There are people who still study metaphysics and believe in metaphysical premises after Nietzsche

>there are people who still study metaphysics and believe in metaphysical premises after Nietzsche

Why?

Other urls found in this thread:

cnqzu.com/library/Philosophy/neoreaction/Friedrich Nietzsche/Friedrich_Nietzsche - Human_All_Too_Human_A_Book_for_Free_Spirits_(1996).pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Probably because Nietzsche was wrong about everything.

Nietzsche has metaphysical premises you absolute retard

Thanks, Satan. But I just read through On First and Last Things and he's spectacularly spot on about the entire enterprise of metaphysics and tears the whole thing down.

Triggered

t. didn't read Nietzsche thoroughly enough
He distinctly positions himself away from metaphysics.

Wrong.

Link? Summary? We will btfo your puerile pretensions but we require more information.

You fucking haven't read Nietzsche at all. He positions himself against the TRADITIONAL METAPHYSICS YOU ILLITERATE FUCKING RETARD HOLY SHIT DIEDIEDIE WILL TO POWER IS STILL A METAPHYSICS YOU STUPID SHIT

>Being this triggered.

XDDDDD DAE TRIGGER LE CHRISTKEK?!??1?1?1? NEECHEE SAY KILL LE KEKS XDD

Fag

Because they suck as much dick as you but in a more faggot way

>summary
It's almost 20 pages of aphorisms. There is no good summary.

cnqzu.com/library/Philosophy/neoreaction/Friedrich Nietzsche/Friedrich_Nietzsche - Human_All_Too_Human_A_Book_for_Free_Spirits_(1996).pdf

All of them are great. Here are just a few passages I liked (if I jotted them all down I'd more or less just be copy and pasting the entire section):

>The man of the ages of barbarous primordial culture believed that in the dream he was getting to know a second real world: here is the origin of all metaphysics. Without the dream one would have had no occasion to divide the world into two. The dissection into soul and body is also connected with the oldest idea of the dream, likewise the postulation of a life of the soul, thus the origin of all belief in spirits, and probably also of the belief in gods. "The dead live on, for they appear to the living in dreams": that was the conclusion one formerly drew, throughout many millennia.

>There has hitherto been no philosopher in whose hands philosophy has not become an apologia for knowledge; on this point at least each of them is an optimist, inasmuch as he believes that knowledge must be in the highest degree useful.

>Everyone knows from experience how quickly a dreamer entwines with his dream a sound that strongly impinges upon him from without, the ringing of bells or the firing of cannon, for example; that is to say, he accounts for the sound in terms of the dream, so that he believes he experiences the cause of the sound first, then the sound itself.

>As Democritus transferred the concepts Above and Below to infinite space, where they make no sense, so philosophers in general transfer the concept “inner and outer” to the essence and phenomena of the world; they believe that profound feelings take one deep into the interior, close to the heart of nature. But such feelings are profound only insofar as when they occur certain complex groups of thoughts which we call profound are, scarcely perceptibly, regularly aroused with them; a feeling is profound because we regard the thoughts that accompany it as profound. But a profound thought can nonetheless be very distant from the truth, as, for example, every metaphysical thought is; if one deducts from the profound feeling the element of thought mixed in with it, what remains is the strong feeling, and this has nothing to do with knowledge as such, just as strong belief demonstrates only its strength, not the truth of that which is believed.

>To a world which is not our idea the laws of numbers are wholly inapplicable: these are valid only in the human world.

What a pseud. This guy is one of the worst memes that people fall for.

I've been reading Nietzsche for roughly a decade. I'm just lately re-reading Human. Since the beginning I have always understood Nietzsche's will to power as being thoroughly distinct from all metaphysics. The man more or less gave birth to modern psychology, you realize — everything is now intertwined into a single world, this world that we are in now.

You're clearly about. You have no clue what you're talking about and need to shut the fuck up before I get my whip.
YOU HAVE NO FUCKING CLUE WHAT METAPHYSICS IS YOU ABSOLUTE RETARD DIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEIEIE

how could so much stupidity be contained in one single post?

Calm down and go read the man for once.

>20 pages of aphorisms.

You know Larry David's nickname for Jerry Seinfeld on set was "Analogy Lad" because he was so good at analogizing. Kneechee is a meme that has spoiled. Throw him away.

