You need a near level Genius IQ (nearing 140) to write

youtube.com/watch?v=KxGPe1jD-qY

@27:25, we see Jordan say that you need a near genius level IQ to be truly creative.

of course this hard truth is ignored by brainlets

peterson is a narrow minded

Go on! Finish it!

He's a what????? What's the matter???? Stark confrontation with your own limitations?

Why do you still listen to this pleb? He got the intellectual shit kicked out of him by a superior mind long ago.

I disagree with this particular point of what he is saying. I haven't watched the video, and so have not heard his exact quote in relation to this. Peterson is very much a social darwinist, and as such appears to be fixated on the idea that we as a species are marred wherever we happen genetically. He goes against this postulation with his platitudes on self-improvement, undermining not only this aspect of his argument, but others too.

Anyone can learn to be creative to a degree. Creativity in terms of prose or verse is about mashing ideas together using specific devices taken from a literary toolbox developed over time. IQ does not necessarily determine retention of a skillset or information. We know this because of people like Kim Peek, who though coming close to being a vegetative infant in the body of a man, could retain large stockpiles of information from every book he had ever read. Most fiction is derived from a narrow selection of genres and classic stories altered in location, character and dialogue. True creativity requires a moment of brilliance and the means to execute it, nothing more.

>140
Might as well kms then

>go to the time OP suggests
>he's running his mouth about how you need to be a genius to be creative while sitting on his microphone like a dumbass

What a stupid fucking nigger, seriously. I'm really sick of his face on lit.

I dislike when people extrapolate off cherry picked hypotheticals, an example here being around 28:00 (just after OPs recommended starting point) he begins to assert all this mumbo jumbo about creativity only being evoked when it is 'necessary'.

And this isn't a new thought, in fact there's even a popular old adage that says something similar (yet less restrictive and much more eloquent) "necessity is the mother of invention" - however this quote doesn't restrict creativity to necessity as JP did by claiming rough childhoods make you more creative. IDK, that kind of stuff irks me and I almost instantly drop anyone the moment they begin these unsubstantiated claims.

I don't know what I'm looking for here, but some recommendations might be nice. I've been meaning to delve into philosophy more.

it's cellphone interference

good lord

>moment of brilliance
And those moments of brilliance are most often preceded by prolonged moments of diligent practice. The more comfortable you become in any given medium, the more connections you're likely able to see or create.

you're speaking from your own experience. Peterson's citing work based on myriad studies.

>can't counter any of his arguments

This thread has relatively little replies because it's so demoralizing to the pseuds on Veeky Forums

Tommy Wiseau's film is literally magical and inspired and this is why people like it. They like it because it is a genuine work of art, i.e. it is literally genius, whether they realize it or not. Many outsider artists who clearly have low IQs are inspired, i.e. the real thing, artists.

Bullshit. Creativity is not just intelligence, its dedication and skill to craft your art and creativity is a vague concept in and of itself. As formulaic as they are, those who write the dime a dozen comic book films have enough creativity and skill to at least make each one slightly different than the other; are they truly the intellectuals of our time?

Peterson is an intellectual powerhouse and I dare ANY of these 'pseuds' to try pose an argument against his ideas. I'll wait.

Regardless, it's clear that the majority of Veeky Forums is at the bottom of the dominance hierachy and have given up attaining value through conventional routes, thus have turned to writing in the hopes of publishing a book and moving up that way. But who are they kidding? Books are dying. There's only a small minority of young people who read, and most of those minority only do it ironically or to seem smart.

No it isn't. This is just your Mike Rowe Interpretation, you midwit.

He isn't making arguments, he's making claims. And he's repeating incessantly that all of these strictly defined Jungian personality types are "biologically determined." He does cite some studies, but he just repeats their conclusions in a general way, and doesn't at all explain how or if the studies specifically relate to his assertions.

>As the boy's dreams dwindle, as his true heart diminished within him, to a hardened mass merely pumping to keep him cloistered from death... but his death came far before the body's manifestation--and he saw all this in that instant, the arduous stretch before him to a fool's trajectory, an unerrant slog. So yes. His dreams died then. He piled the loam upon it with his justification.

What is this drivel?

>drivel

you'll never make it. lmao
>triggered brainlets can't handle when their brains are too hurty

Nonsense, you can't just write whatever you please, stand back and go IMA GENIUS LOOK HOW CREATIVE I AM!

you gotta be able to synthesize and extrapolate from other sources to truly create something of worth

Well of course any retard can write anything down on retard paper and show all the other retards.

