Is Nightvale Veeky Forums approved podcast?

Is Nightvale Veeky Forums approved podcast?

Only if you're an overweight teen on tumblr.

Is radio Icebox Veeky Forums?

Cumtown is the only Veeky Forums approved pod. Sorry senpai

In Our Time is the patrician's choice of podcast. The History of Philosophy Without Any Gaps is also an approved Veeky Forums podcast. Most everything else is trash.

I haven't heard it but sometimes I listen to the Mountain Goats podcast that one of the co-writers does and he's an insufferable retard on it so I have to imagine the stuff he writes reflects that.

Partially Examined Life?

Cumtown is the most sincere and aesthetically successful podcast in the history of the genre

Harcore history is like a great audiobook.

What the fucknis cumtown you milhouse forced meme cancer

This. I'd say nightvale is Facebook-tier.

Pretty much any Dan Carlin or Mike Duncan podcast are pure kino

What about icebox? Got a decently planned out plot, more characters beyond Le quirky weirdness and gayboys uwu

The official podcast of the DSA

I do not even give a shit about whatever shitty high school joke you want to set me up for.

Damn u got me good. It's basically just a comedy podcast though, dunno why you're so upset

cum town kicks ass

last podcast on the left kicks ass

The Baby Sitter’s Club Club is the most Veeky Forums one i can think of because they just over analyze shitty books.

i only listen to non-fiction podcasts and read non-fiction books.

deez nutsa lol

Philosophize This!

Stephen West is such a comfy guy

>randomly being this angry

I would rank it below the other two I listed, but yes, it is also approved.

I work in retail and every time I want to yell at a dumb customer I make an angry post on this Balinese fishing memo

I'm not big on comedy podcasts tbqh. Only ones I listen to are hello from the Magic tavern and the dollop

Philosophize this is p good but Medieval Death Trips is the most comfy podcast I've ever listened to. Lore is somewhat comfy if a bit plebeian

The earliest bits of night vale were fun but it wore its concept out fast. I honestly didn't even have a problem with Cecil and Carlos getting together, but way too much time after that was given to "gay babies uwu" cutesiness that was completely at odds with the unsettling feeling that made the show good. Then they had to go graft in the most boring possible black and white conflict so listeners had someone to root for, and kept adding pointless new characters so they had more to make fan art of or whatever. It all seemed very slipshod and fanservicey.

Alice isn't dead is marginally better in that it has an actual planned plot and some really interesting parts about American road culture and urbanism but it's also way too comfortable in its Tumblr fanbase that just wants easily digestible stories with a "good message" to do anything that interesting

Mike Duncan is the most patrician pop historian I've heard yet.

this desu. early Nightvale was fun, but it got sophomoric pretty quickly.

The stereotypes are real btw. I went to a live showing in LA and everyone else there was a hysterical fat chick. Cecil Baldwin's a lot of fun in person though.

fpbp

BBC has some other good ones in this vein. I just listened to their mini series "Living with the Gods" and I'd recommend it.

Sounds like a smart recommendation. I will take the advice user.

It's ok, kinda one-note but a solid 6 or 7 outta 10.

I wish they'd printed more copies of the first volume of history of Rome. At least I was able to get his Storm before the Storm book

Nightvale was a good Veeky Forums light podcast but the quality went way down as it got popular and they kept churning them out to keep up with the demand and to make it the thing they do instead of a good thing.

You just can't write that many good episodes period, let alone quickly, using the show's premise. It's hard to write good Lovecraftian/weird fiction, as it relies on fine tone/reader expectation control, and it's increasingly so as the setting is defined and the twists are expected.

They ended up being just dull and really repetitive and then they ended up having to introduce increasingly soap-style character drama that destroyed all the original appeal and pandered grossly. It's like a sweet goth chick you liked turned into a passive agressive SJW alt chick.

It would have been better if the creators had released them infrequently instead of giving in to the popularity and turning it into a cash cow.

Also the Oxford podcasts.

I could have gone to that with friends and I'm glad I didn't.

its funny

The Memory Palace has some decently written stories. The Allusionist is good for interesting word factoids, in fact most of the more arts related stuff by Radiotopia is pretty decent.

Mike Duncan is obviously brilliant and Dan Carlin is fun (though he's right when he says he isn't a historian.)

My friend recommended me You Are Not So Msart and from the one episode I listened to it sounds pretty decent.

I enjoy *The Starship Sofa*

The Truth is kino af

Idk, ask yourself. You've posted here, so you're Veeky Forums?

no one snowflake in an avalanche feels lit enough to make the distinction themselves,