FOR REFERENCE EVEN A 100% PURE PHYSICALISM MUST STILL DEPEND ON METAPHYSICAL PREMISES. METAPHYSICS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH TRANSCENDENCE. PHENOMENOLOGY WORKS WITH METAPHYSICS YET IS, AS THE NAME IMPLIES, NOT CONCERNED WITH, OR REJECTS TRANSCENDENCE DESPITE WHAT HUSSERLIANS MAY TELL YOU
I AM PRESENTLY READING HIM, WHEREAS i DOUBT YOU KNOW A SINGLE THING ABOUT HIM BESIDES YOUR BIG BABBY WIKIPEDIA SCHOLARSHIP. DESTROY YOURSELF

user my ears are bleeding pls to stop the yelling

Not an argument. Go study your anal autism elsewhere subhuman.

wahhh wahhh wahhh
tap caps lock again you big doofus.
tell me again how he was an antisemite

THERE IS NO WHINING HERE, ONLY ME CORRECTING YOUR IGNORANCE. YOU ARE CLEARLY AN AUTODIDACT AND THEREFORE A SUBHUMAN.

It's funny you say that I haven't read him and that I know nothing about him. From Will to Power:

>Metaphysics, morality, religion, science — in this book these things merit consideration only as various forms of lies: with their help one can have faith in life. "Life ought to inspire confidence": the task thus imposed is tremendous. To solve it, man must be a liar by nature, he must be above all an artist. And he is one: metaphysics, religion, morality, science — all of them only products of his will to art, to lie, to flight from "truth," to negation of "truth."

>We see: an authority speaks — who speaks? — One may forgive human pride if it sought to make this authority as high as possible in order to feel as little humiliated as possible under it. Therefore — God speaks! One needed God as an unconditional sanction, with no court of appeal, as a "categorical imperator" —: or, if one believed in the authority of reason, one needed a metaphysic of unity, by virtue of which this was logical. Now suppose that belief in God has vanished: the question presents itself anew: "who speaks?" — My answer, taken not from metaphysics but from animal physiology: the herd instinct speaks. It wants to be master: hence its "thou shalt!" — it will allow value to the individual only from the point of view of the whole, for the sake of the whole, it hates those who detach themselves — it turns the hatred of all individuals against them.

>Fundamental innovations: In place of "moral values," purely naturalistic values. Naturalization of morality. In place of "sociology," a theory of the forms of domination. In place of "society," the culture complex, as my chief interest (as a whole or in its parts). In place of "epistemology," a perspective theory of affects (to which belongs a hierarchy of the affects; the affects transfigured; their superior order, their "spirituality"). In place of "metaphysics" and religion, the theory of eternal recurrence (this as a means of breeding and selection).

>Psychology of metaphysics: the influence of timidity. That which has been feared the most, the cause of the most powerful suffering (lust to rule, sex, etc.), has been treated by men with the greatest amount of hostility and eliminated from the "true" world. Thus they have eliminated the affects one by one — posited God as the antithesis of evil, that is, placed reality in the negation of the desires and affects (i.e., in nothingness).

Start doing metaphysics you fucking phenomemelogy delusional turbo plebs

read Joe Hughes

deleuze is phenomenology

Chill, he's probably confused by Nietzsche's typically sloppy use of language. Nietzsche does deny metaphysics in the sense of the immaterial or spiritual world; he does not deny metaphysics in the broadest sense, as you say, because it's impossible to think at all without metaphysics in this broadest sense. However, if you read his Truth and Lies in the Nonmoral Sense, you see that perhaps he is denying the very possibility of thinking itself, making Nietzsche an authentic nihilist and a sophist who contradicts himself.

>he use word so iz troooo
Oh look, you're a retarded redditor.
YOU
DO
NOT
KNOW
WHAT
METAPHYSICS
IS
AUTODIDACT
RETARD

Nietzsche's use of language is not sloppy, you and him are just both retarded.

Calm down, you're making a mockery of what could be an interesting debate.

None of these make especially good arguments against existing philosophies. It's a lot of base assertion, and then (certainly interesting) thoughts derived therefrom. Granted, I'd need to read a lot more of him to be fresh enough to tackle in detail the full arguments he lays out. Needless to say, I disagree with Nietzsche's views, but he's anything but a bad meme and completely worth studying.

What if you read Deleuze instead of dipshit anglos that can barely produce any philosophy besides logical positivism interpreting things they can't understand you fucking faggot

>WHY WONT YOU BE LE CLASSY FEDORA SIR FROM LE REDDIT REDDIQUITE WITH ME XDDDDD LE CLASSY SIR MEME

Noooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!

>but he's anything but a bad meme and completely worth studying.

He's a self-confessed sophist. He's not even a philosopher; he's a rhetorician, romanticist poet, and apologist for tyrants.

