Sex and character

>"It is impossible for women, because they are only sexual to recognise their
sexuality, because recognition of anything requires duality. With man it is not only
that he is not merely sexual, but anatomically and physiologically he can "detach"
himself from it. That is why he has the power to enter into whatever sexual relations
he desires; if he likes he can limit or increase such relations; he can refuse or assent to
them. He can play the part of a Don Juan or a monk. He can assume which he will. To
put it bluntly, man possesses sexual organs; her sexual organs possess woman."

Is it really like this? Isn't man always driven by sex anyway, like womens? He can play Don Juan or be a monk, but he can't elude sexuality completely

>reading Weininger for the content rather than the forms through which he expressed his arguments
In Weininger's view, all people were a mix of "masculine" and "feminine." To the extent to which men are "possessed" by their sex drive, they are feminine.

>Is it really like this?
It is accurate based on my understanding of myself and the other
>Isn't man always driven by sex anyway, like womens?
No, for example, I can work for years at my scientific projects and completely ignore women for the rest of my life; the energy which drives me to alter the external world is in many ways sexual, but I can choose where and how I direct these energies.
>He can play Don Juan or be a monk, but he can't elude sexuality completely
That's not his claim.

>Is it really like this?

Yes.

>No, for example, I can work for years at my scientific projects and completely ignore women for the rest of my life; the energy which drives me to alter the external world is in many ways sexual, but I can choose where and how I direct these energies.

And you wouldn't masturbate, never?

>That's not his claim.
you're right

>Isn't man always

thats his point. not always. he has the potentiality to detach himself from it, women dont. but if he doesnt detach from it then he still remains bound as a woman.

/r9k/ - the philosopher

>And you wouldn't masturbate, never?
nofap is a thing you know.
the more I integrate the feminine aspects of myself the less desire I have to masturbate; my desire to masturbate fundamentally stems from a deep-seated desire of what I perceive the other to have and which I lack. As I realize that I don't lack such things, and those qualities are already internal to me, I become sexually satisfied.

>because recognition of anything requires duality
Dropped. Majority of average men are pathetically in between Don Juan's and monks. Be wary of anyone who brings up duality for non essentialist / poetic explanations OP.

What a trash rebuttal. As if he's not just describing potential.

Literally the only good thing Weininger did was argue for gradations instead of strict dualities

The fact that womemes can't detach from their sexuality sounds like a projection more than anything.

Well he did consider himself to be fairly feminine/Jewish

He le agrees with muh spectrumz

>sexuality

that is not just sex

I wasn't talking about gender specifically but... yeah, kinda. He thought some lesbians had enough masculinity to operate on the same level as men

lesbians love cocks just like other women

>He thought some lesbians had enough masculinity to operate on the same level as men
No, he didn't. He thought the most feminine man more masculine than the most masculine woman.
But yes, he does agree with your pet theory that gender is on a spectrum, so you can afford not to hate him rabidly.

Also, you're mom gay

Otto Whynigger might have been a worthless kike, but in an era in which the Hirschfeld's speech and writes were starting to become a thing he actually understood that osmotic process between genders. In other words more than one century ago he prognoses the masculinization of the female world and feminilization of the male world.

good post

if weininger stood on coast and observed ships far out on the sea and creating theories
>the male captain has detached himself from the wind
>the female captain has no consciousness of the dualism necessary to reach her destination
>she must have less idealistic desire than the man
>the mediocre captain must be a superposition of successful and uncussesful captain
its all unnecessary metaphysical baggage which doesnt get us closer to understanding whats going on, bruno and nietzsche knew this. weininger was too influenced by schopenhauer's idealistic will-denial and blackpilled himself because he couldnt join an imagined array of great saints.