everyone who has ever made a webcomic, even ironically, should be holocausted

spbp

Is that supposed to be Deleuze?

Lyotard

Wow. I really hate PoMo now.

Can we stop talking about it yet?

Achewood was pretty good.

I liked Order of the Stick as a high schooler

yeh, Onstad is goat. Roast Beef was basically a proto-Wojak.

I actually enjoy Existential Comics sometimes. The Pain -- When Will It End? is another favorite, but it's heyday was between 9/11 and the start of the Iraq War. Get Your War On, same.

Comics are an important medium. It's just that a lot of the people who make them don't really know how to tell a non-brainlet story.

you should be genocided

this but unironically

>Comics are an important medium

even Oglaf? I like Oglaf.

this is satire, right? this is supposed to mock memerson drones, isn't it? please tell me this is not an opinion somebody unironically holds

/thread

Yes, it's satire, you halfwit louse.

>he hasnt read deathbulge

sorry i don't read your gay webcomics and don't know the context

O I am laffin thanks for sharing

heh

psst,

hey.

hey kid.

>implying

The anarcho-primitivists might promote the idea, but they are few in numbers.
I already told you I was only making a case for decentralization. You lack imagination, apparently.

cyanide and happiness was never funny

I was making a joke, take it easy.

Internet is serious business you know?

My countries only philosophical magazine feels these are fit to publish.

it is literally always funny

Do I still get gassed if I just made a parody of a webcomic?

I hate this guys art style.

Like, I want to punch the wall.

Dont know why.

Meh.

I bet you're fun at parties.

Yeah I hate it too. That's why I, uh... I kind of, drew... um... *cough* E-excuse me.

>Tea
>French

sacred blue!

Comics are an under appreciated medium,
it is very hard to make an even decent comic.

Comics have a foot in the literature world
and a foot in the art world,
yet they are an entity all their own,
comics have so much potential.

There is a tremendous amount of shit comics.
I challenge anyone to find even a decent comic discussed on /co/.

>mfw god's all-seeing eye is peeping through a trinity-shaped keyhole

I dont browse /co but Saga (despite the sjw politics) is one of the only ongoing comics thats good. East of West is pretty alright too. Capeshit is usually garbage with occasional moments of brilliance.

If we're talking funnies section of the newspaper comics then Calvin and Hobbes and Krazy Kat are GOAT.

I'm agreeable, but I admit, a wallflower.

Africa or Central America?

the pseud epistemology on display here is exactly why I can't take these artists seriously. This wouldn't fly on paper, so it needs loosely related images to distract from its shallow pretensions.

Almost all the great comics have been made by one cartoonist.
When multiple people are slaving away for a deadline the ideas are diluted.

Krazy Kat is like Shakespeare.
Peanuts is also great, especially the early strips from the 50s about depression.

Charles Burns, R Crumb, and Noah Van Sciver are a few remarkable American cartoonists.

>Christianity
Gaw, I hate Linus

>Capitalist clowns

>[T]he pseud[o-intellectual] epistemology on display here
>to distract from its shallow pretensions.
Jesus man, I'm not trying to sound anti-intellectual here, but just say that the comic is retarded or something. You don't need to try to impress anyone here. Christ.

Krazy Kat is perfect. Been meaning to go down the Peanuts rabbit hole sometime, just never got to it.

Charles Schulz said on cartooning, "You have to draw fairly well - if you drew really well you'd be a painter. You have to write fairly well - if you wrote really well you'd be writing books. It's great for a fairly person like me."

Cartooning is images and words combined. Generally speaking, for the image and words need to be made simultaneously. If you illustrate a script, the images explain the words. For a successful comic, the images and words need to play off each other.

I know this thread is about webcomics, but I am speaking about comics in general. The great "graphic novels" have taken a cartoonist years to make, and can be read in an hour, less than the time it takes to watch most movies. Comics are a very unpretentious medium that have been disregarded by society for most (if not all) of it's history.

The illusion of free will.

I'd add that some jokes don't work in other formats due to the 'quantic' reading process from image to image.
I sound like a cunt for saying quantic, but that's really the word.

What's this supposed to be to the tune of?

Nobody outdoes Watterson though.

The only comics worth a shit are those yellow and black ones

>AH! OH! AH!!
what did he mean by this?

>I can read Watchmen in an hour.
What drugs are you on?!

What part of "even ironically" did you not understand?

Of course scientists lie, that's why peer review exists and why experiments are supposed to be repeatable.

He means these:
supermegacomics.com/index.php

stfu retart when is the last time u got sum pussy neway lmao

what's "ironically"?

I am not saying Watchmen is not great, but it was made by two individuals (at least).
Alan Moore is one of the few writers who actually knows how to write in the comics format.

My point is many of the best "graphic novels" are a lot less time consuming than watching a movie, tv series, or reading a novel. Though I am not saying any one medium is greater than another.

no u. ur fukin dumb u fugig sued. qit postig nad go reed a book u fuking pretenshos ashole!!1!

Australia...
It has decent articles and essays, and features no advertising so I continue to buy it.

>Comics are an important medium

D-do you want me to post it?

heh...I subscribe to New Philosopher

>user implies comics aren't important
>communicates entirely in comic images
>on a board dedicated to japanese comics

you guys are a whole new level of brainlet.

>>communicates entirely in comic images
This. They literally express themselves with combinations of writing and images

This is exactly it. A good cartoonist is more than the sum of their parts (writer and artist). In fact I think cartooning is most comparable to graphic design than anything else.

I kind of want to make a comic that looks like Veeky Forums now.

Wasn't this guy antifa?

There are a few decent ones, but yeah their sacrifice would not be in vain.

Humanity in general should be destroyed

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Replication_crisis
fugg DD:

this has actually happened to me

>antifa
Anti-fascism is a completely natural state to be in. There is nothing abnormal about hating fascists.

except when the anti-fascists are also fascists

I know this is Daniel Clowes, what comic?

Antifa have a very distorted idea of what a 'fascist' is, though

Which antifa has what "distorted idea" of fascism?

And nevertheless you find a way to be cruel and arrogant about it

They might not want you to but I do.
Might have to holocaust dat boipussi of yours though.

LOL

I saw this posted on /co/ a few times. google "The Bus comic"

I don't respond to tripfags

oh fuck

This is the most retarded argument I've ever heard on Veeky Forums and that is saying a lot.

Perry Bible will always be my favourite

man, postmodernism is on the fast-track to become the scapegoat for everything that's wrong with society
when really the problem is that people don't understand postmodernism. at least whichever numbskull made this cartoon didn't. what a backwards pleb.

>speech is violence, therefore I'm entitled to kick this kids head in for saying something I don't like

pls no bully

Is this supposed to mean anything? Seems pretentious to me.

This cartoon is ironic.

it is unironically the opinion of pretty much every rightwing thinker and hard-science geek ever, though

the joke is that first you expect the joke will be related to the mail "deposit letter" being right next to the trash "deposit litter" but then the bus comes up and they board the bus because they've just been waiting at the bus stop this whole time.