Nice thread

>Nietzsche's use of language is not sloppy
>you and him are just both retarded.
>you and him are

Nice

That is very true. There's a depth to his ideas that I find easily worth considering, though. That said, his lack of precision gets infuriating. I do really like the "romanticist poet" description, I'm probably going to steal that at some point.

>God's beautiful creation full of light and life
>Nietzsche sat in a dark enclosure, his mind slowly collapsing in on itself into madness
Nice painting.

>he does not deny metaphysics in the broadest sense, as you say, because it's impossible to think at all without metaphysics in this broadest sense.
You aren't a deep reader of Nietzsche if you think he's NOT denying this — he chooses his words especially carefully in order to communicate this. It is very clear that as he writes, he is entirely disenchanted with the form of writing; his observations demonstrate this by being utterly at odds with all metaphysical premises, with any arguments. The fact that you see "contradictions" in him is a testament to that: Nietzsche's thought is not stemming from any metaphysical premise, rationality and logic being such types of premises; they are stemming from a deep connection with the primordial psyche, a deeply irrational unknown, the will to power, which is all that life is.

The "world" of logic, reason, math, knowledge, is the world of human lies. It is also the only one we can communicate in with each other, because communication only exists within the system they create. Basically, Nietzsche is 2deep4u.

No, I accept this understanding of Nietzsche, I just affirm its total incoherence. If you deny Logos, Reason - you lose the license to be called philosophy or even to communicate. You are just a mad beast who should be killed.

to be called a philosopher*

am I retarded if I read this entire chart?

To demonstrate that you'd need more than assertions that it is lies, though. His observations are generally based on that premise, which I haven't seen a convincing argument for.

Anyone who thinks Nietzsche is "imprecise" or "difficult" is an illiterate anglophone autist. As long as you can follow the references (which basically is just understanding Plato, the Pre-Socratics, and a very little bit of german idealism and Darwin, not a massive bar at all) nothing is obscure. The exception is Zarathustra, which is a work of fiction anyways, BUT HE WROTE A FUCKING BOOK CLARIFYING AND CONDENSING ALL THE IDEAS IN THAT BOOK (BG&E) AND THEN WROTE ANOTHER FUCKING BOOK CLARIFYING THE BOOK CLARIFYING ZARATHUSTRA (Genealogy of Morals)!

You literally have to be completely illiterate (like most anglos are) in order to not understand Nietzsche. Most people choose not to understand him because his thoughts are unapologetically offensive so then they blame their lack of desire to understand on his "weird style."

tl;dr

get good learn to read
If you can't understand Nietzsche that's a YOU problem not a Nietzsche problem.

What if I make reason my property, instead of worshiping it like a Cartesian?

What, you and him is? you inbread fuck? DIEDIEDIE

"Anglos", great, this makes for good argument. I never said I didn't understand him, just that some clarity would help his argument. I suppose in some sense that would be against his position, though, so points for consistency at least.

You don't understand Nietzsche. His writing is his content. You do not understand this because you're an anal autist subhuman
YOU DO NOT KNOW WHAT METAPHYSICS IS. I HAVE ALREADY EXPLAINED WHY YOU ARE RETARDED BUT YOU KEEP SPEWING SHIT LIKE YOU JUST WATCHED A PETERSON LECTURE YOU FUCKING RETARD DIEDIEDIEDIEDIEIDIEEIIE
METAPHYSICS IS META-PHYSICS, NOT SOMETHING TRANSCENDENTAL YOU FUCKING RETARD. HE IS A METAETHICIST AND A METAPHYSICIAN AND A METAEPISTEMOLOGIST. THIS IS WHAT HE DOES. YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND BECAUSE YOU LITERALLY CANNOT UNDERSTAND NIETZSCHE
HOLY FUCKING SHIT HOW MUCH MERCURY ARE YOU DRINKING

He is perfectly clear, you are just analy autistic.

social justice hero pls turn off caps thanks. the internet is not that serious. holy shit.

We're not talking about the difficulty of reading him, but the internal incoherence and contradiction of his thought.

>We behold all things through the human head and cannot cut off this head; while the question nonetheless remains what of the world would still be there if one had cut it off.
t. Nietzsche BTFO'ing metaphysicists and both you guys.

If you can't understand his eternal recurrence — that the world begins and ends with itself, eternally — then there's no hope for you. Perhaps study psychology as it may help you eventually reach his insight about the world.

It should be "you and he are just both retarded," you wouldn't say "him is just retarded."

Jesus Christ, user. Maybe lay off Veeky Forums for a day or two, this place has clearly gotten to you.

