R/books thread

r/books thread

>and I thought that because windmills just go around and around, he probably sees it as a metaphor for a meaningless/purposeless life
Holy... I want more

>and I thought that because windmills just go around and around, he probably sees it as a metaphor for a meaningless/purposeless life
I mean he’s just guessing but what the fuck

I don't know which of them is more retarded.

This is a good interpretation but it really shows how pretentious and "existentially witty follow me on twitter" these people are. How can you draw an existentialist connection in one of the ver first novels written in the XVII century is beyond me.

I cant fucking tell with is more retarded.
Imagine being this stupid, Christ.

Just finished Don Quixote and am convinced now that the windmill part only became a meme because it happens in the first 20 pages.

Someone post the one where they unironically agreed that an abridged Moby Dick was superior because of the "boring" cetology chapters

A nihilistic Freudian slip

That's absolutely correct.

no don't I can't deal with this rage

>considered the first true novel
No? That's Tale of Genji.

They were right that time, though.

more?

you don't know what you're dealing with here you little shit

That wasn't true though. It was mostly made up.

source?

Wait just a damn second, you're telling me a fucking work of fiction was mostly made up?

>mostly made up

Agreed,there are far funnier parts

> wants to go blind into a book
> asks what's he's in for

Correct. Most people can't get further than that.

look here do you want to eat steak through a fuckin straw u ickle cunt

Is r/literature good?

underrated post

AskLiteraryStudies is good

>Go to r/books
>Open "What have been the most important books in your life?" thread
>3 of 13 responses are Harry Potter

Well that's enought reddit for today, time to stretch my legs.

This sounds like bait but either way you really should go back to r*ddit

/r/literature is one of those subreddits that are far more educated, interesting and well-read than their Veeky Forums counterpart, but due to the format of Reddit, it requires strict moderation not to devolve into /r/books level of shit. essentially the mods allow 1 or 2 threads a day.

that's essentially the problem with Reddit. You either get lowest-common-denomator trash, or overmoderated quality with a modicum of content. Any subreddit that manages to be active AND good blows up pretty quickly and becomes a shitheap.