Find a flaw

Find a flaw

that's not me

>Elon Musk

Bokeh looks fake and gay.

too handsome.

as much as I hate the stereotypical Camus fan and think his "philosophical" works are shit gotta give the guy credit where it's due, his novels are fucking ace. Also shooting Arabs is fun.

What's wrong with his philosophy?

Camus is an interesting figure in that he is overrated and yet under appreciated. Let me say I absolutely love Camus and his works. He hits gold in novels like The Fall, The Stranger is great as well, but often it is the only work people know of Camus and is often misunderstood. He has hidden gems in Exile and the Kingdom and the heart warming The First Man. The plague is a decent work, it seems to be more shabbily put together than his other works. A Happy Death is a really interesting one as well, and I deeply enjoyed it, but since I have only read it once I refrain from passing a firm judgment. As a novelist and fiction writer Camus is simple yet sweet, and has a lot more to offer than most people take from him. His nonfiction is where his reputation really gets muddied. Unfortunately for the legacy of Camus, he falls into being called a philosopher when he truly wasn’t. Camus took a lot of inspiration from Montaigne and this is reflected in his approach to his essays, as they are by no means up to any level of true academic scrutiny, but more simple in form and content. The Rebel and the actual essay of The Myth of Sisyphus deviate from his standard form and are akin to philosophical works rather than his general essays, but these are outliers in his body of content. Camus was not a grandiose philosopher or magnificent writer, but he was a very human author, and I’ve always found his works to be deeply personal. One should read him not in the terms of an academic by any means, but rather, as letters from a friend. I also rambled on in this ceaselessly, so I apologize to the two people who might actually read this

Communist.

Agree with this.
If it were possible to alleviate Camus' posthumous condition, and to rehabilitate his legacy in one swoop, it would be reshaped like this:
His reputation should be that of a minor novelist, rather than a philosopher (or even a "philosophical novelist" - as if he really distinguishes himself in this area...) Project of absurdism wiped off the map. Sartre connection, eliminated. The Absurd!! should be a theme, a current flowing through all his novels, a personal predilection: not some sort of philosophical premise which overshadows all his fiction writing. Entry-level Evil

He's a pussy

He is balding. Hairlet. 0/10

he was a homosexual

Where do go after The Outsider/The Stranger with Camus?

I still want to die

Unpopular opinion:

>Camus was a better thinker.
>Sartre was a better writer.

this is a bonus, not a flaw.

hairline
ears
tuberculosis
blackfoot
manlet
brainlet
commie
terrible non-fiction

comfy novels though

>blackfoot
>flaw

i'm sorry my man but you are wrong

In some cases you may be right, but he supported Algerian independence which is of course unforgiveable.

>manlet

Stop making shit up.

It's true though.

Céline on Camus:
"It's nothing... a moralist... always telling people what is good and what is wrong, what they should do and what they shouldn't do... to get married or not... it's the Church who should do that..." (In letters to Robert Stromberg)

It's fucking nothing

>Camus
>Commie

he's right you know

He didn’t support Algerian independence, he wanted something akin to a commonwealth like Canada was with the UK

this is a very good post

As someone with a very basic understanding of his work and philosophy, I always found his take on life to be deeply unsatisfying. The idea that you could potentially find purpose in rebelling against life's monotony and crushing existentialism seems wishful and self-important. I also feel like he falls into the trap of philosophical suicide by constructing his own form of escapsim, but his is one of rebellion and defiance instead of god or something similarly arbitrary.

his philosophy

Should have stayed with literature

MCDONALDS! MCDONALDS! MCDONALDS!

Camus was as cool a commie as they come tho
Tapped out after it went to shit and said that Algeria shouldn't become independent of France