THERE IS NO INCOHERENCE YOU ANAL AUTISTIC SUBHUMAN DIEDIEDIEDIEDIEIDIEIEIEI
HOLY FUCKIGN SHIT YOU ARE LITERALLY A FUCKING RETARD YOU SUBHUMAN PIECE OF SHIT
METAPHYISICS
HAS
NOOOTITJHBJT9HIGBETNBTEHGR
TO
DO
WITH
TRANSCENDENCE
ANY
CLAIM
ABOUT
EXISTENCE
REQUIRES
A
METAPHYSICS
YOU
DO
NOT
UNDERSTAND
NIETZSCHE
YOU
PSYCHOLOGY
WHAT
NIETZSCHE
IS
DESCRIBING
THERE
IS
HIS
METAPHYSICS
WHORE

>that the world begins and ends with itself, eternally
A better phrasing, actually: the world is both its own beginning and end.

>The waking have one common world, but the sleeping turn aside each into a world of his own.

Don't respond to the subhuman, please. Hunt him down like a swine and cut off his ears. They would better serve a dog.

Is pic related how you feel right now?
Maybe you should take a xany, bro

THAT IS A METAPHYSICS YOU SUBHUMAN RETARD
AUTODIDACTS NEED TO FUCKING DIE HOLY SHIT
PERSPECTIVE AND WILL TO POWER ARE A METAPHYSICS GO EAT YOUR FUCKING TIDE MEMES YOU REDDITOR

That was me responding to myself, but thanks for the laugh.

>ywn screech this autistically

feels good

And you will never understand Nietzsche.

>THAT IS A METAPHYSICS
It does not refer to a metaphysical world. That's why it is not explicitly described.

Looks like bullshit except for the Big names

I agree with you, Will to Power is metaphysical in the same way Schopenhauer's Will is, i.e. it describes the basis of human desire irrespective of experience.

But you're behaving like a fucking autist m80

I have lived my entire 21 year old life rocking the NEET lifestyle
I am now the coolest kid around wherever I go
It gets better, fellow young lurkanons

that's not going to work when you're 35 and out of mom and dad's money mate

Not gonna need it. Everyone sucks this juicy beautiful cock already.

That second section is pretty spot on.

>i'm a narcissistic lunatic social parasite
oh ok, well then just kys

I like NEETs tho just to be clear, most of them

That's not what metaphysics is, you retard

t. Hypocrite

You're not following. In the referenced world there are no human concepts, the entire branch of metaphysics and all language including.

nonsense

You don't know how Nietzsche used language, as well. Good job.

Sure I don't. That quote regarding waking / sleeping is from Heraclitus, by the way.

I don't care about no fucking Hera clit.

>everything is now intertwined into a single world, this world that we are in now.
t. Has never read guenon or any other perennialists

>Why
Quine. And christfaggots.

This is you

Because they haven't read Heidegger.

>WILL TO POWER IS STILL A METAPHYSICS YOU STUPID SHIT

an incredibly reddit opinion, and, yes, heidegger was reddit

Shouty user is right and captures exactly how I feel having to engage with the brainlets on here

Shouty user is lost in the sauce and thinks his observations of Nietzsche are supreme but in reality his brain is not registering their subtly.

Has anyone out-nietzsche'd nietzsche?

>le trigger'd ;-)
the absolute state of this board

>If you deny [the human lies of] Logos, Reason - you lose the license to be called philosophy or even to communicate.

Rather, you are the ONLY ONE who has the license to be called a philosopher, while everyone else is a silly semi-religious wingnut knowledge-apologist at best. It's like you don't understand the meaning of this quote:

>To a world which is not our idea the laws of numbers are wholly inapplicable: these are valid only in the human world.

It's startling not only how bad his prose is, but how bad it remains even when purged of his spasms and pointless embellishment. He is the only writer who managed to perfectly transmute thought into text, the only one who wrote as badly as he thought.

Nope. You are not registering them subtly. You think him saying "metafisix r dumb" means he is not making any metaphysical claims. This is what happens when autodidacts are allowed to speak, they spew shit like you idiots.
Oh look, you also don't understand Nietzsche, like this entire fucking board.

All of his attacks on Kant were ad hominems and had no rational substance

human all too human isnt his final stylistic form, which only appeared after gaya scienza.
and will to power were indeed his private scribblings, not a finished manuscript.

>You think him saying "metafisix r dumb" means he is not making any metaphysical claims
He's not just mocking metaphysics. Tell me what you think "a world which is not our idea" and "valid only in the human world" means. Why does he make the distinction? What is a world which is not our idea?

based deleuze

You have no clue what metaphysics is. Go back to plebbit.