This fucker is EVERYWHERE

This fucker is EVERYWHERE.

His influence spans most mid-late 20th century social sciences and humanities.

Can someone recommend me a book that covers most of his ideas?

I don't want to read his original works because most of his theories have been discredited and his books are not particularly enjoyable. I have Beyond the Pleasure Principle and shit makes no sense to me (I am not trained in psychology).

Grug snort white powder.
Grug fuck mother.

it's so funny because Freud was literally Grug: the "scientist"

How times have changed right?

Today it's totally acceptable to drink ALCOHOL - A POWERFUL SEDATIVE that causes LIVER FAILURE and leads to bad decisions because of LOWERED INHIBITIONS.

Meanwhile an occasional line of COCAINE - a light analgesic and appetite suppressant. Maybe FAT AMERICANS AND EUROPEANS should stop drinking beer and start RAILING COKE.

if you want to be another brainlet spouting "freud is le disproved" then read shitty second literature

It's nice of you to assume I actually speak to anyone!

I have no interest in discussing FREUD. I simply need to understand him so that I can make sense of most of sociology, psychology and philosophy published in the last 40 years.

AND I don't have time to read his original works, since they are not of primary concern to me.

He got BTFO by Jung

This

His original works are short.

>Can someone recommend me a book that covers most of his ideas?
Civilization and its Discontents is the best introduction to Freud, by Freud

How is introductory lectures on psychoanalysis? Also how much Freud should I know before starting Jung?

Freud was full of shit and you know it

both suck. psychoanalysis is trash

a jew and a jew tool

Only frat boy morons use coke. Don't be a fucking jackass, use amphetamine, it's better + more efficient in every fucking way.

You're already a STEMsperg. Just read Totem and Taboo. You'll STEMsperg out and quit right away. Fuck you.

Freud wasn't an atheist, he was a disgruntled Jew up until his old age, after Moses and Monotheism, where he reverted. Not to mention that his ideas are all distinctly Jewish phenomenologically.

> Not to mention that his ideas are all distinctly Jewish phenomenologically.
What exactly do you mean by this?

Don't bother. He's a complete hack.

This but don't call them stemspergs you faggot, you are almost one of them. Use stemfag or stemshit it's been demonstrated to repeatedly do much more damage to the cockroaches. STEMshits are literally subhuman scum. All men And women are equal other than stemfuckers

The only reason you'd ever feel this way is envy. Perhaps you wish you'd made better career choices, or earned more money, or were intelligent enough to study something like mathematics. I doubt you even went to a top 10 university either way.

Bitter little child.

Agreed

Not that same user, but he really wasn't.

>intelligent enough to study something like mathematics

Literally a field comprised 90% of rote memorization and best-practice procedures.

If you're going to speak about something, could you at least ensure that you have even a shred of relevant experience?

It looks like you dropped out of school at the age of 7, since you're still under the impression that maths is just stuff like basic arithmetic.

Also you are factually wrong: mathematicians have the highest IQ of all groups. I'm not even a mathematician myself but at least I'm not an angry bitter dumbass like you.

Projection. You studied CS like the rest of the gaymer autists.
IQ is a nonmetric. Thanks for confirming our suspicions, subhuman.

>dude you can't talk without expertise
>you must have dropped out of le school!
>you are wrong FACTUALLY!!!11!
why do STEMfucks always talk like this kek. is this how you manbois talk on dates too?

>You cannot dislike me, you're not an EXPERT on my FEELINGS!
>This date is actually going quite well: you just don't realize it because of your low IQ
>A cosmopolitan? Looks like you stopped going to High-grade Cocktail Bars at 19

Psychoanalysis is a meme field and the Oedipus complex doesn't exist, sorry.

umm I graduated in History, once again highlighting that you're *factually* (I'm not sure why this word bothers you) wrong, and you have no argument. :)

he's unironically a brainlet

The smartest person I ever knew was a Russian kid in my tenth grade class. He was so smart that he didn't do anything in class but read War and Peace in Russian, one data he announced that he had finished war and peace, I was really impressed since War and Peace was such a long and smart book. Then one day I was listening to him talk to the teacher, he said that he had read Freud, that's when I knew that he was a genius. I never knew what happened to him as he changed schools the next month, but he left a true impact on my and my life for being the only person I have ever known to read the entirety of War and Peace.

Amusing how those most in need of psychoanalysis are the quickest to reject it.

>best-practice procedures
Kek. Your MBA jargon is a dead giveaway. Feeling theatened by the real intellectuals, are we?

10/10

but that's Jung, right?

>history
So, a STEMsperg.
Off yourself.

>Can someone recommend me a book that covers most of his ideas?
The Culture of Critique

>this is what humanitiesniggers actually believe

This.
You are better off reading Veeky Forums posts to gain any insight into the human mind than reading (((Freud))).

Read his works not someone else's '''''insights'''' or summary of his oeuvre. Freud is definitely an important figure of the 20th, yes his theories have been debunked and shown to be obsolete in a clinical setting (most notably by Jung) but he's a must read if you want insights into our society. Don't be like those people who don't want to read something because it doesn't validate their preconceived (fabricated by the CIA, most probably) ideas. Do read everything you get your hands on, and most importantly, read what elicits a strong reaction on your part. Back to Freud, he has great introductory works, written explicitly for non psychologists and american audiences.

Care to name these introductory works?