Has anyone managed to fix their ptsd, depression, anxiety with the power of their own mind and wrote about it?

Has anyone managed to fix their ptsd, depression, anxiety with the power of their own mind and wrote about it?

Other urls found in this thread:

nytimes.com/2010/01/10/magazine/10psyche-t.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

As someone who suffers from PTSD I suggest you get help instead of trying to fix yourself in vain.

>get help
That's a north American meme, it doesn't exist elsewhere in the world.

nytimes.com/2010/01/10/magazine/10psyche-t.html

I am currently studying psychiatric, and used to suffer from acute depression.

The idea of fixing yourself is a total fantasy. If you are mentally Ill, the best thing you can do is be open about it and get help. You're sick, and you will probably need medicine.

Meditation can help you.

t Big Pharma brainwashed advertising consumers

Let's just put lithium in the water supply to be sure.

Medicine is an American thing, but help itself is not. Psychotherapy is pretty normal, and can really help in these cases. Even if psychotherapy were abnormal, "help" can refer to nearly anything.

I said meditation not medication.

my diary desu
what do you want to know

He's been just lucky that ssri medication worked out for him.

You really have very little power over your mind even if you are sane, not to mention when you get clinically depressed or some other mood disorder.
This said, as little as it can be you still have power over your mind. But it's a difficult path that is not compatible with today's life deadlines and brainwashing, so it's commonly overlooked by medicine and I'd say even in psychotherapy.
They just try to fix you as quickly as possible, or not to fix you at all making you their milk cow.

Plato, Jesus, Martin Luther.

At this point I'd like to try an antidepressant. Probably never will considering it would take admitting I have a problem.

May I ask what happened to you, if you don't mind sharing your experience?

Very post-modern.

>Has anyone managed to fix their ptsd, depression, anxiety with the power of their own mind and wrote about it?
no. anyone telling you otherwise is a fucking liar.

This is what I used to think about losing a lot of weight. But it's possible.

I had a very bad experience with hallucinogens, for the first year or so after I saw and hears things that were not there. Sometimes I still hallucinate.

I got rid of panic attacks by interrupting the positive feedback loop. I challenged the attacks to do their worst and showed disappointment when they not only failed to worsen but disappeared. Then I went and exposed myself to catalysts like hot showers and certain thought patterns and challenged the panic attacks to hit me and they didn't. Never had them since and it's been 6 years or so.

It's possible to overcome depression and anxiety I think.

Depression and anxiety are mechanical responses, mechanical thought patterns. You can become free from them by becoming more conscious via meditation. This is what they mean when they talk about non attachment.

I used to be a really depressed guy. It lasted about 3-4 years, and was caused by a long line of personal failures. It was strange how it stopped. I tried anti-depressants and counseling, but none of those really did anything and I found that I was doing things to placate my counselor/doctors rather than to really help myself. One morning I woke up and looked myself in the mirror and just felt absolutely disgusted with the idea of being sad, of being miserable. It was simply a matter of not being able to take the stress of misery any more. I essentially chose not to be miserable, which was something I had thought was utterly impossible up until that point. When I feel like I'm falling apart now (which has happened numerous times since putting the depression behind me) I stubbornly sit down and just try and furiously work on something, be it writing fiction or analyzing legal documents (I'm a paralegal).

L. Ron Hubbard did it, and so can you!

I think it's important to give context to my personal failures.
>Got into law school
>Longtime GF committed suicide
>Took the semester off as I was paralyzed with mourning
>Started doing cocaine, drinking heavily, and sleeping casually with women
>Went back the next semester and flunked out
>Lived with my parents for a bit working retail
>Got into a car wreck, got injured pretty badly, I ate a gram of cocaine to prevent being charged with it, overdosed on it, was pronounced legally dead in the hospital, but miraculously survived

I hope you get better.
Nothing works for me. And my depression is getting worst and worst. I'm glad that you could got out of the cycle.

Mushrooms?
I find it odd how this happens to some people.
I've only had good experiences with all kinds of psychedelics. Actually they and there ego dissolving effects have been instrumental in becoming aware of my narcism and schizotypy which has made my condition better. I am also a more pleasant person I feel. I've never been conscientious enough for anxiety so maybe that has something to do with my reaction.
Where you an anxious person before? I'm asking because I know a handful of people who have had psychedelic related trauma.

Have you tried pure MDMA? It's an incredibly healing drug, but also do your research and be weary of information you get from new age psychedelic pseuds.

>I ate a gram of cocaine to prevent being charged with it, overdosed on it, was pronounced legally dead in the hospital, but miraculously survived
holy shit

No, I have not. But I don't have contacts and I'm not in a country where I can access to those things.

People freak out on MDMA. I've seen it happen.
I'd say just take a big ol hit of deems and experience death. I haven't wanted to kill myself since that happened. Then again this is me . I don't recommend anything in an effort to heal yourself. Just eat the drugs and fuck it, if you want to that is

I have had the opposite effect. MDMA is a drug I cannot have a bad experience on, whereas acid and shrooms make me incredibly uncomfortable and depressed. I grow as a person from acid trips, but only from being so traumatized by my experience I have to collect myself and abstain from drugs for weeks. But yeah, I agree with you on not going into psychs with the intention of being "healed" by them.

Sup

*blocks my path*