He meant writing stuff people want to read. Which is the pipedream of all the kids here.

>be me
>autistic with an IQ of 99 - 103
>has created stuff people have liked geniunely alot before.

I don't really know if that is particularly true. I really don't think alot of the artists and writers you see today were of heavy above average intelligence, they certainly weren't dumb.

Well, considering that, how many authors went unrecognized until decades after their deaths?

People will read anything regardless if the author is driven to create something truly revolutionary. People will read about any dreck; just see all that fecking Fifty Shades nonsense.

>be autistic memelord Pessoa or Melville
>decide to wallow in self misery than promote their own work

heh

Not that other guy, but you switch between tenses, cases, and singular/plural nouns like a Skinnerian baboon. Don't try to write purple prose if you don't have a firm grasp of English language grammar.

Which people? Teachers? Parents? Friends?

Maybe they know you're autistic, and they were just being nice?

What is that? A fucking high school creative writing 101 rules?

Chill bro... it took me like two mins as a joke

a mix of that and people I've not known online, I've posted it to known anonymous users and they've seemed to enjoy it as well.

Anyways, honestly If they were acting just to make me feel good I'd be pretty insulted, I'd rather have some blunt truth be forced in my path then have myself lied to the point where I embarrass myself.

Or Gaddis who never wanted fame. In todays society you have to want to spotlight in order to be successful

you're like 18 and just learning to write, right?
it's all been one big shitpost, bruh

>muh purple prose

Getting a little defensive, are we?

>IQ does not necessarily determine retention of a skillset or information

Yes it does.

Lucky for most writers, the majority of book buyers are not particularly intelligent or discerning readers.

not really
i wasnt the meme who replied earlier
i was just memeing while stoned.
i can write way better with edits, bro. no need to sperg the fuck out on someone

Same thing with Viper the Rapper.

Now it's time for the aloof, self-minimizing "lol i wasn't even trying" tactic, is it?

I'm not necessarily speaking from own experience, there are numerous studies behind what I said as well.

But nice assumptions m8

dude it's a post on Veeky Forums in a shitposting thread

what do you think? lmfao

>
no there aren't
post them
link them
cite them
go ahead fag

What you're saying is that these writers are not even close to being considered geniuses. Therefore, you do not need a near-genius level IQ to write.

where did you go? for reals did you really take purposeful fag talk seriously while i was making fun of some sperg sperging out? why do spergs sperg so much over their sperg shit? lmfao

>Writes high school tier disjointed nonsense and expects people to find it D E E P.

Don't quit your day job.

talk shit write passage boy

Now we've moved on to the "fabricating an anonymous consensus" phase

Just because I don't have them on hand, nor do I remember where I originally read them, does not make my claim false. It could've been in Coursera's Learning How to Learn Course, whatever it was it was a similar in depth course that ended up exploring the topic of cultivating creativity at one point or another, and it was riddled with studies citing every claim and acting as sources for each lecture.

Simply envision how easy it would be for a study to demonstrate this as a finding, that experience leads to creativity. It's so intuitive that I'm having a hard time not calling you stupid for casting doubt on this.

>Adverbs
>Changing from past to present tense
>Unnecessary phrases
>Not killing your darlings
It's like you took Pessoa, removed all the relatable aspects, and blended the flow into a fine, urine-flavoured mist.

People don't actually think that IQ is a valid method of evaluating intelligence, right? Saged.

>Person who has never written any good fiction says you need X quality to be a good writer
hmmm yes please do go on

The jurtbugs wings flutter with iridescent relections of the blue sphygnia tree lightly bouncing off it. Cumjoy wakes from his slumber , hot thick semen already bursting from the top of his jet blue shaft. He turns over and digs his schlong perfectly into mother earth, Gaia, and begins thrusting.

This a place where all beings are connected through a hivemind of sexual energy.

This is the world of love.

This is the planet of SexTopia

Just brainlets looking for a way to prove how objectively smart they are, without actually having to learn anything.

Heres the requirements to be a actual creative genius.

Heavy mental illness like Autism, Schizophrenia, Bipolar Disorder, I'm geniunely stating this, even the average IQ musicians and writers with these disorders excel because of their different perspective on life.

Or like OP stated high IQ, simple as that.

Your average man wont be able to create something special but he isn't made to do so. He is only ment to live his life by the means of what he wants to do.