? im the latter.

Only 3 hours away, I could come down from Knoxville I guess. Sounds fun.

>can't get into a tavern for four more months
The life of a 20 year old pseud is a hard one

around emory
no offense but I don't think I ever want to know a person who posts on Veeky Forums in real life, have fun tho

it’s not 21+

I looked it up and couldn't see any info either way so I assumed it was
But damn now I don't have a convenient out and have to actually decide whether I'm enough of an autist to talk to people from Veeky Forums in reality

Shit, man, just how many Atlanta fags are here? I may email you. Sandy Springs represent.

I’m normie passing and I met my best friend 4 years ago thru r9k. Anything can happen user :^)

that’s what I’ve been thinking since this thread. Please do email!

I live in atlanta. I think ill go and just watch you autists from a distance

I've been thinking this for years. I always see people repping ATL across multiple boards.

user I think you're vastly overestimating the autism of the average 4chinner. If anything, you'd probably be the autist of the group

so you lot live in atlanta? how does that feel? what would you say are the main characteristics of atlanta? what is the atlanta "gestalt"?

I’ve lived in Atlanta my whole life and I think it’s a really great place bc you’ve got the Southern US charm and friendliness but it’s also the 9th largest metropolitan area in the US, so like. It’s big and there’s stuff to do but in a lot of ways if you’re from here it feels like a small town. In some ways it can get to feeling a little insular, but that’s been changing a lot over the past few years. It’s also a real locus for hip hop and I mean like. This is where Outkast is from so idk what else I need to say. There’s a lot more Europeans here than you’d think, and there’s also a big Ethiopian diaspora population and like. Great food, etc. It’s just a good place. People are really friendly and kind. Lots of really cool Coke family (the Candlers) buildings around. Pretty interesting horticulture scene from what I can gather. I just think it’s a good place to be.

I’ll add though that it probably isn’t a very lit city but I think it makes up for that with the amount of really talented musicians that are from the area.

too many blacks

urban and urbane
It's a widely spread city with plenty of green to break it up, but reconstruction has turned it into a soulless vanilla pop metropolis. Theater here is dead, ASO is decent, fashion industry seems pretty hype here and it's one of the biggest film production scenes outside of Hollywood. The city gets shadier as you move south towards the airport. A lot of ATL is built around that airport, including the Marta system which is clean but sucks ass in terms of service area.
Ever since the Olympics back in 96 when they poured a few billion dollars into the place to make it look decent the city has been on the uphill. Infrastructure is better than it was and overall it has become more gentrified. There are some god-tier burger joints in town, and the barbecue is good too, although don't tell the west coast I said that. There's a fairly large Asian immigrant population here, including a good chunk of Koreans who moved here from L.A. after the 1992 riots (lmao thanks rodney). They're all over Duluth and generally pretty nice, run good businesses.
It's pretty to look at but doesn't have much character. 7/10, 8/10 if you like the weather.

Inman Park on the check-in. I never leave the house and I don't really read all that much despite that Veeky Forums is my home board, so y'all will have to make a thread afterward so I can see what it was like.

I would say this lack of character assertion is truer as you move North and completely wrong in the aforementioned “shadier” areas but what do I know.

What is the age range of people itt? I don't want to be the grandpa of the group.

It's incredibly spread out with terrible public transportation, so people drive absolutely everywhere, all the time. That's my biggest issue - it's not even remotely walkable, which is my favorite part of living in a city and the biggest reason I want to move elsewhere.
It does seem like a very community-oriented city, lots of pushes to increase education, create more of a cohesive culture for people growing up here, etc. I like that. Overwhelmingly black, but with a sizable portion of those black people actively trying to turn the city into something to be proud of and get younger black people to reject the thug lifestyle pervasive in other cities.
The white population (like my parents) generally lives in the dozens of suburbs and commutes to work in the city, which sucks because they will do everything they possibly can to prevent paying taxes, especially if those taxes go towards Atlanta itself. The Braves' stadium recently moved to the suburbs and those communities successfully fought tooth and nail against a planned expansion to the rail system that would connect it to Atlanta because muh taxpayer dollars.

Lots of good jack shacks up and down Buford highway.

The two guaranteed atendees so far are both in their 20s but there’s nothing wrong with being older. In fact older people would probably be better.

>That'll show them how not-autistic I am

I'm in my mid-thirties. Anybody else?

31 here

I've already emailed him about it

you can't stop me

Nice.

ACTUALLY, there's only 1 other confirmed attendee. No need for the posturing, anono, you're welcome to come if you want.

I promise you all that at the least it won't be a bad time. Who knows, maybe it'll be a great time with lots of intellectual stimulation and camaraderie. Can't know till you try!

how do you know that this confirmed attendee isn't me?

what will be done at the meet up

We will start with the Greeks by pairing off into couples for pederasty

are you cute? oregggg

I will ask, how "book club" are we talking here? Because I don't like the idea of having an assigned reading that the whole group reads and talks about. I hate being told what to read.

Anyone from Athens?

autism
OP make these kids start with Kant. Assignment for next week will be a 20 page paper explaining the Categorical Imperative and elaborating on at least one critical flaw.

just email us

Just to see: are there even any anons living near Cincinnati? I've always been curious if any of you lived around here.

I'm imagining the first one just being general talk and making ourselves acquainted with one another, figuring things out. After that, I don't want to call it "assigned" reading, but consensual reading, most likely. Obviously, nothing is set in stone.

Nah mate, first paper will be on the union of egoists and why the state is a necessary apparatus for its existence.