Fuck. this man is a living prophet. the greatest Veeky Forums figure of our time

fuck. this man is a living prophet. the greatest Veeky Forums figure of our time.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BBR5v89L6gk
patreon.com/jordanbpeterson
reddit.com/r/badphilosophy/comments/7x1z1i/the_postmodernists/du5khsl/?st=jdlqp950&sh=93607713
reddit.com/r/JordanPeterson/comments/7x5899/comic_objectively_explaining_postmodernism/?st=jdlqq2b4&sh=b268c518
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>t. brainlet

He’s not even saying anything new user

You don't have to greentext that. Fucking newfags.

Who were some of Peterson's predecessors user? Any Greek Philosophers that encouraged their readers to clean their rooms?

Just read a fucking self help book if you want to be told to clean your room

>the greatest Veeky Forums figure of our time.
>not pic related
are you even a liberalist desu ka?

Why do you want to be a liberalist?

>Expecting us to know who this is supposed to be a picture of

I'm always skeptical of these infographs that just jumble a shitful of self-help books promising enlightenment after reading 300+ novels likely all filled with contradictory advice, but okay user.

No memeing aside, are there any actual philosophers who asked "How can you change the world, when you can't even change yourself?"?

No, since no serious philosopher would think it's a credible idea

>You don't have to greentext that
You literally do, otherwise you'd be calling yourself a brainlet, retarded reddit embryo.

Mate, you're a newfag. The original meme started without greentexting, if you simply quote somebody and put "t." it's assumed you're calling them out for having the identity you put. Do you even know how or when it started?

>its possible to change the world when youre incapable of changing your own shitty behavior

Okay.

No dumbass, just put t. whatever and that's it. You're not fucking quoting them, so why would you greentext them?

>This is how retarded you look.

>he thinks any serious philosopher thinks "changing the world" is something one should strive for

There, I fixed it. Oh its Peterson again. Big fucking surprise

we need to make a meme out of abstract peterson kinda like the abstract jew meme

>The original meme
>You're not fucking quoting them
You are, that's the whole fucking point of the implication.

>You are, that's the whole fucking point of the implication.
t. pic related

user, I

>Any Greek Philosophers that encouraged their readers to clean their rooms?
No, because all people from the higher spheres of Greek society were very sorted out compared to us. And many of them had slaves to clear their rooms while they were out in the world being statesmen. As for merchants, craftsmen, slaves and women — they were treated like subhumans where philosophy was concerned, meaning it wasn't written for them. So even if they weren't keeping their rooms clean, the philosophers didn't write for them.

>doesn't even know how the meme started
>ask me how I know you're a massive newfag

If nothing else hes great for how much he obviously makes gad saad feel envious and insecure

I know you are.
>original maymay
>newfag
Reddit, just stop, it's embarrassing.

>tfw i just cleaned my room

>Mom: clean up your room right now!
>BUT MOOOOOOOOOM DO I HAVE TO?

>Jordan Peterson: "Clean up your room, bucko."
>GENIUS!

tangential wizened schizo

But those are two completely different statements, being said for two completely different reasons user.

he’s not a schizo just a dumb megalomaniac

nope, he's just boomer spouting the extremely tired archetypal boomer philosophy. for whatever reason, he has enough star power to get kids to listen to him, even when they ignored their parents who've been telling them the exact same shit for the whole of their childhood.
so he's only significant in that: the boomers would have been forever remembered as one of the worst generations of all time when millennials get to write history, and now peterson has just performed a revolutionary PR campaign to reverse their image completely

>Reddit, just stop, it's embarrassing
It's clear to everybody you've been on this site for maybe a year, you're not very self aware

Oh gee thanks user. Couldn't have figured this out without you.

Marx

"The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways; the point is to change it. "

Confucius was all about conforming to ritual and attaining virtue before attempting to do anything like run a government. There's also a chapter in the Analects that details how he dressed and kept things neat and all that.

Relevant quote

>“The Master says: At 15 I set my heart on learning, at 30 I know where I stood, at 40 I have no more doubts, at 50 I knew the will of Heaven , at 60 my ears were attuned, and at 70 I followed my heart’s desire without crossing the line.”

>48 Laws of Power in first post
Fucking dropped.

this

The quote just further supports that argument though
also
>marx

its possible for sure.
The question is if you have the capability to change the world for the better and if you can do so while others are trying to change the world, too.

how many times, Veeky Forums?

too fucking many

fuck im bad at puzzles who is it

My mommy told me to clean my room

You're probably memeing user and that's OK if you are, I think Russell Brand probably knows he's a bit of a meme himself, but for a guy to get himself away from drug addiction, to become as successful as he is and to be as well articulated (albeit very show-offy about it) as he is, I want to give him some credit. I kinda want to know what he reads in his free time because memes aside he's clearly not an idiot. Norm McDonald liked his "booky wook" too. Surely there's something there but I was always put off by those coffee table celebrity autobiographies.

