What am I in for?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BGmpmMTRw-E
youtu.be/IFPwm0e_K98
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Louis_II,_Landgrave_of_Thuringia
youtube.com/watch?v=sYuQLCnCXDQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

kino

Damn that's a nice cover. And the book is one of the best ever written. Too bad the ideas in it are shit.

If you read it heretically, there's something to gain.

Do you mean heresiologically? Agreed.

>Damn that's a nice cover.
thats the memey romanticism cover you plebby

some faggy gay shit desu

>muh Übermensch
>plebs suck
>life should be lived
I would read some of his other works first.

memes

Nietzsche was a proto-Nazi

I like the way the text is used. It actually fits the painting very well. I wish all book covers were this well designed. You're right that the painting itself doesn't fit Nietzsche's worldview the best.

wtf I hate Nietzsche now

>T. Brainlet

>me le no like le people :(
>le nothing matters xD
>le do whatever you want cause you will die one day anyways :D
no one over the age of 16 likes this hack.

This is bait, children.

Thanks, I made it myself so I have a nice cover showing when I lock my Kobo

You're welcome.

>syphilitic and insane hermit leaves his cave to travel the land and rant at people that they're stupid
it's pure memery

i hope so

>What am I in for?
aphorism after aphorism after

A book with no easy answers and many troubled joys... with some uncomfortable sexism.

I would highly recommend reading earlier middle-period nietzsche before going into that one, as Nietzsche is a very self-referential writer.

No matter your take-away it's a good time reading. It's very easy to take some of his ideas at face value, so just look out for the danger of becoming a euphoric fedora asshole (or repulsion from that type of asshole to turn you off from the genuinely inspired ideas in the book).

nietzsche being a good diagnostician but a retard otherwise

:DDDDDD

youtube.com/watch?v=BGmpmMTRw-E

youtu.be/IFPwm0e_K98

rare trivia coming through
>This new table, O my brethren, put I up over you: BECOME HARD!--

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Louis_II,_Landgrave_of_Thuringia
>During Louis II's reign, the population of Thuringia was frequently bullied and harassed by the nobility. Louis began to intervene against these practises, earning him his nickname "Louis the Iron". According to a legend, which was recorded by Johannes Rothe in 1421, Louis II was travelling anonymously and one night, he found shelter with a blacksmith in Ruhla. The blacksmith, as he worked the iron in his forge, complained about the people's plight and cursed the nobility, lamenting that their lord was too soft towards them, and addressed the iron as if it were the landgrave himself: "Landgraf, werde hart!" (German: "Landgrave, become hard!" or "Landgrave, take a stance!") These words spurred Louis into action against the robber barons. According to the legend, after the offenders had been arrested, they were harnessed to a plough and forced to plough a field.

>meme
Caspar David Friedrich is underrated in his, one painting, overuse.

if you've read the greeks: flawed enlightenment

if you've not read the greeks: wtf dis is gobbledigook le lmao fukin plens !!

Is romanticism the capeshit of painting?

Yes?

wtf I hate Nazi now

Every time I saw this image without the text I thought it was A Descent Into the Maelstrom by Poe.

Am I a brainlet?

Nietzsche thought this book was dogshit later in his life.

nope. the only one he partially disavowed was birth of tragedy.
show me a single line where he talks negatively about zarathustra. something that isnt:
>In my lifework, my Zarathustra holds a place apart. With it, I gave my fellow-men the greatest[Pg 4] gift that has ever been bestowed upon them. This book, the voice of which speaks out across the ages, is not only the loftiest book on earth, literally the book of mountain air,—the whole phenomenon, mankind, lies at an incalculable distance beneath it,—but it is also the deepest book, born of the inmost abundance of truth

>Nietzsche
More like Nazische amirite XD

Fuck off reddit

A book that will legitimately remain in your memory and actually influence your philosophical thinking, if you read it in German.
A bunch of try hard nonsense if you read it in any other language.

Haven't even read the book but I sense the bait.

its the /pol/ faggots favorite style of painting and the vast majority of GAPEGEENO posters on /tv/ are bottom of the barrel reddit /pol/yps so yes

>implying he finds anything transcendental

>with some uncomfortable sexism
Are you a fucking faggot or something?

>tfw everything gets lost in translation.

A nice fast read that will give you some long thoughtful nights.

Based.

Thank you for posting this. This is my favorite part of the book. part 4 had me rolling on the floor.

A good laugh. I don't mean that in an anti-Nietzsche way, either — he's a writer with good sense of irony and comic timing, and many of the sections are written like shaggy-dog jokes. One of the key themes of the book is "don't take yourself too seriously."

romanticism disguised as philosophy

lol, no, he even wrote that there will be entire colleges devoted to its study one day.

of course he was half memeing and half insane by that point, but he maintained that zarathustra was his masterpiece and that BGE and GM were just supplements for brainlets to help them understand TSZ.

he actually wrote BGE and GM based on the request of a friend who said that Zarathustra was genius, but admitted that he was too 90iq to get everything and needed a companion.

maddox.xmission except with shittier prose

Thanks, I just bought a 100k

You've misunderstood Gondola.
youtube.com/watch?v=sYuQLCnCXDQ