imgur.com/a/oXGu3
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Farewell to Arms
>soycore
explain

I don't know what any of those books have to do with each other

OP doesn't like them

Yeah, it looks pretty salty.

I like charts though, so let's keep it up.

Why are lobsters such a big deal in literature?

phallic symbol and tasty food

Because lobsters live for over one hundred years, are blue-blooded like aristocrats, and stay fertile all their lives. I also like the sea very much.

here

imgur.com/a/oXGu3

>KJV
Your chart is immediately shit

One should start from the history or it doesn't matter ?

Doesn't matter.

You christians sure are contentious about that shit, eh?

Indisputably the best bible f@m.

Highly recommend A Book of Traveller's Tales, it's my favourite book

There's no need to get anal about Bible translations, especially not if you're reading for devotional purposes.

Chadcore:
>Farewell to Arms - Mark Rippetoe

is there a chart for poetry?

What translation is best varies for each person but the (non revised)NIV is an objectively better translation than the KJV.
The only advantage of KJV is that it sounds the coolest when you quote it.

Is there a chart for scottish literature? History or fiction.

Not very pretty, but here's one for history!

>the only advantage of KJV is that it is the best aesthetic accomplishment
Exactly.

thanks

it seems scottish fiction has fell out of favour.

No problem. I don't really read fiction, so I wouldn't know.

Making your own list isn't that hard though, desu. Pull up Wikipedia, find whatever looks interesting, and throw the covers together in MS paint

anyone got any /x/ charts?

Does this qualify? Seems I missed it.

Also: not by a Mexican writer but Under The Volcano is set there and is pretty good

Gracias, amigo.

Where's Gregório de Matos? Leminski? Hilda Hilst? ( ...Padre Antonio Viera? O Cortiço??). Nice to see Dalton Trevisan, Murilo Rubião... well, good to see a br chart anyways.

Desculpe; eu não sou brasileiro. I'm just posting what I've accumulated over the years.

The KJV doesn't necessarily have the most aesthetic accomplishment
Rather, the KJV has heavily influenced culture from when it was the best available translation

For example Matthew 22:21
NIV: "Caesar's," they replied. Then he said to them, "So give back to Caesar what is Caesar's, and to God what is God's."
KJV: They say unto him, Caesar's. Then saith he unto them, Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's; and unto God the things that are God's.

The NIV is much more clear and concise than the KJV
Which reads better is debatable
But the KJV is undoubtedly the more iconic because "Render unto Caesar" is so recognizable.

Dump complete. Have a good day, Veeky Forums!

Wheres that essay from a white nationalist magazine he copped from?

thanks user! this is all great.

Would anyone be interested if I made a chart for guides and stuff to abstract strategy games, (games that don't involve luck) like chess, shogi, go etc

definitely interested in a go one!

>City of God
this book is unreadable
I read a few hundred pages in it and let me tell you that unless you're literally studying theology on a uni level that shit is so dense and so dry it's best avoided
try Confessions instead, which is far better reading

Rollan

or if you're just autistic
note that Aquinas' Summa is even longer, even drier and even denser so avoid that one as well

Kafka isn't German.

Steven Runciman's "A History of the Crusades" should be included in there

>Perterson
>Trump
>Moyneux
>MacDonald
>soycore

t. triggered soyboy

tbqh the chart should be
>Dom Casmurro
>Memórias Póstumas de Brás Cubas
>Grande Sertão Veredas
A lot of this chart is "ok lit" and most people don't know Brazilian literature. I think it's pointless to dillute the chart with "ok stuff" just for the sake of having more books while you could just point people to the actual great ones.

>I have recently overcome my prejudice against Clarice Lispector with A Hora da Estrela and liked it though, prose is 9.999/10
>Never read Rubião or Trevisan though

These are neat.

Why do you have to post shit like this man, you know it doesn't breed any worthwhile discussion. I'm not saying don't be political, but be actually political, this is just namecalling and stupid.

just made this
any feedback? from either of the people on this board who know anything about Icelandic literature lmao

did not realize until making this how starved Icelandic literature is of English translations
had to pass up a lot of classics and a lot of great authors simply because their works only exist in Icelandic and maybe German or Danish