Apparently they are meeting soon for a podcast, I hope Russell will rip him a new asshole.

Why is this troll thread still up?

>Any Greek Philosophers that encouraged their readers to clean their rooms?
All the stoics

i think cleaning your room is more a buddhist philosophy

Yeah, probably in Zen buddhism. The japs are really into cleanliness (hell, they use the same word for pretty and clean).

Can someone explain to me what's wrong with JBP's views? I consider myself a centrist but tend to agree with him a lot.

read any philosophy. hell, read some modern evolutionary theory that he also manages to mangle. stop expecting people to do your research for you.

youtube.com/watch?v=BBR5v89L6gk

>is a reactionnary
>his thinking reeks of social darwinism
>has a moronic understanding of politics
>is fighting an imaginary cult
>probably think you have a problem if you don't abide to his sinister protestant view on life
>makes more than 70k a month by milking his brainwashed fanbase

He's just an average Veeky Forums meme youtuber. We've had several of his kind before, and we'll see several more. An irrelevant regurgitator who can at inspire brainlets in such a way that may eventually see them become smarter than he himself is, but I suspect he'll rather inspire them to be more like him for the rest of their lives, as per his goal.

>dude, truth is utility, LMAO
>dude, postmodernism is bad because it relativizes truth, LMAO

Donate shekels to support Peterson's development of profound ideas @ patreon.com/jordanbpeterson

>stop expecting people to do your research for you

actually I was just asking a question on a message board

>is a reactionary
Do you not think he handled himself well against someone like Cathy Newman?

He's not Veeky Forums at all. His recommended reading list is bland and all the shills who defend him say that he makes works "accessible" aka the king of plebs.

So he is an average Veeky Forums meme youtuber

>can't into sarcasm

>Do you not think he handled himself well against someone like Cathy Newman?

I think it is terrible that we consider the spectacle of a "debate" between a youtube star (i.e. an entertainer) and a journalist (i.e. an entertainer) to be a place of intellectual discourse.

The "debate" had a lot of "gotcha" moments, the kind of moments that thoughtless people consider to be the high points of reasoning. The people who fawn over Peterson today are the people who fawned over Hitchens and his infamous hitchslaps a decade ago. They're not interested in discourse, they're interested in the smug self-satisfaction of watching people they disagree with get "owned" and "rekt" by their proxy-dad. Hence the countless youtube compilations (again, Peterson is a youtube phenomenon: his entry into the literary world after his rise to fame is a self-help book - this ought to be ridiculous enough to immediately discredit him in itself) of Peterson "ANNIHILATING idiot SJW's".

Your response is a good indication of exactly what is wrong with Peterson and his fans. The poster you are responding to asked you to look into the actual academic literature, and you responded by asking how he did in a televised debate with a journalist. He is an entertainer and a salesman, but he imitates the role of an intellectual (I am aware that he is an academic, but this is not the role he is playing, nor is he fulfilling its function). That leads to people taking his facile and underinformed interpretations of evolution and "postmodernism" seriously. Did he handle himself well in the spectacle? He sure did. His supporters creamed their pants at the "idiot SJW getting ABSOLUTELY DESTROYED", and he shoveled in a couple of additional thousands on Patreon. Did anyone get any wiser? I think not.

I don't particularly care about gotcha moments or SJWs getting rekt. I mean that every time she put words in his mouth, or attacked ad hominem, he would respond appropriately - answering her questions directly in a calm demeanour until he eventually could put her in a mindset that allowed them to be on the same page. He did this fairly successfully, and if that isn't appropriate discourse then I am not really sure what is. I can only think of one gotcha moment from him (the part where he literally says 'gotcha') but he seemed respectful for the majority of the interview.

I responded to the other poster like that because I wanted to hear other people's opinions (like yours) and he responded with essentially 'go fuck yourself' .

I don't worship him as others do or think he is infallible, but I find myself agreeing with him sometimes. All I asked for are some criticisms of his views.

Reminder that this man's fans literally cannot identify that the "we are postmodernists, we are evil" comic is making fun of them

reddit.com/r/badphilosophy/comments/7x1z1i/the_postmodernists/du5khsl/?st=jdlqp950&sh=93607713
reddit.com/r/JordanPeterson/comments/7x5899/comic_objectively_explaining_postmodernism/?st=jdlqq2b4&sh=b268c518

Postmodernism is cancer

Still, the accusations the comic is making fun of are mostly true.

Soyboys on Veeky Forums can't handle him. Speaks volumes.