Top 3:
1. Ginsberg
2. Ovid
3. Rimbaud
Top tier:
Frost, Vergil, Donne
Mid tier:
Whitman, Catullus, Hughes, Stickney, Kerouac, Tennyson, Shakespeare, Tzara
Shit tier: Kapur, Angelou, Philip Sydney, William Carlos Williams, Horace, Simic

Why are (((they))) so ugly?

I've always thought Weil had a homely sort of charm to her.

I like Whitman, Baudelaire, Rimbaud, Lautreamont.

Why do I like Jewish girls so much?

Pound.

>you will never marry a pure, beautiful white woman

>1. Ginsberg
Stopped reading

name one poem Ginsberg wrote besides Howl

Ovid is not a poet in the same sense as any of the others and Ginsberg is entry level garbage.
Rimbaud is also overrated and you probably dont get him besides his character.

True, undeniable 10 best poets excluding antiquity in french and english (since I am not perfectly fluent in any other language)

Dickinson
Beadelaire
Appolinaire
Milton (any list without him is a joke)
Keats
Wordsworth
Whitman
Shakespeare
Stevens
Eluard

I liked America when I was an edgy teenager.

"I smoke marijuana every chance I get."

Those were the good old careless days for me man.

Kaddish and Wales Visitation duh

How can you place intellectually rigorous poets like Stevens next to hacks like Appolinaire or limited small-view poets like Dickinson?

Top 3:
Wordsworth
Shelley
Keats

1. Shakespeare
2. Dante
3. Homer
4. Chaucer
5. Milton
6. Virgil
7. Goethe
8. Yeats
9. Pushkin
10. Eliot

How the fuck do you argue that Ovid isn't a poet in the same sense? He follows all the literary convention of any other latin poet.

1. Nael, age 6

this is deep

One of my professors sucks Ginsberg's and Spicer's dick to no end. I like them well enough but his constant stuffing of their postmodern schlongs against his uvula is just too much.

Is Ginsberg “post modern”? I always thought his poetry was very conservative and traditional in form, even if it could be a bit transgressive in theme.

Theres more to poetry than intellectualism- Dickinson was perhaps the most talented poet since Milton. While what she wrote would never change the world, it remains immensely powerful.

Appolinaire was unbelievably modern and while too sentimental perhaps he still shadows over every french (and many english) poets since him.

Yeh there's nothing postmodern about Ginsberg at all.

Replied to the wrong guy

they’re a posture pseud

study the top six, read over and over, commit to memory. This is a far better literary education than reading a thousand average books

holy,
the child's butthole
holy
the aids penis i receive in my ass
holy
we did so many drugs
you wouldn't believe it

Girls with curly hair kill me. There's something about their nagging motherly disposition and being well-endowed that really turns me on. Jewish girls usually, from my experience, hold well enough in an argument in my experience but I know that has a lot to do with class and the culture they're brought up in. Can't be too Jewish though; there has to be a mix of European, preferably French, in them. I have only been in a relationship with one before so I assume that most of these ideas aren't much more than fetishization.

Haven't you heard? Postmodernism is now a catch-all term for 'things I don't like or agree with'

fuck whitman

The only thing that offends me about this list is calling Horace shit.