You will never live in a time/place where your literacy makes you special

>You will never live in a time/place where your literacy makes you special

Can you imagine being able to make a living for yourself just by reading and writing simple shit for people?

Other urls found in this thread:

pompeiana.org/Resources/Ancient/Graffiti from Pompeii.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

chinese hired writers were especially important because calligraphic styles were an early watermark, so if you wanted secure messaging/hacking other communications you needed someone who could writing beautiful characters to impersonate nobility n shit or for the sake of legibility

So move to a third world country, like Cameroon or Iowa.

Cameroon has a literacy rate of 75+%
Iowa has a literacy rate of 99.9+% (The highest of all 50 states)

Literacy in either of those places is nothing special.

Writing trite trivial crap for a living sounds tedious ayy eff, to be desu.

>you will never live in a time/place were books are so fuckoff expensive that only the richest people have any at all
Hmmm. Terrible.

Lol, just don’t be poor

Just write your own

like I said

At least you'd constantly have people coming up to you and giving you content for your fiction for free.

The internet is a place where literacy makes you special.

really makes you think

Everyone on the internet is inherently literate

Even the babies that watch YouTube all day must be able to recognize the images of the videos they want to click on and watch.

Shit I never thought about caligraphy like that

Statistical literacy and effective literacy are not the same thing
It basically just means this person wont be stupid enough to drink bleach

My mother's first job was writing a company directory on poster board that would be posted on the wall in an office building.

Imagine being a baby with access to Youtube.

And how do you measure effective literacy?

In any number of ways, its kind of my point there's no firm line where "literate" begins and to qualify for the UN's standards is not actually what most people would consider literate

My sister bought her 16 month old his own tablet

The point being, you want to able to say “You are not really literate!” for whatever arbitrary reason you come up with against people who can read and write.

Well if you can't read a page without slowly enunciating each word. I mean you might technically be literate on some level but come on

Like I said, arbitrary

It’s just like handwriting, user

out of all the garbage you can find in the midwest you decide to target iowa of all fuckign states im certain you were dropped as a child my man theres something very wrong with you

Iowa is top tier my dude. But then again, you’ve probably never spent much time here so whatever.

yeah I'd love to be in ancient Greece or Rome, seeing those great civilizations in their prime

I'm not the same user, but try DC, Maryland, or New England.

Fuck- forget the clear anti-nonwhite bias among whites- what about white people’s utter destructiveness towards EACH OTHER? WWI, WWII, Britain vs. France, France vs. Russia, America vs. Spain, Brits vs. Irish, Irish vs. Irish, and THOUSANDS of years of non-stop conflict before that, whether it’s ‘barbarian’ whites (Gaul, Teutons, Anglo-Saxons) against civilized Greece and Rome, or- fuck!- what about that utter fountainhead of Western European Identity- Greece, itself, which was never ‘Greece’, but dozens of warring city-states who wouldn’t wait to cut each other’s throats? What about Italy’s wars against itself before its slow and bloody consolidation? This is not to even mention the rates at which local whites offed each in numbers that, neighborhood by neighborhood, would make the alt-right’s nightmares re: “Chicago blacks” seem like paradise. Just look at human murder rate over time! Europe was NEVER unified until the last 50 years, there was NEVER an ‘Islamic’ empire, NEVER a ‘Christian’ empire, just a bunch of self-loathing morons who were arguing, in micro, exactly what the alt-right morons are currently arguing in macro. And because I see absolutely NO historical evidence of white people’s respect for other white people, it would be quite the leap of faith for me to accept that white people are innately accepting of non-whites. Goddamn- the European Union can’t even hold itself together without finger-pointing, and these morons are pining for a ‘European homeland’ where they would be absolutely rejected by the true locals as ‘fooking Yanks’! They are idealizing Europe and ‘white’ identity because they neither understand Europe nor white identity. Put another way, they’ve been utterly cucked by history, and think the resultant stain is some sort of inborn nature.

uhhh okay?

ur seeing american civilization in it's prime rn u fag

lol yeah everybody hates the jews and they may be particularly pecuniarily motivated, but europeans are just savage, like ppl act like isis is some kind crazy barbarism and it's like dude whites only stopped doing the same kinda shit like a generation ago lol

>like Cameroon or Iowa
love you man, you make me laugh

Read this.

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is a slave.

I imagine that this level of instant gratification isn't good for a child.
Having to ask someone to share with you with the distinct possibility that they might say no is an inherent part of becoming a functioning person

These guys are still around in India, sitting in the street with a typewriter. Why not go there ?

Literacy is still special, It's just that there's been some power creep over time. Interpreting a sentence is baby shit now. Constructing a correct sentence is the new shit. Using the means of construction to make it fit into a theme, Stringing the theme into a narrative, Making it meaningfully dense and enjoyable to break down, That's the line now. Any 5-year-old can write, But it takes time to learn how to write, right?

and I don't like much of what I see..

It was just like now, humanity is just a big shitpost of evolution.
pompeiana.org/Resources/Ancient/Graffiti from Pompeii.htm

Because then I'd have to live in fucking India

Humor is universal, culture is not.

How can I read and write simple shit for people now and get paid? NEET here

Did you not read OP? You can’t anymore.

I'm a yankee, living in small town Alabama. In essense, I have been doing this for the last 20 years. Poorly educated rednecks (even the college trained ones) can't figure out the most simple things. I win.

So you wanna be special and respected by people but with no effort on your part? Cool.

Literacy isn’t a low-effort endeavor